XM Studios Global Invasion - coming soon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spawn would definitely have buyers. I started collecting because of Spawn figures

A bit off topic but somewhat relevant, did anyone get the email from XM Studios today with regards to the pre-ordering process
"Dear All,

We have revised our Pre order process. Starting from*2nd Oct 2014, XM Studios will no longer besending out email notifications to inform members of early priority pre orders.

Prestige Members (those who have registered more than 4 items on our portal) can now pre order ANY of our announced lists of products AT ANY TIME (Deposits are still required to confirm orders). There is no need to wait for a PO date - Prestige Members can PO any of our line ups right now,*tomorrow*or next week, the choice is now yours without having to wait for any PO dates. This is our way of saying thanks to our Prestige Members and giving them the Prestige treatment!

If you are not a Prestige Member (E.g. you're just on our mailing list), the process STAYS THE SAME - once PO is opened/announced, you can log on to our website or contact your nearest distributor to PO."

Theoretically, with only two statues released, how can anyone even be a prestige member [emoji15] [emoji34] [emoji19]

I wonder if that's going to make getting a PO from a company like SimplyToys more difficult or if they'll still get a similar allotted amount that they've been getting.

Given the emphasis on ANY above I can only anticipate problems. Especially that XM don't have a restriction on number of statues purchased. I wonder why was this decision taken. Makes no sense unless they are cashing in on the rise in demand and don't care beyond the first party sale. In theory any one who has purchased four or more statues according to them can now preorder ahead of the schedule that we are stuck with. The only possible positive scenario is of Simply Toys and other retailers that have direct access pass on that privilege to us....

Given the emphasis on ANY above I can only anticipate problems. Especially that XM don't have a restriction on number of statues purchased. I wonder why was this decision taken. Makes no sense unless they are cashing in on the rise in demand and don't care beyond the first party sale. In theory any one who has purchased four or more statues according to them can now preorder ahead of the schedule that we are stuck with. The only possible positive scenario is of Simply Toys and other retailers that have direct access pass on that privilege to us....

The process works like this, you buy your statue (from anyone) and with your XM statue there comes a registration code. You open an XM account, register your product and now it appears that you have purchased that statue, it doesn't matter from whom you bought it , the registration of the product is what matters. If you register 4 statues on your account then you get to be a Prestige Member.

I understand that my friend, my question is, since XM Studios have only released TWO statues ( Cap and Hulk) how is this even theoretically possible?

I understand that my friend, my question is, since XM Studios have only released TWO statues ( Cap and Hulk) how is this even theoretically possible?

You can register more than one statue, I know there really is people that have registered more than one Cap and maybe even more than one hulk. I know it sounds like a stretch atm but there may be a few guys that already met XM conditions. With BW release this list will broaden.

Kee Wan ^^ :wave

I have registered more than 1 Cap. And then there's Hulk. So yeah, it's not impossible to have registered 4 or more XM statues. But please do bear in mind that this rule doesn't apply outside of the stipulated regions.

Guys let's be realistic, it is very unlikely that an individual collector will have more than two at this point in time. There may be exceptions but they are a minority. I feel this rule sadly is going to benefit flippers and opportunists to simply be able to purchase or order whatever they want whenever they want to flip and ask us unlucky "aliens" for more money. It is bad enough that we have to pay $200 + on average to get the statues to us. Now it looks like we have to pay a premium. Imagine this happens at any other company , what would be your reaction?

Yes, that is a definite possibility V8, depending on your source. But first, you must understand the rules of the game. And most importantly, be extremely clear about it.

It isn't XM's fault that their license is restricted and they are unable to function or retail as per companies with global licenses. That in itself alters the game. Completely.

And as I've mentioned previously, you can't save all the alley cats. From the standpoint of a business, you cater to your specific audience; and in this case, it's the regions they are eligible to sell to. You focus on producing a good, quality product and along the way, if permissible, cater to fan input. But the bottomline of a business is to stay afloat and see a sustainable profit - the end must justify the means - and not run a charity. Logical and fair.

At the end of the day, hands are being tied. There are limitations. And that is the crux of the matter. You need to sell; to see the returns to continue forth. And that simply means selling to whomever coughs out the cash. Simple and fundamental concept of capitalism.

Oh I totally agree TCSC. At the end of the day they are a business and would need to do what is absolutely necessary to move product. It's just that I wish it were otherwise you know. Oh well another reality lesson. Cheers :)

I agree that XM needs to do what they need to do to make sure they sell their product. However, each statue (except for Hulk) is selling out. It's already expensive enough for someone in the States to get an XM statue--if I have to go through the secondary market because the statues are getting picked up before I can get one from somewhere like Simply Toys, then I'm out. The statues are awesome but the price to me is already pushing it. Hopefully, this new program won't make it more difficult to keep collecting them.

I agree that XM needs to do what they need to do to make sure they sell their product. However, each statue (except for Hulk) is selling out. It's already expensive enough for someone in the States to get an XM statue--if I have to go through the secondary market because the statues are getting picked up before I can get one from somewhere like Simply Toys, then I'm out. The statues are awesome but the price to me is already pushing it. Hopefully, this new program won't make it more difficult to keep collecting them.

I believe most people here are getting their XM releases at entry-level and not the secondary market. So I believe you really have nothing to worry about :)

As long as I can order from somewhere like Simply Toys and still have a decent chance of getting a statue then I'm good. I don't mind paying the shipping cost because that's what I have to do to get the statue here (though the cost does have me passing on statues that aren't must-haves for me). I just know I'm not going to pay $1200-1600 for any of these statues. Like I said, they're awesome but not worth that cost IMO.

Back