XM Studios DC Comics 1/4 License for Asia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally need these guys, too. Would just replace Deadshot with Talia, tho.

Talia definitely needs to be made. She plays a pretty large role in the Batman's history. Not to mention, she's the daughter of Ra's al Ghul and hot as hell.

XM Studios News

"Hope everyone is as excited about the DC 1/4 scale license as we all are at XM Studios! Moving forward, we have a few key updates on the DC line following the 1/4 DC announcement.

1. The Dark Nights Metal series will be designed and produced in 1/4. You may have already seen some of the Dark Nights Metal teasers (Red Death and Merciless) that we have shared on Facebook. 2. Doomsday will also be produced in 1/4 instead of 1/6. The team has selected the above few products and have them produced in 1/4 scale as the team will be able to pack in more details and better convey the design intention of the original artists. We can’t wait for you to see the final result!

The current 1/6 line will still go on so not to worry for our 1/6 line collectors! We are still working on more statues in this scale so keep a lookout for them on our social media! We are also getting lots of questions asking if we can reveal what or who is going to be the first 1/4 DC that we will be releasing. So to get you guys hyped up, we will be releasing it REALLY SOON! Stay tuned!"

XM Studios Premium Collectibles Facebook

GHeroes European Master Distributor Facebook

Gotta be honest...none of this news excites me. I'm looking for classic versions of DC characters in 1/4 scale. A classic Martian Manhunter, Two Face, or Deadshot would totally get my attention. That all said, for the love of God, would someone PLEASE release a classic Perez Deathstroke already. What's it going to take to correct the MASSIVE F-up sideshow heaped on Deathstroke fans everywhere? A comic accurate 1/4 classic Perez Deathstroke is THE statue that would truly separate my money from my wallet.

So to start it's just Dark Knights Metal? Zero interest in that. How can that come before classic versions?

Yea, zero interest in Dark Night Metal series. Classic DC characters is a better play.

Yea, zero interest in Dark Night Metal series. Classic DC characters is a better play.

They have to know that. It makes me wonder if we'll even see any classic 1/4 DC pieces. Maybe Sideshow put a stop to that. I hope not. It's bad enough they completely control the 1/4 game in North America.

That would be messed up if SSC had that kind of power over the other DC license holders. Really messed up.

IMO, this is the top 1/4 statues that I am surprised have not been made yet for DC -

Riddler
Penguin
Two Face
Nightwing
Raven
Cyborg
Martian Manhunter
Shazam
Star Sapphire
Either Gorilla Grodd or the Reverse Flash

My rationale - some iconic Batman villains, **** Grayson (enough said), two members of the Justice League (depending on the 7 you grew up with), a couple ladies, a legacy character with another movie coming out, and a Flash villain.

IMO, this is the top 1/4 statues that I am surprised have not been made yet for DC -

Riddler
Penguin
Two Face
Nightwing
Raven
Cyborg
Martian Manhunter
Shazam
Star Sapphire
Either Gorilla Grodd or the Reverse Flash

My rationale - some iconic Batman villains, **** Grayson (enough said), two members of the Justice League (depending on the 7 you grew up with), a couple ladies, a legacy character with another movie coming out, and a Flash villain.

Agree with all of this. The first four in particular are absolute no-brainers. They come top in pretty much every facebook poll on the statue groups for most desired characters....but XM think's we all want Dark Knights Metal :slap

I don’t even know what Dark Knights Metal is. I’m really surprised XM is choosing to kick off the line based on a comic run vs what they did with the 1:6 line. This means any classic iterations of DC characters are probably at least a year off, which means two years or so to get in hand. That’s a long, long time. And let’s say that XM’s Doomsday will be the iconic version. First, it’s not like folks are clamoring for Doomsday; second, SS’s version wasn’t bad (doesn’t Prime 1 also have one); and third, the character would be huge and expensive, not to mention the exorbitant shipping for buyers outside of Asia. Talk about stumbling out of the gate. It’s like someone just threw a bucket of cold water on this announcement.

While I doubt this has anything to do with SS limiting what characters and versions XM can produce, I’m sure this comes as music to their ears. If I were them I’d take this opportunity to pull out the stops and get my team working on a cohesive lineup of 8-10 absolutely kick ass “XM Killer” DC statues that could be shown during their 12 days of Sideshow event in December. The line-up could be something like like Darkseid on Throne, Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Aquaman, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Cyborg, Mera and Nightwing. Fully sculpted with environment themed bases, secondary portraits (not just for the EXs) and cool, “must have” exclusives. Some of these could even be digital sculpts to whet the appetite as long as they have 2-3 prototypes done and ready to solicit during the event. I know folks might say “Why another Trinity?” The simple answer is Superman and Batman will sell, and Wonder Woman will be fresh off a new movie. Design wise, I think SS should take cues from XM’s 1/6 line. They could suck all the oxygen out of the room while XM is still tied up with Dark Metal. Even if XM were to start showing slightly better versions of the classic DC characters in May-June 2021, by that time SS would have already booked tons of POs on their first 3-5 DC statues. Most people won’t turn around and buy another $1,200 (+ Shipping) Darkseid on Throne when they just POed Sideshow’s $1,200 version six months earlier. Same with Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. Just like in chess, SS would take those pieces off the board. XM is then left scrambling for other characters, some of whom will have already been teased as digital sculpts. By that time SS could keep up the pressure by showing 6 more digital sculpts like as Deathstroke, Penguin, Supergirl, Hawkman, Flash/Reverse Flash and Star Sapphire. But knowing SS, they’ll continue spinning and XM will eventually catch up.

....but XM think's we all want Dark Knights Metal :slap

It?s more like they have not released an Dark Knights Metal statue, but they already finished the prototype in 1/6 scale. It?s a very logical thing to bring this line now in 1/4. Means it could be released fast.

It?s more like they have not released an Dark Knights Metal statue, but they already finished the prototype in 1/6 scale. It?s a very logical thing to bring this line now in 1/4. Means it could be released fast.

That's unfortunate. I was looking forward to classic DC characters.

Whatever way its presented I can't get my head around evil versions of Bruce that were dreamt up barely a year ago getting 1/4 scale statues before classic villains with almost 80 years of history.

Grumpy, it's easy to settle any concerns that classic collectors may have. XM just needs to confirm that they have plans to release classic characters. If they can't, they can simply tell us that. There's no reason to beat around the bush. Eventually, we'll know either way. It's just more frustrating having to wait to find out.

Grumpy, it's easy to settle any concerns that classic collectors may have. XM just needs to confirm that they have plans to release classic characters. If they can't, they can simply tell us that. There's no reason to beat around the bush. Eventually, we'll know either way. It's just more frustrating having to wait to find out.

Just saying why they started with Dark Knights Metal. For myself i would like to see a classic Batman or Superman first, but no idea.

Just saying why they started with Dark Knights Metal. For myself i would like to see a classic Batman or Superman first, but no idea.

I have no problem with them starting with DK Metal statues. They are comic based pieces. However, many of us can't get excited by this new license announcement unless we know that classic versions on DC characters are coming. Here's hoping that they give us some info on that topic soon.

Back