XM Studios Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was really hoping someone that had both would chime in. I have have them both as well and it's not even a fair comparison. Different leagues altogether. It's not that SS doesn't have the same abilities at times. Apoc was Defintely not their best work in the paint department.

A statue that had stellar paint apps that SS did relatively recently was Deadpool PF. That was a Gentle Giantesque / XM quality paint job. So if they can do so great a paint job on Deadpool, why not on others? Inconsistency is the worst part of SS to me. They either have GREAT or TERRIBLE QC, AD, PRICING. SS confounds me I swear they do. :dunno

Are there any unboxing photos? Curious to see how well XM packs these guys.

I got the first batch from the studios, got a text n i was there in 30mins. Its true their QC process is very detail.

Yeah, I don't own the piece (XM Cap) but based off pics alone and the Apoc PF I have, there really is no comparing the 2 pieces paint apps wise. The XM Cap's paint apps looked pretty stellar to me.

Yeah it really is. I'll be curious to hear your opinions on Mags or something else they release that catches your eye. I've owned customs, SS, GG, PCS, you name it. The paint on mine is the nicest I have ever come across on a factory produced statue. Don't know if you have ever seen the PCS judge dredd in person but they are very comparable quality wise.

A statue that had stellar paint apps that SS did relatively recently was Deadpool PF. That was a Gentle Giantesque / XM quality paint job. So if they can do so great a paint job on Deadpool, why not on others? Inconsistency is the worst part of SS to me. They either have GREAT or TERRIBLE QC, AD, PRICING. SS confounds me I swear they do. :dunno

Absolutely. I have that statue and its one of my favorites. Huge deadpool fan as well so I was extremely pleased with the release of him and the quality we got from SS. Some characters SS absolutely nails while others not so much. I'm not a fan of the inconsistency either which is why its nice to have XM around. Two great companies and I will be able pick and choose the quality sculpts over the misses. Its nice that XM is doing Wolverine as well. I have the PF but the PJs are not to my liking. Fully sculpted will look much more impressive

I'm happy XM delivered on this piece. More quality variety is great for us consumers.

That said, in the last year, I've got Hulk Maq, Green Lantern, Deadpool, MJ, Superman, Black Widow, Batman, and Galactus. I know some of those are primarily mixed media, but I've been pleased with the paint on all of those. I guess what I'm saying is, based on the pieces I have got in hand, that I have no reason to lose all of my faith in Sideshow.

In fact, the only piece I have that the paint has been bad on is He-Man from PCS, whom I normally would expect stellar paint jobs from.

I'm happy XM delivered on this piece. More quality variety is great for us consumers.

That said, in the last year, I've got Hulk Maq, Green Lantern, Deadpool, MJ, Superman, Black Widow, Batman, and Galactus. I know some of those are primarily mixed media, but I've been pleased with the paint on all of those. I guess what I'm saying is, based on the pieces I have got in hand, that I have no reason to lose all of my faith in Sideshow.

In fact, the only piece I have that the paint has been bad on is He-Man from PCS, whom I normally would expect stellar paint jobs from.

I still think SS can pull off great work. For me it was more artistic interpretations they would take ie the poses that makes having an alternative nice.

I still think SS can pull off great work. For me it was more artistic interpretations they would take ie the poses that makes having an alternative nice.

Yeah for sure. You look at upcoming statues like WW and RS and it makes you scratch your head when shortly after, they release Jean Grey. I have her on order but that will most likely be a cancellation with what I have seen of XMs Phoenix thus far. Both portraits with white eyes? I just don't get it. SS has released some epic statues though as of recent with many more to come.. Here's to hoping GH comes looking like the beast he was meant to be as well as Cap and Red Skull. Three of the best statues I have on order. Super excited for those three

Recently got an email that I was able to secure one with the coin. So excited I am going to be able to own this piece. The pictures on the site always looked good, I was amazed when the in-hand pics looked just as good and the packaging was well thought out. Still a couple of weeks until he's in my possession, but knowing that he'll be in-hand soon is exciting enough right now!!

Yeah for sure. You look at upcoming statues like WW and RS and it makes you scratch your head when shortly after, they release Jean Grey. I have her on order but that will most likely be a cancellation with what I have seen of XMs Phoenix thus far. Both portraits with white eyes? I just don't get it. SS has released some epic statues though as of recent with many more to come.. Here's to hoping GH comes looking like the beast he was meant to be as well as Cap and Red Skull. Three of the best statues I have on order. Super excited for those three

Sorry bro...that is a absolute monstrosity of a statue (concept, uniform choice, etc.). In fact, this is BY FAR the closest travesty to the Rogue PF (head up in the clouds...I'm an airhead pose...I mean really...what the hell is she looking at?) I have ever seen from SS. The only statue that could beat the Rogue PF and this new Jean Gray is the Venomsaurus.

I mean.....SMH. I will lay into that SS Jean Gray statue forevermore! If SS EVER does some garbage like this Jean Gray again...I promise myself I will cease buying any and ALL SS statue from here on out. That Jean Gray is that bad to me.

Back