XM Studios Deadpool

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait to see the final pose and sculpt since this has been on my radar for awhile. Hopefully they'll be able to nail both the humorous and murderous side of the character. I think switch outs portraits and accessories are going to be REALLY important. Just my opinion of course :)

I have the SS PF so I obviously like it. But perfect?

It's terribly undersized. I've compared it to several PFs who are approximately correct. Psylocke PF made me realize this, but the sure one is the newer Punisher PF. The DP PF is visually shorter in height than the Punisher PF...problem, because official heights are Punisher is 6'1" and Deadpool is 6'2". The PFs should at least be close in height, which makes it clear that DP is definitely too short since Punisher matches up to other correctly scaled PFs.

The PF pose, while strong and confident, is a museum pose for an action packed, highly dynamic character. He looks cool and tough, but XM doesn't have to strive to beat the PF's pose, they just need to do something different. If XM does a more dynamic pose that alone will set it apart from the PF.

SS absolutely nailed the sculpt/details on the PF. XM needs to match it on details. Even still, SS's has a certain swagger and attitude to it, right down to the facial expression and tilt of the less cartoony head. That's where XM's challenge lies, bringing a certain "life" to it that despite a concept more on the boring side, SS definitely delivered in the PF.

While the size doesn't bother me, and definitely isn't something that really should be taken into too much regard from piece to piece (due to the different artists being involved in the creation of each and individual piece) I do agree with most of what you said, peedi.

:)

While the size doesn't bother me, and definitely isn't something that really should be taken into too much regard from piece to piece (due to the different artists being involved in the creation of each and individual piece) I do agree with most of what you said, peedi.

:)

On one side a good statue is a good statue, but since PFs are supposed to be 1/4, and I understand it's approximations, I expect them to at least be close. The fact that the DP PF is shorter than characters he should be taller than and doesn't clearly stand above characters who should be shorter than him is something I can't help to take into regard since although made by teams these are made by professionals who should strive for consistency. I tend to group characters for displays so for me it just stands out a lot. I understand this isn't true for most, though.

XM posted a slightly revised digital sculpt already.

looking forward to seeing the final product even though i have no interest in buying...my SS PF ex is perfect (imho)...i have zero need for anything else

Well we'd have to be talkin' about one charming mother****in' Deadpool statue. I mean he'd have to be ten times more charmin' than that Deadpool SS did, you know what I'm sayin'?

But seriously, it's going to be tough to make a better representation then Sideshow's BEST PF of 2013!

I agree with peedi. The DP PF suffers from the same problem as the Green Lantern PF (and some other SSC pieces). They are a tad shorter than 1/4 scale. Scale with SSC has always varied. However, there isn't a company I collect from that doesn't have some scale issues with their merch from time to time. Bottom line, I make it work in my collection if a piece looks really good. I have my DP PF right next to my Punisher COM and they pair up perfectly. I'll end up pairing GL with someone else in the JLA lineup that is similar in scale to him (hope it's Flash or GA).

I'm very happy with my DP PF. I don't see myself selling it for an XM DP. However, peeps shouldn't be premature and base their conclusions on the XM DP from the digital images being shown. I have no doubt that the XM DP will look great. Sosa is involved in the project and most of us already know, he sculpts a killer DP. Also, this will come with a ton of switch out parts and weapons. I'm very much interested in seeing XM's version of the Merc with a mouth. I have no doubt it'll look fantastic.

On one side a good statue is a good statue, but since PFs are supposed to be 1/4, and I understand it's approximations, I expect them to at least be close. The fact that the DP PF is shorter than characters he should be taller than and doesn't clearly stand above characters who should be shorter than him is something I can't help to take into regard since although made by teams these are made by professionals who should strive for consistency. I tend to group characters for displays so for me it just stands out a lot. I understand this isn't true for most, though.

XM posted a slightly revised digital sculpt already.

Agree 100% mate

What I noticed for some of the comments are indirect SSC vs XM again.. I guess people with SSC DP are trying to justify (or convince themselves) that they got a good DP already and do not need the XM while those who do not have SSC DP are trying to justify ( or convince themselves) to wait for XM DP and not get SSC DP :)

on the good side, collectors win at the end of the day as SSC has already released a very good representation of DP and XM as they are now, will produce a very good interpretation. The only problem now is which one to get or justify to get both.

The Sculpt on the SS Deadpool is really good... only negative I can say is I'm not a big fan of the base. It will be interesting to see what pose and base XM comes up with. If they do a base that compliments Cable then that will be tempting as I plan on getting Cable

I'm not sure how popular DP is but I bet XM doesn't make more then 500-600 of them... So it will be more rare then the 2750 SS sold or 4250 if you also count the variant. If things like that matter to you (( shrug )) ....

What I noticed for some of the comments are indirect SSC vs XM again.. I guess people with SSC DP are trying to justify (or convince themselves) that they got a good DP already and do not need the XM while those who do not have SSC DP are trying to justify ( or convince themselves) to wait for XM DP and not get SSC DP :)

on the good side, collectors win at the end of the day as SSC has already released a very good representation of DP and XM as they are now, will produce a very good interpretation. The only problem now is which one to get or justify to get both.

It isn't a vs statement persay, but think about it this way. If you are a North American collector and you either have the original SSC DP or like the XForce DP well enough, well, you just saved yourself at least $400 after shipping and import fees. SSCs DeadPool is one of their biggest hits of late. XM does best when they do a character that hasn't been done before, or that SSCs version was not well recieved. That is all this is.

It isn't a vs statement persay, but think about it this way. If you are a North American collector and you either have the original SSC DP or like the XForce DP well enough, well, you just saved yourself at least $400 after shipping and import fees. SSCs DeadPool is one of their biggest hits of late. XM does best when they do a character that hasn't been done before, or that SSCs version was not well recieved. That is all this is.

Agreed 100%

:lecture As someone who has both of the SS Deadpool PFs I would like to see what XM does with him before I decide if I want to get one or not. As a Deadpool fan I'll more than likely end up getting one regardless. I'm just curious to see what kind of pose XM chooses for him.

:lecture As someone who has both of the SS Deadpool PFs I would like to see what XM does with him before I decide if I want to get one or not. As a Deadpool fan I'll more than likely end up getting one regardless. I'm just curious to see what kind of pose XM chooses for him.

Has to be a Dio base and I'm hoping XM will go for a dynamic pose. That way it will be the opposite to what SS did

Plus that's what I want :lol

.Maybe the base will be similar and can be match with Cable, etc../

.Maybe the base will be similar and can be match with Cable, etc../

Yeah I'm hoping for that to. XM do seem to like matching up bases with there other statues so hopefully it will happen.

If us collectors are vocal enough, I'm sure XM will take it into account

It helps them to sell the statues as well.... Kind of luring buyers to get the entire set instead of 1 piece, as they will look better together. Xmen with Sentinel base, Deadpool, etc etc. =)

Back