XM Studios - License DC Comics ???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
XM's QC with their inspection and touch ups from their artists is a nice touch. At least I know what I'm getting is pretty close to a prototype piece.

Also has anyone had to exchange any damaged pieces? How has the customer sevice been? With SS I'm exchanging something out every few orders.

I know someone received a cap prototype where the head didn't fit. They sent him a new one and he was to destroy the proto. Haven't been many exchanges though, but they been on their game with getting out replacement parts.

I know someone received a cap prototype where the head didn't fit. They sent him a new one and he was to destroy the proto. Haven't been many exchanges though, but they been on their game with getting out replacement parts.

XM said the statue he received was a reject that accidently got shipped to him, that's why they replaced it so quick...

I thought they check every single statue before they are shipped.

They open and inspect each statue, doesn't mean someone can't accidently put the reject box in with the good ones. Human error does occur once in awhile even with pros :)

I thought they check every single statue before they are shipped.

They open and inspect each statue, doesn't mean someone can't accidently put the reject box in with the good ones. Human error does occur once in awhile even with pros :)

Yeah they fixed that super fast when they figured out what happened. I have heard of one otHer problem that came up after a piece was transported, but it is all getting worked out.

But...but...but...they AREN'T Sideshow! They HAVE to be good!

:lol

?Also if a pose like Magneto hasn't been done, that wouldn't be considered generic, more so as original.

Grumpy guy slumped in a throne is original?

I'm not trying to sway your opinion. You got every point to dislike the pieces. But how was that not smiting? Mr. Green had it right, he too did not like it, but doesn't go into the extremes to try and start something.

Extreme relative to what? If you know which words accurately convey how I feel about their work, by all means share.

Good luck finding a negative adjective (let alone several) that will not 'start something' when people are this defensive (or 'smited'). I was asked to explain why I thought the art was generic and uninspired. I did. I wasn't trying to hurt your feelings.

You want to understand the love? Many things are considered, people like Sosa, people think Artgerm does good art, XM listens to customer feedback, they offer many things that other companies do not (example: Black Widow has 2 bases, 4 different weapons, 2 change of heads, a bust to display, and art print); closest thing to offer that much by a company, I'd say would be Deadpool exclusive PF, and yet still doesn't compare.

I still don't understand. I care about the art and I don't like it.

Artgerm draws pretty pictures. I get bored of seeing the same girl with change of costume/change of hair. :dunno

That said, I don't see XM executing his art faithfully. Sideshow doesn't either, but I find their women attractive, or at the least, animated (often both). I don't see a lot of character in XM's work, is all.

It's pointless really, this debate. Why? Well because each side is subjective to their own ideas as to what they consider great or bad. If you truly did not like it, all you needed to say was, I do not like XM's work, so I wouldn't care for them to have the DC license. Simple, done.

Or I could say why, instead of assuming that only positive opinions had permission to be articulated beyond, "I like XM's work."

And the fact that people evaluate esthetic quality by different standards does not make their evaulations subjective. People have reasons for liking what they do and do not; real, objective reasons.

With SS rising costs, crazy high edition sizes and constant corner cutting this why I'm now focusing on XM. Like here in the UK Pinhead and Boba Fett have both gone up at £345, that's a big price hike from when you consider you could pick up the Joker PF for £250 when that was out.

If I'm going to spend this sort of money. I'm going to be really picky with what I buy and only XM are doing it for me now.

I'm not saying XM are better than SS, I'm just saying XM are a lot more to my tastes than SS right now.

With SS rising costs, crazy high edition sizes and constant corner cutting this why I'm now focusing on XM. Like here in the UK Pinhead and Boba Fett have both gone up at £345, that's a big price hike from when you consider you could pick up the Joker PF for £250 when that was out.

If I'm going to spend this sort of money. I'm going to be really picky with what I buy and only XM are doing it for me now.

I'm not saying XM are better than SS, I'm just saying XM are a lot more to my tastes than SS right now.

I would agree with this EXCEPT for Sideshow's incredible horror line up. That is going to earn them some of my cash still. Low ES, and crazy-good designs in their horror line.

I would agree with this EXCEPT for Sideshow's incredible horror line up. That is going to earn them some of my cash still. Low ES, and crazy-good designs in their horror line.
Yeah the COTD line is really impressive but I'm not collecting horror. I'm just talking as a Comic Marvel and DC collector

Yea, I have been a HUGE SSC supporter but recently, they are losing me...fast. Doesn't mean much to their bottom line but I am not ordering too many SSC pieces from here on out. I'll probably keep the ones I have now and MAYBE PO BG, PG, Boba, and Vader but some of those will definitely be the regulars. SSC is clearly cutting corners every year and simply raising prices and ES. XM, while very expensive, is amazing quality, low ES, awesome extras...just makes it more what I am looking for. If they get a DC license, I will definitely be interested...

A 100% sculpted Batman and Superman by XM could easily beat SS offerings (unless your a hardcore mix media fan).... IMO Batman PF was a mess with his outfit and the sculpt IMO made his body way to bulky... Superman PF came out looking nice but the pose is on the boring side.

Now if SS can make their Wonder Woman look like the prototype then yeah that would be a tough one to beat, SS pretty much nailed it..

I disagree here. I think Sideshows Batman and Superman are pretty close to the ultimate representation. The sculpted capes are one of my favorite items on a superhero and I'll be picking both up when I can grab a sale.

XM studio's Marvel stuff is much better than Sideshows offerings though. Price excluded. Sideshow really didn't grasp the X-men for example and most of them look pretty poor in my eye's. Although I don't like the XM Hulk. SS has them there (and so they should when you have 352 different Hulk statues).

For a company that prides itself in churning out the same characters due to popular demand, I'm completely puzzled as to why they haven't churned out more Wolverine. It's a mystery :lol

Mr. Green doesn't like the armpit of batman pf so he fix it a bit. sup pf is harder to fix. ww will be close to perfect. but it doesn't matter, SSC and XM are targeting different media. we'll see how well XM does in the future but so far SSC wins, IMO.

:goodpost: :exactly: :lecture

If XM get the DC 1:4 license, then it will be very interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back