XM Studios Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another shout out to Kenmk1 for the awesome pointing hand. I just got back from vacation and had this waiting at the post office. It looks perfect!!

Nice. ^

My cap replacement body and shield finally got delivered from fedex today after almost two weeks of being held up in customs. Will pick it up tonight or in a few days and check it out.

Well I got my replacement Cap. Very excited to have it back. Unfortunately, there are a few minor paint flaws...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420143649.287608.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1420143658.978575.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1420143670.352240.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1420143677.916632.jpg

The one of the front waist bothers me the most. I'm hoping I can touch it up myself. Luckily the star on the front chest is PERFECT, which was the main problem with my old one. The smudge of the shield is unfortunate, mostly because it's the same kind of thing they replaced the first one because of, except that one had red on the white instead of black on the red.

I'm not sure if I even want to email Mark about it. XM was awesome handling me and I don't want to push it. I certainly don't want to try for another replacement, so not sure what I could really get from them at this point. Minor QC errors will happen and I do not demand perfection. However that black smudge on the waist is in a spot that my eye goes directly to and is noticeable from a distance.

I should just only look at my Cap in photos. The smudges are much less noticeable in photos than in hand :)

What I need now are those extra portraits!!!!

I'm not seeing flaws...

Yeah... I mean, I look at this as a piece of art, not something cranked out and designed to be an absolute clone. :dunno I can understand the mentality, though. Especially at the asking price. Regardless, it looks awesome! :)

Like I said they are definitely tiny and don't show up in pictures that much. It's a case of the XM curse where everything is so damn perfect that your brain hones in on anything slightly less than perfect.

He had to go back in the box and is going into storage for a few months anyhow. By the time I get to take him out and display him, I imagine I'll have forgotten all about it.

Agreed about them being works of art. I tend to like or not mind the little variances a hand painted piece brings.

Your looking for perfection which you will never get with any mass produced statue. Even with the really zoomed in photos I can barely make out the flaws, not sure how you can even notice them in person from a normal viewing distance. You must have like 10/10 vision :)

He had to go back in the box and is going into storage for a few months anyhow. By the time I get to take him out and display him, I imagine I'll have forgotten all about it.

You should just forget about it now, because those close-ups are extreeeeeme. You'll see minuscule details like that every time with close-ups that extreme. I think the areas you highlighted look ok.

I think this looks pretty nice.

Well I got my replacement Cap. Very excited to have it back. Unfortunately, there are a few minor paint flaws...

View attachment 155707View attachment 155708View attachment 155709View attachment 155710

The one of the front waist bothers me the most. I'm hoping I can touch it up myself. Luckily the star on the front chest is PERFECT, which was the main problem with my old one. The smudge of the shield is unfortunate, mostly because it's the same kind of thing they replaced the first one because of, except that one had red on the white instead of black on the red.

I'm not sure if I even want to email Mark about it. XM was awesome handling me and I don't want to push it. I certainly don't want to try for another replacement, so not sure what I could really get from them at this point. Minor QC errors will happen and I do not demand perfection. However that black smudge on the waist is in a spot that my eye goes directly to and is noticeable from a distance.

I should just only look at my Cap in photos. The smudges are much less noticeable in photos than in hand :)

Stick to your own advice, don't push it by telling Mark/XM....I can't even see what I'm supposed be looking for. Congrats on a great piece.

View attachment 155707View attachment 155708View attachment 155709View attachment 155710

Looks like paint loss on the front and poor application on the back. They would bother me.

Looks like paint loss on the front and poor application on the back. They would bother me.

He didn't post any pictures of the back of the statue.... As for the front are you talking about the blue paint in the white area? that's actually shadowing, they just used blue instead of black...

Back