[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have just made a friend for life! I'm so damn happy...I don't have the words!:panic: :panic: :panic: :blissy :blissy :blissy :banana :yess:
I can't believe I'm finally going to have a 1/4 fully sculpted Byrne era lineup. I never thought that was going to happen. Ok Bryan, I'm all in. Cyclops, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Phoenix, and Storm are soooo bought. I just hope the Fox/Misney war is over soon. I can't wait to see what you boys come up with.
I needed a moment to compose myself gentlemen.

Grats Filip! Know you wanted this for a long time. I can't wait either :)

Yeah, that's how I feel. Plenty of options for fans of the Lee era. I'm overjoyed that the Byrne era is finally getting some love in 1/4 scale. XM has my complete attention now. I didn't want to commit to Phoenix if XM wasn't going to give us the rest of the Byrne era lineup. Man, I still can't believe it. A 1/4 fully sculpted line of Byrne era X-MEN. Gotta start selling off a bunch of SSC pieces to make room and raise some cash for these XM X-MEN pieces. This is just incredible news for me.

Yea same here I am in the process of selling off a lot of my collection to make room and fund the new XM line of stuff.

Yea same here I am in the process of selling off a lot of my collection to make room and fund the new XM line of stuff.

I've been holding back on selling some of my SSC stuff. If the XM X-MEN line wasn't Byrne era, I don't know that I would have picked up any other XM pieces besides Mags and Thanos. However, Bryan stating all the upcoming X-MEN pieces are 80's styled has completely changed everything for me. That's at least another 5 statues for me now (Cyke, Phoenix, Colossus, Storm, and Nightcrawler). I'm also very interested to see what XM does with Green Goblin and Dr Doom. Yep, no doubt about it, some of my SSC pieces are gonna have to go.

Yeah, that's how I feel. Plenty of options for fans of the Lee era. I'm overjoyed that the Byrne era is finally getting some love in 1/4 scale. XM has my complete attention now. I didn't want to commit to Phoenix if XM wasn't going to give us the rest of the Byrne era lineup. Man, I still can't believe it. A 1/4 fully sculpted line of Byrne era X-MEN. Gotta start selling off a bunch of SSC pieces to make room and raise some cash for these XM X-MEN pieces. This is just incredible news for me.

Hey bro don't jump the gun selling your SS stuff yet. Don't jinx XM's janx bro. What's wrong with you!?:lol I too prefer the Byrne era as well. Chris Claremont / Byrne era is my favorite XMen time.

I've been holding back on selling some of my SSC stuff. If the XM X-MEN line wasn't Byrne era, I don't know that I would have picked up any other XM pieces besides Mags and Thanos. However, Bryan stating all the upcoming X-MEN pieces are 80's styled has completely changed everything for me. That's at least another 5 statues for me now (Cyke, Phoenix, Colossus, Storm, and Nightcrawler). I'm also very interested to see what XM does with Green Goblin and Dr Doom. Yep, no doubt about it, some of my SSC pieces are gonna have to go.

Yea I would be up for all of those as well along with many others haha. But as far as other X Men I want this

rogue-bigcostume4.jpg

I'd be down for those two X-men...especially Nightcrawler. Wolverine, Colossus, Nightcrawler, and Gambit are my fave X-Men.

As for Green Goblin, I've already told Kenny to lock me in!*

*just a joke, people, they are not taking orders for Green Goblin.

Personally I'd still prefer the Lee versions for Cyclops, Storm and Beast. However would love to see XM take on a Byrne's of Angel (I'd get two for a blue/white and red/white costumes). Anyway will just see what's produced. For now Phoenix is the main attraction.

Ooh yeah! I'm excited about this too. I was always an X-Men fan ...moreso than an Avengers fan. That's why I'm really hoping that the contracts dispute gets resolved soon!

Ooh yeah! I'm excited about this too. I was always an X-Men fan ...moreso than an Avengers fan. That's why I'm really hoping that the contracts dispute gets resolved soon!

I'm in the EXACT same boat. I like the Avengers, especially the Perez and Byrne issues. However, the X-MEN have always been my favorite group. I'm looking to add just four 1/4 Avengers to my collection (Thor, Cap, Iron Man, and Hulk). Those are the characters I've targeted even though I also like many other members (Vision, Black Panther, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch...). However, my love of the Byrne era X-MEN would compel me to pick up most of the characters in the Claremont/Byrne run. I gave up all hope of having my favorite 6 characters in 1/4 scale from that era. To find out XM is going to do that era (in a fully sculpted format to boot) has me over the moon. XM has brought back a sizzle and excitement to this hobby for me and I couldn't be more thrilled.

Could XM be the ones to finally top the original Doom PF???

I would just like to see what XM could come up with for Doom specifically. They obviously have seen what SSC has done with for the character (twice). It would be interesting to see the XM version of Doom.

Would you guys be into Psylocke from the 80s? Pre getting randomly turned Asian?

I would just like to see what XM could come up with for Doom specifically. They obviously have seen what SSC has done with for the character (twice). It would be interesting to see the XM version of Doom.

I have no idea what the development timeline was for the XM Magneto, so I don't mean to imply that XM was learning a lesson from SSC. But it is interesting the way that XM put a seated Magneto in a "throne" i.e. similar to the choice SSC made back with their first Doom PF - seated in a throne rather than standing like nearly all PFs - which was and remains a brilliant success.

Yea! Would definitely be into Psylocke ...pre-Asian. HaHa

She was actually pretty hot then too. Not as badass...but still hot. IMHO, anyway.

Yea! Would definitely be into Psylocke ...pre-Asian. HaHa

She was actually pretty hot then too. Not as badass...but still hot. IMHO, anyway.

Hahah Yea I like the hooded design, I am also a fan of the Lady Mandarin design quite a bit

Back