XM Studios 1/4 Doctor Strange Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These look really nice. Wonder how fast until they show up. didn't expect them to move this fast.

Maybe not all that fast - the XM site seems to indicate that Daredevil, Thor, Black Bolt, and She Hulk ship before Strange.

yeah I'm hoping that's right. I know Thor, Black Bolt and Daredevil are all due to go out these couple months. Black Bolt already started I believe

MK7 is supposed to ship before Daredevil, Thor, Black Bolt, and She Hulk. Hope they don't arrive at the same time as I have MK7, Thor, BB and Daredevil on order :(.

MK7 is supposed to ship before Daredevil, Thor, Black Bolt, and She Hulk. Hope they don't arrive at the same time as I have MK7, Thor, BB and Daredevil on order :(.

If they do, your wallet will scream hahaha

Thought the MK7 was supposed to start shipping last month - ?

It looks like crazy 3 months. Black Bolt has started shipping. Mk7, Daredevil and Thor are also shipping this January and February. Just got word Dr Strange will be shipping in March.

It´s magic! :hi5:

"This is a very STRANGE picture." XM FB

1382342_1631247000429326_6657198229109409061_n.jpg

XM sculpts just can't compare with Sideshow. Compare Dr. Strange's cape to Superman's, Batman's, Thor's, etc.......
Would prob look ok in a smaller scale but in 1/4 Dr. Strange's cape looks very bland.

Same goes for Mysterio

10565233_1631697293717630_7617063593840059052_n.jpg

XM sculpts just can't compare with Sideshow. Compare Dr. Strange's cape to Superman's, Batman's, Thor's, etc.......
Would prob look ok in a smaller scale but in 1/4 Dr. Strange's cape looks very bland.

You are comparing hanging with flying capes, which have more volume (XM)... that's all the difference. :)

I'm gonna admit the Mysterio and Black Bolt designs / execution are amazing

Dr Strange had a cool concept however the sculpt suffers from asymmetries and its weird the eye is looking straight up his crotch

If I could opt for one XM piece, it would be Black Bolt. That came out fantastic.

i think dr. strange's cape looks awesome, although I still wish they didn't include the symbol on the back.

I wouldn't mind a bit more "flow" with mysterio.

I like what SS did with the first Thor.

Attachments

• 7205_press04-001.jpg
    7205_press04-001.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 166
You are comparing hanging with flying capes, which have more volume (XM)... that's all the difference. :)

Nah..look at the classic Thor PF ambasah posted. The cape is mostly hanging still looks so much more natural and majestic. Has nothing to do with cape volume and whether or not they hanging or flying.

Capes look fine to me.
I don't think he was saying they aren't fine. I just think he's stating that Sideshow's cape sculpts are more life like, and have a better flow.

For the price people are paying for Dr. Strange and others they probably would like everything to look the best.

When compared to Thor above and the capes below, they just seem a bit...bubbly I guess.

70cd74e38d49fe2b0f13c7407b32457f.jpg

b4d05b7bb3950857a82a33f0e6793e7b.jpg

Back