[XM Studios] Cyclops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also would've been nice if XM made the paint on the visor shiny ...or at least a little bit of shine to it. Just to give the visor a more metal feel.

Looking at this visor I agree with the metallic finish, more shine to it. It would give it more separation. What they should have done is a more rounded visor on the alternate head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In regards to the metallic visor I'm sure they tried different versions of it but I don't know how they would have pulled it off without doing some fake shading. The yellow needs to match the other yellow sections of his outfit IMO

Really looking forward to the finished piece

My personal preferences for cyclops is a pale titanium gold for his visor and the x logo on his chest then the classic yellow everywhere else. Nice subtle differences that way.

Looking at this visor I agree with the metallic finish, more shine to it. It would give it more separation. What they should have done is a more rounded visor on the alternate head.

:exactly:

Stumbled across this on Facebook

cf52f9091adfab8c161f2a9727eb232d.jpg

I can’t wait to see this painted and on display at the upcoming show!

This looks fantastic! Really shaping up. Can’t wait for the full reveal

Stumbled across this on Facebook

cf52f9091adfab8c161f2a9727eb232d.jpg

I can’t wait to see this painted and on display at the upcoming show!

Nice Campbells product placement :rotfl also how do sideshow get blasted for always doing one leg up poses but xm gets away with it? I guess when it looks this good you can't complain :dunno

Nice Campbells product placement :rotfl also how do sideshow get blasted for always doing one leg up poses but xm gets away with it? I guess when it looks this good you can't complain :dunno

That’s actually not true lol. His leg is still on the ground lol

If this was sideshow...everyone would be screaming about how it looks like he is wearing shorts with kneepads and no expression on his face. Also how Cyclops 54.5% of the time uses his left hand to his left temple...making this piece so ridiculous they should just trash it.

I like t though!

If this was sideshow...everyone would be screaming about how it looks like he is wearing shorts with kneepads and no expression on his face. Also how Cyclops 54.5% of the time uses his left hand to his left temple...making this piece so ridiculous they should just trash it.

I like t though!

So true. Sideshow gets so much criticism from the fanatics. If they do something unusual, their designers should be fired, and if they do something iconic, they're not taking risks and someone should be fired. Can't win. I love both companies, but Sideshow is something I can actually get a little bit into without making changes to my quality of life! :lol

That being said, this statue is beautiful, and everything I could ever ask for in a Cyclops statue. Too bad I won't be able to afford it.

I like t though!

LMMFAOOOOO!! so true :rotfl

You guys crack me up. Do you really think Sideshow care what people’s opinions are on these forums. They have a huge following. The amount of collectors following other groups such as XM and Prime 1 are far smaller. If something sucks it should be addressed. If something is not to everyone’s liking don’t worry about others opinions and get what feels right for you. Sideshow usually get bashed for QC issues.

On a side note. Not everyone is praising this piece other pieces like Shogun Batman Omega Red and even the new Mystique get atom bombed. I find their Gambit Very awkward looking and boring.

looks like XM will do 2 versions of cyclops, A & B, much like Professor X. Version A will simply be with 1 torso shown in the shooting pose. Version B will have a second alternate torso with cyclops' head pointing up and shooting the eye blasters towards the sky.

looks like XM will do 2 versions of cyclops, A & B, much like Professor X. Version A will simply be with 1 torso shown in the shooting pose. Version B will have a second alternate torso with cyclops' head pointing up and shooting the eye blasters towards the sky.

Similar to Iron Fist. 2 Torso’s. I just wish they change up the visor a little or do what they did with scorpion hopefully modern take and classic

Back