XM Studios DR OCTOPUS...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think a lot could change. There just wips from a new artist and XM are listening to our suggestions.

Personally I would like to see his 2 tentacles on the floor lifting him up

50a3e2627cf7a6a3f71a890ecf8d5c54.jpg

And the hair is so flat and greasy looking, he could use a showerhead with more pressure. Get some lift on that mop.

Finally, a Doc Ock!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks pretty good. but not a fan of the gun. Would have liked XM to make the tentacles themselves to be the prime threat/weapon depicted in a subtle action pose. Other than that, think it's pretty cool, belly & all.

Just realized that both Sideshow & XM will now be directly competing in producing a Spidey line at the same time. SS has been notoriously slow in follow up characters/releases for any line in the past. Hope SS does not make the same mistakes with this line, as XM will more than likely churn these babies out pronto.

This could be a true turning point for SS, if they rise to meet the XM challenge, creatively speaking. Really hoping they do so.

Hmmm interesting. It's not really blowing me away though.

I agree with a lot of the comments so far: His gut is a bit too fat, his muscles are way too pronounced, I don't like how he's holding a gun, his tentacles aren't positioned great (if he's standing on the ground then why does he need the other 2 tentacles also on the ground. Seems like a waste)....even the comment about how his back pockets are weird :lol

This piece is a pretty decent start, but I'm not feeling it as of right now.

I would say bring (if facing the statue) the left bottom tentacle forward on the ground so it's in the foreground on top of the rubble.. That would make that spot more interesting as well as creating forward movement. Ease back a bit on the gut... and I don't think Doc Ock needs a machine gun... Watch the symmetry on the top tentacles so they don't seem like they are in the same pose.... I do like the undulations happening along the tentacles themselves.. very nice touch you have there!

Last edited:
Venom and Goblin are my 2 most wanted Marvel villains

I have the Venom COM and LOVE IT. So, I'm very interested in seeing what an XM Green Goblin will look like. I never liked the SSC Goblin PF so this is a character I desperately need in 1/4 scale. Since SSC is starting another Spidey line, I wonder which company will releases the next 1/4 Goblin first.

You can bank on XM fine tuning the statue until it's hard to pass on. They are very quick to adapt to feedback.

Maybe have a claw crushing the gun he took from somebody, or have the claw grab/crush something to convey power.

It does appear to be a mix of Classic & New.
If he is Classic he should have a big belly as Ock was a portly character.
New Ock he tends to be Buff.
But this Statue he's a Buff Fat Guy?
That just doesn't make sense? It's like a Tall Short Guy?
Is that a caulk gun he's holding? Are those designer jeans tucked into his ski boots?
This statue is just all over the place??

Would love a more classic look to the costume, and a nod to Superior Spider-man, like perhaps the golden octobot on the side.

He looks like a 6 month pregnant, muscular arms and big fat belly? Ok I need to hit the gym and forget about crunches then.

Interesting but I do not see how the big gut and defined muscles belong together. Even some of his chest muscles are defined LOL.

Back