XM Studios Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'll never see SSC do this with ANY release nowadays. It's incredible to see this level of CS on QC issues. It looks like XM has pride in their merch and professionalism in their CS. Just head over to the Apocalypse PF thread to see what SSC thinks of its customers.

The only way it will ever change is if those of you who are displeased with their CS stand up and stop buying the product. Just sayin'

:peace:peace:peace

I want to add that Simply Toys was extremely professional as well. They offered a replacement and a state side location to return the damaged piece at no out of pocket expense for me. Please keep that in mind if anyone was on the fence about using them. Thanks

And here I thought SSC taking pride in their merch and having good CS would solve the problem. :dunno

They've already proven that by delaying apocalypse shipments in order to check the boxes before shipping. Based on board posts, the quality control has gotten better on that piece.

They've already proven that by delaying apocalypse shipments in order to check the boxes before shipping. Based on board posts, the quality control has gotten better on that piece.

They're not checking the Apocs for our sake dude. They are trying to limit their returns. If SS cared about what they were sending you or I Apoc would have already been checked prior to making it into everyone's home .

The only way it will ever change is if those of you who are displeased with their CS stand up and stop buying the product. Just sayin'

:peace:peace:peace

And here I thought SSC taking pride in their merch and having good CS would solve the problem. :dunno

Well this is XMs first issue and it is very public on the forums. They are going to make SURE the resolve it above and beyond. The people here will be their bread and butter. You also should keep in mind that XM has only put out 500 statues so far. SSC does that kind of business in what? A week? Let's see what XM s doing for their Custo era in 10 years if they are doing the same volume of business as SSC.

They're not checking the Apocs for our sake dude. They are trying to limit their returns. If SS cared about what they were sending you or I Apoc would have already been checked prior to making it into everyone's home .

There is supposedly some sort of that in place already right? They check statues before they go into the box?

Idk man. I'm not willing to pay extra money for them to open my box for me and look at it really quick. But that's just because I'm in a tight money situation right now.

Well maybe they spot checked him, and the ones they did didn't have an issue. We are talking about a whole different level interms of production numbers between SSC and XM. You have to keep that in mind before you kick SSC in the teeth for trying to do their best to satisfy customers.

There is supposedly some sort of that in place already right? They check statues before they go into the box?

Idk man. I'm not willing to pay extra money for them to open my box for me and look at it really quick. But that's just because I'm in a tight money situation right now.

They check them in the factories over in China, but some do get checked better than others. The damage I have seen on the Apocalypse Ex piece are rediculous, but I think that the statue as a whole is pretty amazing. I hope they get this resolved.

Well maybe they spot checked him, and the ones they did didn't have an issue. We are talking about a whole different level interms of production numbers between SSC and XM. You have to keep that in mind before you kick SSC in the teeth for trying to do their best to satisfy customers.

Yeah I agree. This company has been doing it for so long. This kinda thing happens a lot where they have an off year(s) and it takes some competition to wake them up. Hopefully they do wake up. But if not... I am personally "stuck" with them because XM has priced me out of their statues. Even at these 650$ prices people claim to be getting.

And I use "stuck" very sarcastically because for my tastes, even with the risk of QC issues... Sideshow is still putting out the best product. I remind you I said "for my tastes" and this is only an opinion.

It achieves the same result regardless if its in the best interest of the consumer or their own interests.

It achieves the same result regardless if its in the best interest of the consumer or their own interests.

And? Point being? Nobody is arguing that the check isn't a good thing. Point is SS is being reactive as opposed to proactive. If these would have truly been given a proper quality check they never would have been sent out in the first place . What's the point if having a quality assured sticker on every box if it's just a sticker?

And? Point being? Nobody is arguing that the check isn't a good thing. Point is SS is being reactive as opposed to proactive. If these would have truly been given a proper quality check they never would have been sent out in the first place . What's the point if having a quality assured sticker on every box if it's just a sticker?

I think this is a perfect point. I'm not asking the peeps at Sideshow to inspect their merch. It's too late when we reach that point. Tighter inspections at the factory would solve most of their QC issues. It's the fact that Apocalypse was able to leave the factory looking the way they did that I have a problem with. I realize the volume that SSC is pumping out. However, that doesn't excuse the factory that manufactured or painted the Apoc PF. The problem is the peeps selected to inspect the merch at the factories. If they were on top of their job, SSC wouldn't have to deal with inspecting pieces before shipping them out. When it gets to that point...the damage is already done.

I think this is a perfect point. I'm not asking the peeps at Sideshow to inspect their merch. It's too late when we reach that point. Tighter inspections at the factory would solve most of their QC issues. It's the fact that Apocalypse was able to leave the factory looking the way they did that I have a problem with. I realize the volume that SSC is pumping out. However, that doesn't excuse the factory that manufactured or painted the Apoc PF. The problem is the peeps selected to inspect the merch at the factories. If they were on top of their job, SSC wouldn't have to deal with inspecting pieces before shipping them out. When it gets to that point...the damage is already done.

Exactly

Well this is XMs first issue and it is very public on the forums. They are going to make SURE the resolve it above and beyond. The people here will be their bread and butter. You also should keep in mind that XM has only put out 500 statues so far. SSC does that kind of business in what? A week? Let's see what XM s doing for their Custo era in 10 years if they are doing the same volume of business as SSC.

I'm sorry but if they are selling more statues then you have more people that are doing a quality check on those pieces. It's not rocket science, it is just putting enough effort into the process. If that means a bit higher cost to ensure the product is up to snuff then that's what you do or risk the backlash like Rogue and Apoc brings forth to your customers.

A nice update (to XM) Capt A is SOLD OUT! :D

Nice, at least after I get mine in hand I will feel even better about this news. Still waiting patiently for my tracking code from Secret Compass. Anxious to get this up on my shelf. I was actually a bit surprised this didn't sell out a bit sooner. Awesome product with great customer service = a big win. Keep up the great work XM

I'm sorry but if they are selling more statues then you have more people that are doing a quality check on those pieces. It's not rocket science, it is just putting enough effort into the process. If that means a bit higher cost to ensure the product is up to snuff then that's what you do or risk the backlash like Rogue and Apoc brings forth to your customers.

I personally can't afford the additional cost. These prices are already extremely high. I'm ok rolling the dice and returning broken ****.

Back