XM Studios Harley Quinn - KNIGHT of the RISING SUN 1/4 Premium Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm for it but a ton of things have to change.

Firstly, if this is largely a samurai based concept, the peace sign has to go. As culturally it has a different significance in Japan as in America. Which leads to my second thing.

Why a baseball bat and peace sign? Those are time specific in certain periods, so how is that she's doing something where for hundreds of years will not exist?

The feet are also a problem, either someone else is under that skirt, or Batman has broken every bone in her hip and leg to do a pose like that.

The Joker summoning is very unnecessary as a base and kills it. Which leads me to question why XM goes for ridiculous bases at time.

Tattoos are another time sensitive and culturally specific thing, but I won't lie; I do like the idea of Harley and Joker with tattoos. Even more so, it still has a ton of flaws.

I do like the face and if she has alabaster skin tones, I'm all for it. The outfit is also cool. For now, it's a total pass.

Yakuzas used to have baseball bats as weapons back in the day, and they do form some sort of image now in Japan. Plus Joker concept was him being a Yakuza too, so that kinda ties up. Peace signs, I've always associated them with being ***, you see girls doing it all the time there.

And yup I think we all agree the feet angles look weird (and anatomically impossible)

Yakuzas used to have baseball bats as weapons back in the day, and they do form some sort of image now in Japan. Plus Joker concept was him being a Yakuza too, so that kinda ties up. Peace signs, I've always associated them with being ***, you see girls doing it all the time there.

And yup I think we all agree the feet angles look weird (and anatomically impossible)

What doesn't make sense is that it is meant as oriental or samurai based. I get Yakuza uses bats, but that was within the last 40 years or so. Baseball in general has been a concept much older than Yakuza, and the concept for this line is much older than baseball.

I'm not saying Japan doesn't use bats or peace sign and so on, what I mean to say is that it is a periodic anomaly.

I see Joker is meant more Yakuza-esque; but can still fit within the primary samurai concept.

It just doesn't seem to connect for me.

As for people saying the 3D print may change things (I'm sure the feet will be much better); I think a lot is going on with this statue that just doesn't fit. Thankfully many on FB agree that the Joker statue/base is totally unnecessary.

Baseball was introduced to Japan in the late 1800's (1872), only a few years after the feudal period ended (1868).

I suppose I just don't understand the disconnect.

Given the futuristic bike Catwoman is leaning on I don't think this line is based In the past....

What doesn't make sense is that it is meant as oriental or samurai based. I get Yakuza uses bats, but that was within the last 40 years or so. Baseball in general has been a concept much older than Yakuza, and the concept for this line is much older than baseball.

I'm not saying Japan doesn't use bats or peace sign and so on, what I mean to say is that it is a periodic anomaly.

I see Joker is meant more Yakuza-esque; but can still fit within the primary samurai concept.

It just doesn't seem to connect for me.

As for people saying the 3D print may change things (I'm sure the feet will be much better); I think a lot is going on with this statue that just doesn't fit. Thankfully many on FB agree that the Joker statue/base is totally unnecessary.

Exactly! No one said these pieces were based on characters from ancient Japan ...or even old Japan. XM Batman is wielding a grappling gun and Catwoman is on an advanced speed bike.

From Gabriel Ong.

14225505_1230929983623931_8216827186090113333_n.jpg

14264153_1230929873623942_2314017513252485481_n.jpg

was really hoping the design for harley was better. out of the gotham sirens she's my fav, but currently from the xm line, she has the worst design so far.

It's just art, wait for the 3d renderings those will have the changes made to it.... But I agree fix the leg and get rid of the Joker...

I ****ing hate that I want Ivy, Catwoman, and if Harley gets done right; her as well. Portraits are interesting. Hopefully they skip out on the recent surge of blonde hair with blue and red tips. I love either the full blonde hair, or black and red.

I haven't been a fan of this one from the concept art and this isn't doing anything to change that. There's just no reason for her body to be positioned like that.

Yea ...I gotta say that pose looks very geriatric.

It doesn't come off as playful at all.

Is her right arm covered in tattoos? That pose is just bad. She doesn't need a cane she needs a walker. And seriously, why is Harley tossing up a peace sign? So much wrong.

Back