[XM Studios] Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeh hate those excusing "its the angle or the lighting" comments. Hey! I want it to look good from any angle!! Dont want to have to angle my gaze at evening o'clock when the light hits the peeks of the mountains while the owl howls or whatever! If it looks weird, its wierd!!

XM you guys are champs. Please keep up the consistancy as you do! Where was this shorudan comment from?

Yeh hate those excusing "its the angle or the lighting" comments. Hey! I want it to look good from any angle!! Dont want to have to angle my gaze at evening o'clock when the light hits the peeks of the mountains while the owl howls or whatever! If it looks weird, its wierd!!

XM you guys are champs. Please keep up the consistancy as you do! Where was this shorudan comment from?

You do realize poor light can completely throw off your perception right? Or do your statues look amazing in pitch black darkness :lol

From shorudan at SF few minutes ago:

Hey folks, there have been questions about Phoenix's final face sculpts and hair. Here's the low down. In the original PO photos, the Fiery bird was too angled which runs the risk of leaning over time so we had to straighten it up. This created an issue with the original hair 'clashing' with the bird so we had to redo the hair sculpt to flow upwards to avoid collision with the bird. The pics you see here will be the 2 final head sculpts and the hair is also different for each. The original angry face will come with the hair that's more extreme and flowing upwards to depict the emotional silent yet powerful rage (like super Saiyan lol) the calmer face sculpt comes with a more subdued hair. Hope this clarifies! Oh yeah, and the iris will be painted same sizeas PO pics... it's probably the BKK convention photos that doesn't show it well.

11188442_1546194755601218_3843776321636399539_n.jpg

11182033_1546194745601219_4049454778989280203_n.jpg

Calm face looks great! I actually have grown to like the hair on the second head as well. This piece is going to put the rest of my xmen to shame:lol

Agreed and agreed. Might as well unload those old pieces to help absorb the blow of this beauty. ;)

I've never had any issues with the new hair on either portrait. And now that I see both painted, I have no complaints ...thats just from the two pics Bryan posted.

These new pics are a couple steps back from the proto pics, imo. The glossy paint on the costume and hair is no good, and both heads are nowhere near as amazing as the original proto design. The calm face looks boring and plain, and the hair for that version looks odd.

If XM went back to the original proto head, then I wouldn't mind either of the other portraits being included. But as it stands now, this statue is starting to take a nose dive for no reason.

These new pics are a couple steps back from the proto pics, imo. The glossy paint on the costume and hair is no good, and both heads are nowhere near as amazing as the original proto design. The calm face looks boring and plain, and the hair for that version looks odd.

If XM went back to the original proto head, then I wouldn't mind either of the other portraits being included. But as it stands now, this statue is starting to take a nose dive for no reason.

I disagree, I think she looks great even with the new changes. The paint looks fantastic to me. I think the heads will look great too. Just need to see them in more consistent lighting.

:goodpost:

Bryan posted the exact reasons why changes were made - lean potential & collision with the bird - so stating that this is changing "for no reason" makes zero sense.

:goodpost:

Bryan posted the exact reasons why changes were made - lean potential & collision with the bird - so stating that this is changing "for no reason" makes zero sense.

It makes perfect sense, because leaning issues wouldn't make you change a sculpt entirely. You would either move things around or lean it another way.

It makes perfect sense, because leaning issues wouldn't make you change a sculpt entirely. You would either move things around or lean it another way.
This created an issue with the original hair 'clashing' with the bird so we had to redo the hair sculpt to flow upwards to avoid collision with the bird.

It's crystal clear why the changes were made.

Back