XM Studios Comic Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All digital sculpts look like this before they configure the pose. This is just an early glimpse guys. The artist works 9n getting the anatomy right first. Then the pose is created :wink1:

Exactly....IMHO at this point it makes no sense at this point for any of us to play Monday Morning Quarterback and try to judge proportions.

Let's wait until we see the actual prototype...then we can all spend several months nitpicking every detail despite the fact that 99% of us have no actual sculpting abilities / experience ourselves. :lol :wink1:

Tavegg just said in this early stages its about getting the proportions right. We just commented about that. Its appropriate timing as right now its about proportions. We didn't say we were pissed and not buying the piece. And we don't need to be expert sculptors to see when something is unproportional. That's all that was ...our input/comments on proportions.

Tavegg just said in this early stages its about getting the proportions right. We just commented about that. Its appropriate timing as right now its about proportions. We didn't say we were pissed and not buying the piece. And we don't need to be expert sculptors to see when something is unproportional. That's all that was ...our input/comments on proportions.

I wasn't insinuating anything man. Don't be so defensive. I was only explaining that this is not the final pose nor is this digital sculpt done yet. Please suggest away. That's the beauty of these XM threads. Your feedback is welcomed and wanted

I wasn't insinuating anything man. Don't be so defensive. I was only explaining that this is not the final pose nor is this digital sculpt done yet. Please suggest away. That's the beauty of these XM threads. Your feedback is welcomed and wanted

Exactly, bro.

Not defensive at all. That post was not even towards you. It just so happens that your post was quoted in the post I was responding to. In fact your post backs up what I wanted to say.

I'm not using exclamation points or capitalized words at all ...I'm calm as can be.

Not defensive at all. That post was not even towards you. It just so happens that your post was quoted in the post I was responding to. In fact your post backs up what I wanted to say.

I'm not using exclamation points or capitalized words at all ...I'm calm as can be.

Cool buddy. I must have misinterpreted what you meant... I just thought you were sore or thought I was trying to correct people or something. I'm not a sculptor nor an artist but I have a good understanding as to how these projects all come together. I've commissioned a couple of my own and from initial concept to finished project there are various changes that take place. I was only meaning to explain that we have much more to see before this is actually in its final digital form. Hope that makes sense man. I think that's what traylorc meant too.

No worries, Tav. It's all good.

Yup, I hear ya. There's more changes to come on this piece. That's why my initial comment was not a big deal.

No worries, Tav. It's all good.

Yup, I hear ya. There's more changes to come on this piece. That's why my initial comment was not a big deal.

Cool man :hi5:

I just saw that Ang posted this on their FB page so check this out yall. This is one of their ideas for the pose on Thor. I think it looks pretty sick

3046201-3588404698-comic (1).jpg

Now this is a Thor I'm interested in. Just when I thought I was out, looks like I'm gonna get pulled back in.

I know a Lady Sif is probably unlikely, but would be the perfect companion piece.

:lol:lol:lol

I've been here before. :wink1:

Well, you should take into account that I'm producing dozens of different sculptures across different lines all the times. So naturally, you can't expect my production pieces to match my prototypes. However, I will keep raising my retail prices while using less potatoes to make them. :lol

:rotfl

Cool man :hi5:

I just saw that Ang posted this on their FB page so check this out yall. This is one of their ideas for the pose on Thor. I think it looks pretty sick

View attachment 136893

Agree I. The pose is awesome. But if they ever go with this pose, i'm kinda worried about the cape snapping during shipping time. Not to mention the other noticeable things that's also very likely to chip off as well like the feathers on his helmet and the flowing hair. But nevertheless, like you said..very very sick pose. XM never ceases to surprise us.

Reminds me a lot of the classic museum Thor by Bowen. That's a good thing in my book. That BD Thor rocks!

Agree I. The pose is awesome. But if they ever go with this pose, i'm kinda worried about the cape snapping during shipping time. Not to mention the other noticeable things that's also very likely to chip off as well like the feathers on his helmet and the flowing hair. But nevertheless, like you said..very very sick pose. XM never ceases to surprise us.

It does resemble the Bowen Classic museum a bit...I can see that too. I'm thinking the feathers would be made in the same rubber material caps wings were made in so no worries there but the cape.... Long flowing cape like that would definitely be a worry in shipping as well as the hair. No doubt those would be some accidents waiting to happen if not packaged correctly.

I liked this pose alot because of the various options there could be for his hand and Mjolnir. You've got the pose showed in the art but the way his body is positioned you could very well do the hammer above his head and maybe even do the spinning effect that Bowen portrayed with his action Thor. I hope they keep the bearded portrait as a swap out. This Thor is shaping up to be my most anticipated yet. That mug by Sosa and Art Germ is just brilliant

It does resemble the Bowen Classic museum a bit...I can see that too. I'm thinking the feathers would be made in the same rubber material caps wings were made in so no worries there but the cape.... Long flowing cape like that would definitely be a worry in shipping as well as the hair. No doubt those would be some accidents waiting to happen if not packaged correctly.

I liked this pose alot because of the various options there could be for his hand and Mjolnir. You've got the pose showed in the art but the way his body is positioned you could very well do the hammer above his head and maybe even do the spinning effect that Bowen portrayed with his action Thor. I hope they keep the bearded portrait as a swap out. This Thor is shaping up to be my most anticipated yet. That mug by Sosa and Art Germ is just brilliant

I wouldn't worry about XM shipping this. You know what there like, no detail missed :)

Back