XM Studios Brown Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just think how many variations of display you can do with that many arms, swords, and 2 heads. You wouldn't display a bone claw with a metal claw, but man there's a ton of options, then multiply 2X with the 2 heads.

IMG_1326.jpg

Just think how many variations of display you can do with that many arms, swords, and 2 heads. You wouldn't display a bone claw with a metal claw, but man there's a ton of options, then multiply 2X with the 2 heads.

IMG_1326.jpg

I just wished that I liked this piece a little bit more, because the piece is awesome, just cant get over those little things :slap

I just wished that I liked this piece a little bit more, because the piece is awesome, just cant get over those little things :slap

I tend to be much more critical when it comes to XM pieces. Because of the difficulty in securing a PO and mainly because of their overall cost, I find myself needing an XM piece to be absolutely perfect in order for me to pull the trigger on one lately. I live in the US so basically any XM statues I am interested in will essentially cost me about a minimum of a $1000 to buy. That's a hell of a lot of dough for a standard sized 1/4 statue. No way I'm dropping that kind of cash and then I find myself having issues with a piece. It's the reason I passed on Storm. She looks absolutely gorgeous but I despise the Jim Lee costume on her so I passed on her.

I find myself to be a bit less critical when POing a sideshow statue. Because they are easier and cheaper to buy than XM statues, I tend to let a few things that may bother me to slide. The brown Wolverine PF is a perfect example. I do like the piece overall but I did have some small issues with the piece before I bought it. I thought his shorts were too long, his belt too thin, his boot laces unnecessary, and the lack of hair on his arms irritating. Funny enough I had no issues with the portraits and that's what most collectors complained about. However, since I needed and wanted a brown costumed Wolverine in my collection, I let the minor issues I had with the PF slide. I couldn't probably do that with this brown XM Wolverine because it would cost more than double the PF if I POd it. I realize I'm more critical of the brown XM Wolverine but given the cost, it's the reality of the situation...even if it isn't exactly fair.

I tend to be much more critical when it comes to XM pieces. Because of the difficulty in securing a PO and mainly because of their overall cost, I find myself needing an XM piece to be absolutely perfect in order for me to pull the trigger on one lately. I live in the US so basically any XM statues I am interested in will essentially cost me about a minimum of a $1000 to buy. That's a hell of a lot of dough for a standard sized 1/4 statue. No way I'm dropping that kind of cash and then I find myself having issues with a piece. It's the reason I passed on Storm. She looks absolutely gorgeous but I despise the Jim Lee costume on her so I passed on her.

I find myself to be a bit less critical when POing a sideshow statue. Because they are easier and cheaper to buy than XM statues, I tend to let a few things that may bother me to slide. The brown Wolverine PF is a perfect example. I do like the piece overall but I did have some small issues with the piece before I bought it. I thought his shorts were too long, his belt too thin, his boot laces unnecessary, and the lack of hair on his arms irritating. Funny enough I had no issues with the portraits and that's what most collectors complained about. However, since I needed and wanted a brown costumed Wolverine in my collection, I let the minor issues I had with the PF slide. I couldn't probably do that with this brown XM Wolverine because it would cost more than double the PF if I POd it. I realize I'm more critical of the brown XM Wolverine but given the cost, it's the reality of the situation...even if it isn't exactly fair.

Well said! :goodpost:

Well said! :goodpost:

Having said all that, I just dropped $1400 and prepaid for the XM Transformation HULK. :lol I have zero regrets though. That's a piece that totally blew me away. IMO, it's the best HULK statue I've ever seen and I knew that I had to have it.

Nice. I'm getting both. :D

Have Hulk, Wolverine and Doc Oct ordered.

That's a lot of goodness right there. Congrats! The ONLY XM piece that totally floored me and I didn't PO was the HULKbuster. The overall price tag on that piece is hard to swallow. However, I think it's possibly the BEST statue ever made in our hobby. Even though I don't want to spend $3000 on any statue, I find myself keeping an eye on that piece in the B/S/T areas and I feel my resolve weakening. :lol

Having said all that, I just dropped $1400 and prepaid for the XM Transformation HULK. :lol I have zero regrets though. That's a piece that totally blew me away. IMO, it's the best HULK statue I've ever seen and I knew that I had to have it.

I have the XM Rising Sun Deathstroke statue on PO myself. On occasion, I'll bite on the ones that really wow me.

Back