XM Studios Beta Ray Bill 1/4 Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spinning hammer is overrated I love the two poses so far and the outfit is fantastic. I wish thor's costume was slightly modernized like this.

"A lot of details are still fine tuning .... half way through..... enjoy....."

XM Studios Facebook

12512247_1658370531050306_3110516193312362785_n.jpg

12801262_1658370567716969_8688155829459924057_n.jpg

12799241_1658370581050301_2646284179718533376_n.jpg

12814555_1658370607716965_6241192908961737200_n.jpg

I just realized how much this sculpt is based on Simonson's artwork. The details match ...and so does the proportions.

betaraythor.gif

Thor-The+Ballad+of+Beta+Ray+Bill.jpg

I think everyone pretty much draws him the same way. Just variations in the costume. There's really only so many ways you can draw Beta?

I think everyone pretty much draws him the same way. Just variations in the costume. There's really only so many ways you can draw Beta?

^I agree.

I disagree. Artists have different styles ...and different take on a character.

For example, someone could draw Beta Ray Bill this way:
beta_ray_bill_by_timothygreenii-d3akvl8.jpg

Not only did the artist tweak the costume, but he tweaked the proportions. Simonson had a certain style of drawing Beta Ray Bill ...and Thor. I just think this sculpt closely matches that style ...in details and proportions. That's part of the reason why I like this piece so much.

I disagree. Artists have different styles ...and different take on a character.

For example, someone could draw Beta Ray Bill this way:
beta_ray_bill_by_timothygreenii-d3akvl8.jpg

Not only did the artist tweak the costume, but he tweaked the proportions. Simonson had a certain style of drawing Beta Ray Bill ...and Thor. I just think this sculpt closely matches that style ...in details and proportions. That's part of the reason why I like this piece so much.

I have to disagree.
IMHO, that doesn't look like Beta Ray Bill that I see in the comics. He's always drawn with large body, big proportions,
and even though I find that what you said is true, that every artist will put their own signature to the drawing, but I think what he meant by "there's not so many ways" was because basically his face doesn't have too much variations in terms of expressions, and that the body is usually drawn that way in the comic.. large and muscular.

Thank you for liking this piece so much.
I am one of the designer for this Beta Ray statue, for XM.
I draw the sketch, and then the digital designer sculpt it in 3D. :)

Thank you for liking this piece so much.
I am one of the designer for this Beta Ray statue, for XM.
I draw the sketch, and then the digital designer sculpt it in 3D. :)

Oh wow ...didn't know that. I haven't seen your sketch of BRB. But if the sculpt is any indication, then the sketch must be great, too. If you're allowed to, mind posting the sketch?

I'm a big Simonson fan, so saying that the sculpt matches closely to his art is a compliment. I'm definitely getting this statue.

Oh wow ...didn't know that. I haven't seen your sketch of BRB. But if the sculpt is any indication, then the sketch must be great, too. If you're allowed to, mind posting the sketch?

I'm a big Simonson fan, so saying that the sculpt matches closely to his art is a compliment. I'm definitely getting this statue.

I will have to ask first, if I can display the sketches here or not. :)

But yes, thank you so very much, when you say that, it's a huge compliment for me.
And thank you.. I really think you will not be disappointed with this one.
I'm a huge fan of Bill, and Sif too.

I will have to ask first, if I can display the sketches here or not. :)

But yes, thank you so very much, when you say that, it's a huge compliment for me.
And thank you.. I really think you will not be disappointed with this one.
I'm a huge fan of Bill, and Sif too.

So cool that you mingle with us on this board! Kudos!

Love how this BRB is coming along! Looks to have plenty of swap-out parts like Thor.
Can't wait to see this Painted up! Hopefully he get's a Nice Bright Blue and Shiny Gold!

Back