XM Studios Dark Phoenix 1/4 Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am torn between this and XM Ghost Rider. Going to pull the trigger for one of them.

Does anyone have both or can compare which is better? Any recommendations?

I am leaning a bit more towards GR cause i heard this one has some QC issues?

I own both. GR would be my pick if you like the characters equally. Any qc issues were isolated. Most have been spot on, mine included.

I own both. GR would be my pick if you like the characters equally. Any qc issues were isolated. Most have been spot on, mine included.

Hmm so you?re saying there are qc issues with Jean? or did they resolve the issue with a later batch?

You recommend GR based on quality?

I'm a HUGE X-MEN fan and I love the Dark Phoenix character. However, I would personally pick up GR. Not because I like the character more (I don't), but because I think that GR just looks so much better IMO.

Hmm so you?re saying there are qc issues with Jean? or did they resolve the issue with a later batch?

You recommend GR based on quality?

Also is GR bigger compared to Phoenix? I know its heavier..much heavier :))

a few had less than perfect paint on the portraits from what I recall. I think it was isolated. If buying one, just ask for pics to confirm there is no issue in that regard.

"quality" wise they are equal in my view.

GR has a "wow" factor that is tough to beat. He is bigger. I think most would pick him...of course he also costs significantly more.

I'm a HUGE X-MEN fan and I love the Dark Phoenix character. However, I would personally pick up GR. Not because I like the character more (I don't), but because I think that GR just looks so much better IMO.

Yeah thats where my indecision comes in, GR is the slightly better statue, but spending that much $ just because the statue is better regardless of character...i dont know.

Yeah thats where my indecision comes in, GR is the slightly better statue, but spending that much $ just because the statue is better regardless of character...i dont know.

Well, I'm assuming you like both characters somewhat equally. If you are a much bigger Dark Phoenix fan and are only considering GR because he looks awesome, then I strongly suggest you buy Dark Phoenix. Buying statues based purely on how they look is a mistake IMO. If you don't have a strong tie to the character, that's usually the first piece you'll end up selling if you need money or space. Also, it's more likely you'll get bored of a piece if you have little intrest in the character. I like GR but he's far down the list of characters that are my most favorite. I'm mainly an X-MEN and Avengers fan. So, I save whatever money and room I have to focus on those characters. Ultimately, that's why I passed on the XM Ghost Rider but still POd the XM transformation HULK. Even through the XM transformation HULK is a very expensive statue, I'm floored by the sculpt and love the character so it is a MUST HAVE for me personally. That's my 2 cents on the topic. Hope it helps and good luck with whatever statue you buy. Both look great.

Well, I'm assuming you like both characters somewhat equally. If you are a much bigger Dark Phoenix fan and are only considering GR because he looks awesome, then I strongly suggest you buy Dark Phoenix. Buying statues based purely on how they look is a mistake IMO. If you don't have a strong tie to the character, that's usually the first piece you'll end up selling if you need money or space. Also, it's more likely you'll get bored of a piece if you have little intrest in the character. I like GR but he's far down the list of characters that are my most favorite. I'm mainly an X-MEN and Avengers fan. So, I save whatever money and room I have to focus on those characters. Ultimately, that's why I passed on the XM Ghost Rider but still POd the XM transformation HULK. Even through the XM transformation HULK is a very expensive statue, I'm floored by the sculpt and love the character so it is a MUST HAVE for me personally. That's my 2 cents on the topic. Hope it helps and good luck with whatever statue you buy. Both look great.

Sounds reasonable, but i?m not a huge fan of both GR or Dark Phoenix. I would have to go with Hulkbuster if i was to get what i really wanted and that is over my budget so..

I?ll go with either one of these two(which i love both of their appereances)

XM Studios News

Pictures on long released XM Studios Dark Phoenix 1:4 statue by Art Statue Collector. She looks still beautifull.

"After Jean and the X-Men defeated scientist Stephen Lang and his robotic Sentinels on his space station, the heroes escaped back to Earth in a shuttle through a lethal solar radiation storm. Dying from radiation poisoning, Jean was saved by the cosmic entity known as the Phoenix Force who created a duplicate body complete with memories and personality, absorbed a portion of her consciousness and cast her into suspended animation in a strange cocoon at the bottom of Jamaica Bay. For months the Phoenix believed itself to be the real Jean and saved the universe by healing the M’Kraan Crystal. Mental manipulation by Mastermind caused Phoenix to go insane and become Dark Phoenix."

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook

1jzdmi.jpg

20viyo.jpg

3ihics.jpg

Back