XM Studios Blackbolt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most people don't know BB or at least that's all i'm hearing from people on the FB groups. Wait until the film hits and see how much it goes for. Not long back you could get Deadpool for not much over retail. Now the film is here you have zero chance.

So can you get Phoenix. Magneto. Thanos below retail?

Other than Magneto, they're all available around retail price. Quite a few Phoenix and Thanos sell for the $1k mark shipped on the Facebook groups.

The Inhumans movie isn't coming until the middle of 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope people realize that these retail somewhere around 600-650$ in the eligible areas and the ones I see on Facebook are usually sold at more or less 1000$ + about 200-300$ shipping from Singapore/other asian countries. Which means that whoever is selling them is making a good markup on the price.
If someone picks them up at the price paid in US or Europe (i.e. around 900-1000$ delivered) just to re-sell them, it's doing it very wrong. It's the same reason why we europeans don't really buy and resell many Sideshow exclusive, once we factor in nearly 150$ in customs fees they end up costing so much that nobody wants to buy them unless it's a very popular character and/or a killer Ex.

I hope people realize that these retail somewhere around 600-650$ in the eligible areas and the ones I see on Facebook are usually sold at more or less 1000$ + about 200-300$ shipping from Singapore/other asian countries. Which means that whoever is selling them is making a good markup on the price.
If someone picks them up at the price paid in US or Europe (i.e. around 900-1000$ delivered) just to re-sell them, it's doing it very wrong. It's the same reason why we europeans don't really buy and resell many Sideshow exclusive, once we factor in nearly 150$ in customs fees they end up costing so much that nobody wants to buy them unless it's a very popular character and/or a killer Ex.

If you're picking these up for $1k all in the seller may be making $50-100 on you after PP fees, shipping and packing costs, not really a great return for reselling

I don't keep track a lot of statues' values, especially when they've been released for such a short time, but yes at that price the seller is breaking even or making a slight profit. It's kinda normal for many characters, people who buy statues that don't want to keep unload them all the time shortly after release, especially secondary/not very popular characters, I guess it's to avoid losing any deposit and getting back the money to spend on something else.
As I said, people shouldn't expect to make a big profit on everything, more than ever now that the market is bigger than ever. Happens when there's a lot of demand (usually tied to character's popularity and lack of alternatives).

That's why for me, I'll only buy a statue if I really like it. It's not to make a profit, but for my enjoyment.

Even for the popular statues, I've been able to say "no" if they don't appeal to me. The SSC Superman PF and SSC Batman PF ...the mixed media didn't appeal to me so I turned them down. And I know a lot of people liked those two PFs.

This BB statue, tho ...I like it. It's a must have for me.

Some people do it so they have money to buy other statues that they really want though. If there's profit to be made, and it's ultimately going to be used for a statue/figure collection, I really don't see the harm in it. There's risks involved for people who play this sort of game too, imagine if it backfires while already being saddled with limited funds. People have a very unkind conventional concept when it comes to flippers imo, some of them assume that flippers are only in it for the money and a quick profit and are therefore not true collectors, but it's not always as simple as they think.

I just opened the box this afternoon... Holy smokes! What a beauty of a statue! I'm in awe at how incredibly well this one came out.

Wow.

bb2.jpg

Some rare nighttime shooting... This piece is an absolute stunner.
David Pereira Ezcurra truly is a gifted patron of the arts.

I love everything about this piece. And those pics just reaffirms my decision to get this. Just wish I already have this in hand, tho ...

Awesome pics!!! I love this figure. I have some pending orders and I should (at least I tell myself...) restrict to one of the following figures in case that I can find one at a "reasonable" price, but I would like that you tell me your opinion by suggesting an order in terms of preference based on in-hand opinions (when you look to your display which is the one that is making you smile the most):
- Blackbolt
- Hawkeye
- Thanos
- Black Widow
Prices for Thanos and Black Widow are insane nowadays, but Blackbolt and Hawkeye can be still found at no-so-crazy prices. Your choice between these two?
Thanks!!!

Hard to tell without knowing your preferences, I think at this price points attachment to character should be the #1 factor when deciding. I'm still waiting for my Black Bolt but own/owned all the others, I'd say:
1)Thanos
2)Hawkeye
3)Black Widow

They're all great pieces, Hawkeye is really underrated, it's awesome in person. I put Thanos first simply cause it's equally awesome but I'm much more into the character. From the pics I've seen I expect Black Bolt to become #1 but I'm also a huge BB fan, even more than Thanos.

Thanos can be found for around $1100 shipped which isn't bad at all. I think I paid like $1k from a retailer when it was released

Hard to tell without knowing your preferences, I think at this price points attachment to character should be the #1 factor when deciding. I'm still waiting for my Black Bolt but own/owned all the others, I'd say:
1)Thanos
2)Hawkeye
3)Black Widow

They're all great pieces, Hawkeye is really underrated, it's awesome in person. I put Thanos first simply cause it's equally awesome but I'm much more into the character. From the pics I've seen I expect Black Bolt to become #1 but I'm also a huge BB fan, even more than Thanos.

Thanks for the feedback! :) I find Black Bolt more alive than Hawkeye. He is really expressive independently of the chosen position. I might decide finally for him before I need to go for aftermarket prices.

Back