XM Studios Comic Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Swing and a miss by those pics. They need major tweaking on this sculpt. Nowhere near as nice as the Modern Thor PF.

Those knee thingos have gotta go...

Then you clearly have never seen the Walt Simonson Thor run. His kneepads were drawn MUCH, MUCH, MUCH BIGGER than what is sculpted. The knee pads are fine.

The hammer is fine depending on whose artwork you are basing it off of. If you are going by the Simonson Thor (the best in my opinion), then yes, the hammer is a little too big....needs to be decreased in size about 15%-20% more. If you are going off of Deodato Jr. artwork, the hammer is almost at the right size. Thor's hammer is actually a very big weapon....around 2 feet in total length.

I will reserve judgement until I see a close to finish proto. Looks great for the most part, but I would like to see the head of the hammer shrunken down just a bit....10% at least. Also, although I like the helmeted head, the wings on the helmet need to form the shape of a 'W' from one wingtip to the other. I would also like a little LESS forward head tilt. The finger pointing is fine. Also, please make sure his ankles are not toothpicks, and make sure his hands are bigger, especially his wrists.

What I love most about this is definitely the switch out head and the hammer pointing arm. That is phenomenal in my opinion and nothing really needs to be changed on that one.

While far from complete, I really like what I am seeing.

BTW, I have noticed that with the exception of the Bowen Thor on the rock (still the best pose of all time I have seen for Thor), even SS tends to make Thor with small hands and especially wrists. This guy is a powerhouse. He needs to have BIG HANDS AND WRISTS AND THICKER ANKLES!!!! SS PF was REALLY BAD with how thin his wrists and how small his hands were.

You guys have made many good points for improvement. Let's see how XM respond to it.

They REALLY need to fix that right shoulder. The deltoid isn't connected to the chest and deltoids, if normal, are supposed to be connected to chests.

The arm needs to move up so that the line separating the bicep and deltoid runs flush with the chest. This will also give him an armpit. Otherwise this will be the "Severely Dislocated Shoulder Thor" Statue.

Aside from that it looks decent. I'm getting the SS modern, I like its action but I think the face might be better on the XM. Not sure why SS likes their older looking Thor, it's not how Marvel traditionally depicts him.

10472739_1396800013874027_4184110657747270551_n.jpg

10557289_1396800027207359_5214661802134670781_n.jpg

10478224_1396800040540691_5599881527199758589_n.jpg

10409678_1396800057207356_837860631435065452_n.jpg

They REALLY need to fix that right shoulder. The deltoid isn't connected to the chest and deltoids, if normal, are supposed to be connected to chests.

The arm needs to move up so that the line separating the bicep and deltoid runs flush with the chest. This will also give him an armpit. Otherwise this will be the "Severely Dislocated Shoulder Thor" Statue.

Aside from that it looks decent. I'm getting the SS modern, I like its action but I think the face might be better on the XM. Not sure why SS likes their older looking Thor, it's not how Marvel traditionally depicts him.

Wow I didn't notice that... Arm is coming out of his rib cage...lol

Now that the shoulder has been pointed out it's all I see haha. I agree about SS older looking Thor, it's always kind of bothered me

Back