XM Studios Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you ever seen picures of Sideshows Orig Cap PF next to their Orig classic Thor? Cap looks like a midget in comparison. It doesnt matter what company makes the statue buddy. Some set ups will work. Other will look more awkward. My cap is going to be hanging out with this guy. Not thinking they will look awkward. Both fully sculpted avengers hosting the American flag

View attachment 111834

I feel like people are taking this as me saying, "no one can ever buy statues from different companies! It won't work! Never do it!" I'm not saying that at all. I personally am not going to do it because as we discussed in the concept art thread, XM statues seemed more focused on catching the comic likeness (which isn't a bad thing) and the SS statues are starting to take a more realistic looking approach.

But any day, sideshow or XM could change their designs and look great together. I was pretty much just saying that the comic style of XM would look wierd when displayed with the newer premium formats from sideshow. The original fps from sideshow all look more comic inspired, so they would fit well probably. Like that ironman with the flag and cap with the flag would look awesome.

The one thing that I really like about this piece is the colors. They look like that 'pop' a lot. I mean, of course, they had to choose those colors because it's Cap., but still looks very vibrant. Maybe it's just me. :lol

My 2 cents... he's leaning too much, looks as though he's pole dancing. Also not my kind of paint style, prefer a realistic look like SS.

When's the release date again? Curious to see actual pics anyways

SS has a realistic paint style??????? Like what? You mean the professional paint ups before factory paint ups begin? I have yet to see a realistic paint up from SS. Just curious is all. I owned a lot of SS products over the years and am fuzzy about what was and wasn't a realistic paint style.

Thanks.

$720.00 with tax before shipping. Oh, ok. Still can't afford that.mhaha. But it's not a bad investment if you really really like this piece.

This definitely won't fit in along the newer sideshow pieces. Probably going to become an all XM or all SS lifestyle in a couple years. No mixing.haha

I'm willing to bet that will NOT be the case. In fact, not only do I think they will fit in with the SS statues, they will fit BETTER than some of SS's own Marvel PFs. When I get my Captain, I will be sure to display it next to the SS PF Skaar statue I still own. You will all be able to compare then.

I'm willing to bet that will NOT be the case. In fact, not only do I think they will fit in with the SS statues, they will fit BETTER than some of SS's own Marvel PFs. When I get my Captain, I will be sure to display it next to the SS PF Skaar statue I still own. You will all be able to compare then.

Agreed. I don't see any reason why the XM offering won't gel with SS pieces.

SS has a realistic paint style??????? Like what? You mean the professional paint ups before factory paint ups begin? I have yet to see a realistic paint up from SS. Just curious is all. I owned a lot of SS products over the years and am fuzzy about what was and wasn't a realistic paint style.

Thanks.

Don't both batman and superman paint apps look realistic? And poison ivy.

:goodpost::exactly:

I have both SS capt america pf and SS 1:1 capt america bust and seen this XM in person to compare.

It's difficult to explain but you have to see in person to know what I mean. XM's is too clean and sharp, like some have said looks like comic / animated looking... doesn't have the grime /shadow/shading etc., perhaps the colors too

If anyone has both SS and XM, better to put them side by side for everyone to see here.

Thanks.

Amazing pictures courtesy of a friend of mine from Singapore. He got some great shots. I hope I break someone's will as a result of these photos :monkey3

View attachment 111686

Yikes! I'm probably alone in this but once a statue gets beyond around 14" I'm out. I don't like the really big statues. It's probably mostly due to me not having a dedicated room or shelf but they just seem way to big for me.

Everything else about the statue looks great though. Just wish it came in around 1/6.

I have both SS capt america pf and SS 1:1 capt america bust and seen this XM in person to compare.

It's difficult to explain but you have to see in person to know what I mean. XM's is too clean and sharp, like some have said looks like comic / animated looking... doesn't have the grime /shadow/shading etc., perhaps the colors too

If anyone has both SS and XM, better to put them side by side for everyone to see here.

You have both Caps here:

dsc0036zpsd32d0yvetxiop.jpg

You have both Caps here:

View attachment 111902

I think this photo is a good comparison, but for an even better comparison the full flag needs to be shown..that way you get more of an idea how epic the statue looks in full.

Both the SS and XM are grails IMO. Both awesome...XM holding the flag and SS stepping on the helmet (love that).

Glad I will own both of these grails.

The XM Cap looks on par with the SS Cap grail....so that's high praise. I think I prefer the shield raised option verses the flag option.

Back