XM Studios: Captain America - 1:3 Scale Elite Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know what shipping will be in the US, but I'm expecting the statue itself to carry a premium price tag. We are still probably 8-12 months from this going up for order (they haven't even settled on the prototype yet). Plus it will have a lot of switchouts. If we're lucky maybe they'll squeak it in under $1400, maybe even $1299 (like the Prime 1 JL Wonder Woman deluxe).

Otherwise look at SS and something like their Darth Vader 1/2 scale. Very little of that is actually sculpted to a high tolerance. You have the hands, headpiece, belt and box. Otherwise most of it is various fabric over a basic mannequin body. And how much are they charging for that?

Would love to see this come in at $1K and then another $100 for shipping in the US. I just don't think it will happen.

I could be wrong though. Wouldn't be the first time.

The thing with the shipping is retailers in the USA charges the customers here for the shipping from Singapore to the USA. So really it’s almost the same as buying from Singapore in terms of shipping. Same thing with the darkness license which released to USA retailers. Unless there’s a new system I don’t know or they’ve made going forward.

I get that it will most likely be pretty damn expensive but considering it will probably be like what....2 and a half years before I’ll have to actually pay for these things? (I’d get both Cap and Thor) I’ve got plenty of time to save.

Price-wise I think a 1/3 scale CM product would definitely be in the $1,500+ range and is not comparable to P1 (not sure specifically why this is). I say this strictly on the basis of existing 1/4 sale statues of XM that are sold at $1,000 as it is let alone a 1/3 scale. This is also speaking from someone buying in Canada where P1 at 1/3 scale is base cost of $1,000 without shipping and customs and FX conversion and would be the same price if not more to try and get a XM 1/4 scale statue.

Pictures from Grumpy Bear at SGCC19

- XM / LBS Captain America 1/3 Scale Statue -

- Production piece -

- 20 Pictures -

XM Studios Premium Collectibles Facebook

GHeroes European Master Distributor Facebook

1yck07.jpg

Spoiler Spoiler:

While I would have preferred a straight translation of the classic silver/bronze age comic costume, I don't have a big problem with the boots (or the soldier's utility belt).
I do think SS was able to get that classic look crossed with a more plausible real world workability down much better. I really loved how the boots came out on that one.
My bigger complaint with them, and other aspects of this piece, is the scale of the texturing. The wrinkled grain of the leather on the glove and boots and the weave of the fabric on the pants are all just too big for 1/3 scale. Even at 1:1 they might be a little too obvious.

I'll have to see the statue in hand to determine if that's just a nitpick I can look past or if it's something I may want to address (sanding it down a little in those areas and repainting them).

Overall I'm still very much looking forward to this one. Kind of sucks that it's still a couple months out.
I have a feeling that everything I have on pre--order atm, is all going to drop in the same month. That's four statues and several HT figs.
Not looking forward to that clusterf%$#@.

Back