[XM Studios] Cable

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
XM pieces are now going at retail or just a bit more or less. I think that means it now has a better chance of reaching the people who want them. I'm just afraid how their ES has been going down lately. What do you guys think is the point where it's no longer profitable for them? They make the niche characters but don't get to do 10,000 Spideys to make up for it.

Anyone want to share or pm me a contact to help secure XM pieces other than through SC?

Thanks in advance
Art

Same here. I need a contact. Now I know how dope heads must feel. Cuz I physically need that XM Ironman. Please help me maaaann. I'm statue sick. Just one contact man come on.

You guys really need to let this be known BEFORE the con, and not after. Many of those who went for the con (myself included) would have readily helped out if so.

I'm just afraid how their ES has been going down lately. What do you guys think is the point where it's no longer profitable for them? They make the niche characters but don't get to do 10,000 Spideys to make up for it.

Characters like Spidey, Venom, Cable.... will still have a ES of 999 and you can easily sell much more. I think they saw if you do a ES999 from a C-Character it will be not a hard to get statue and stays longer around. I know XM like to produce hard to get collectibles and i really like the new low ES on the characters.

XM pieces are now going at retail or just a bit more or less. I think that means it now has a better chance of reaching the people who want them. I'm just afraid how their ES has been going down lately. What do you guys think is the point where it's no longer profitable for them? They make the niche characters but don't get to do 10,000 Spideys to make up for it.

Back then they mentioned that their real profit starts at 400 copies sold so there's no worry, probably. Also, they increased prices - not a lot, but their first releases were cheaper. And also, it seems to me they're promoting much more local sales that don't require resellers/retailers who get discounted prices (like every company is doing btw), so that's it. They also have a ton of characters lined up, much more than last year and the year before. All in all, I think they're good.

As long as they keep making nice stuff, consumers will decide which to buy.

This looks awesome but I think it's just gotten too expensive and I'm crazy low on space as is. Congrats to those who get him! I hope SSC takes a stab at Cable and Jubilee soon.

I bit the bullet. paid more than I wanted, but it is what it is.

Yup that's it. Getting what you want is what really matters. Congrats ambasah and wanderlai! You guys did the right thing getting this now cause the price ain't going any lower than what people are asking now.

pay what it is now, because later on when these are all sold to collectors who will be keeping them it'll be even harder to find down the road given that probably less than 100 of these even make it over to the US through 3rd party means. $1500 sgd is roughly $1100 that doesn't seem unreasonably bad, even $2000 sgd is about $1500. Both options are way better than paying over $2-3k USD later. Besides what are you sacrificing really even if you ante up 2-3x a PF, the 5th iteration of Spiderman, Hulk, or Iron Man from SS?

People who expect this to drop in value are delusional.
This is what will happen: it will sell out very quickly on their website too. There will be some weeks/months with people reselling it at the inflated prices we see now (no clue how much but 1600-1800SGD last time I checked). Some people will (more or less rightfully) act outraged.
Slowly the ones on sale will be grabbed, it will become harder to get even at inflated prices and start climbing some more in value.
Then next year closer to release the Deadpool movie will come out, hype will start again, and again when it's released, spiking the value even more.
Unless some affordable alternative is announced (like a PF), it will be Magneto again. I remember when people kept saying "it's just the hype, soon you'll find Magneto for retail".

Back