XM Studios Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's an amazing statue.

If I could afford it it would be mine, great work by XM (I don't see any Asian in that face)

This statue will be a grail...

cap 10.jpg

cap.jpg

:rock

Where's the best place to get this in the US? How much with shipping? I may go ahead and pick one up.

Spec Fiction or Secret Compass Nexus.....Spec is located in CA I think???? Secret Compass is located in Colorado. My Cap should be in transit from Singapore as we speak. Starting with the Hulk, all my statues will be from either Spec or Secret.

IMHO this is the best Captain America statue I have seen. I know it isn't for everyone, but it hits all the right notes for me.

My sentiments exactly. Seeing the first in hand photos was the last reassurance I needed. We've all seen beautiful protos come out looking significantly different. This would be an example of the final product looking better then the promo. I should have this in a couple weeks. Until then I hope we see more pics

I have really tried to resist this piece being that it is almost $800 all total and I already own 3 Cap 1/4 scale statues plus have allied charge on po. Now having attempted to convince myself not to order I find myself slipping because of these new pics. I need a Cap intervention!

Well I decided to put my money where my mouth is and I just Ordered Capt. from SpecFiction.. I'll have to see if SS will let me move my NRD on Capt. Allied Charge EX, if not I guess I can sell it after I get it...

I have really tried to resist this piece being that it is almost $800 all total and I already own 3 Cap 1/4 scale statues plus have allied charge on po. Now having attempted to convince myself not to order I find myself slipping because of these new pics. I need a Cap intervention!

I've came close to ordering this so many times but I must resist because I won't be able to get there Wolverine who as a character I'm much more of a fan off. I really want there Magneto as well

While a really great statue, I still get this 'Captain America by Capcom' vibe when I look at that face. I look at it and I can't help thinking of Street Fighter artwork out of Udon comics (probably more because of the shape of the mouth than due to the squinted eyes). Which isn't a bad thing in itself. Just not my cup of tea. And this has nothing to do with my wanting it to look more realistic. It just doesn't remind me of classic Marvel comics.

Now, you can agree with me, which is fine, disagree with me, which is fine, too, or be a disparaging 4ss about it and not understand not everyone sees things the same way. :rolleyes2

My sentiments exactly. Seeing the first in hand photos was the last reassurance I needed. We've all seen beautiful protos come out looking significantly different. This would be an example of the final product looking better then the promo. I should have this in a couple weeks. Until then I hope we see more pics

If I could I would be getting it no question. Congrats Tavegg.

Hmmmmm... I think most of the guys in this thread are more likely to grease the bottoms of your shoes and give you a push than to hold you back from the slope...lol. However, if buing this would make it way harder to buy another character you want then you could pass. This would be 5 versions of Cap for you. Which ones do you have already??

Well I decided to put my money where my mouth is and I just Ordered Capt. from SpecFiction.. I'll have to see if SS will let me move my NRD on Capt. Allied Charge EX, if not I guess I can sell it after I get it...

I don't think you will regret it Dan. I think this will be very hard to find very soon.

While a really great statue, I still get this 'Captain America by Capcom' vibe when I look at that face. I look at it and I can't help thinking of Street Fighter artwork out of Udon comics (probably more because of the shape of the mouth than due to the squinted eyes). Which isn't a bad thing in itself. Just not my cup of tea. And this has nothing to do with my wanting it to look more realistic. It just doesn't remind me of classic Marvel comics.

Now, you can agree with me, which is fine, disagree with me, which is fine, too, or be a disparaging 4ss about it and not understand not everyone sees things the same way. :rolleyes2

While I disagree, because for me this screams classic Cap, you are totally right about different perspectives. You see it differently than I do, but I do the same with other pieces. Different strokes.

Back