XM Studios 1/4 Doctor Strange Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The head sculpt is lacking, I agree. It looks quite generic. Sideshow has some really, really talented portrait sculptors, and I feel that this is not on the same level as that.

The head sculpt is lacking, I agree. It looks quite generic. Sideshow has some really, really talented portrait sculptors, and I feel that this is not on the same level as that.

Sideshow needs to get in on some Doctor Strange quick! :rock

You're trying to tell me this is a good quality picture from the face? :wink1:
461b69cdb8b7443b838075a742a44f2a.jpg

I was looking back at some of the earlier pics. The black globe thing is awesome looking and the detail on the base is extraordinary. Even love the purple change-o-head.

I was looking back at some of the earlier pics. The black globe thing is awesome looking and the detail on the base is extraordinary. Even love the purple change-o-head.

Agreed, purple would be my display choice but I see nothing wrong with the other portrait. Sculpt is fine, no googly eyes and the paint app is sharp.

Agreed, purple would be my display choice but I see nothing wrong with the other portrait. Sculpt is fine, no googly eyes and the paint app is sharp.
Just doesn't fit the rest if the body for me. The figure is intricately detailed and the way everything lays out its as realistic as a floating mystic can get. The portrait doesn't convey the same thing to me. Kinda mismatched.

Just doesn't fit the rest if the body for me. The figure is intricately detailed and the way everything lays out its as realistic as a floating mystic can get. The portrait doesn't convey the same thing to me. Kinda mismatched.

No idea what your post means tbh but everyone is entitled to an opinion. :)

So you're saying that because of the subject matter the realistic style of the body doesn't have to match in the portrait? :cuckoo:

Last I checked the comment I made that you felt obligated to quote didn't have the terms 'realistic' or 'realistic style' in them at all. :cuckoo:

No idea what your post means tbh but everyone is entitled to an opinion. :)

Really...I wasn't clear enough?

It's clear that it's fuzzy. You're talking about a comic inspired statue with a floating mystic being 'realistic' and a portrait that isn't realistic enough for you. :cuckoo:

dr-strange-22-6-10-kc.jpg

So you're saying that because of the subject matter the realistic style of the body doesn't have to match in the portrait? :cuckoo:

Last I checked the comment I made that you felt obligated to quote didn't have the terms 'realistic' or 'realistic style' in them at all. :cuckoo:

Okay let's recap, I said the Body Style was as "realistic" as a floating Mystic can get. You said I wasn't being clear, so let's clear this up. Considering this is a fantasy piece, of course people don't float, the way the body and clothing are sculpted down the intricate way the fabric lays and wrinkles conveys a sense of realism to the sculpt, comic inspired or not. The facial sculpt on the other hand does not convey the same sense realism that the body was sculpted with. It's more blocky and doesn't look like a face that fits with the rest of what has been sculpted here. Even the Altar the book rests on, while obviously fantasy based, is more realistically sculpted than the portrait. The entire sculpt is well executed stylistically until you get to his head, which looks like it wasn't even sculpted by the same person at this point.

Now, if your have a hard time understanding all that then I'm sorry, but why don't you try instead of just being obnoxious.

Let's edit out all your garbage and cut to the chase. One sec...

The facial sculpt on the other hand does not convey the same sense realism that the body was sculpted with. It's more blocky and doesn't look like a face that fits with the rest of what has been sculpted here. Even the Altar the book rests on, while obviously fantasy based, is more realistically sculpted than the portrait. The entire sculpt is well executed stylistically until you get to his head, which looks like it wasn't even sculpted by the same person at this point.

Ok much better.

The portrait looks pretty bang on shape-wise to the comic, so idk what you're expecting. The portrait is neither too large or too small to the body size itself, it looks just right so again idk how you'd claim it isn't a good fit. Feel free to post some pics of your idealized realistic portrait. Comparing the portrait to the altar and book is flat out insane, so we'll leave that comparison right there.

If you're going to whine about the tone of my post, be less douchey in yours. Cheers. :duff

Re: XM Dr. Strange

Can there be one of any thread you mean. ;)

It's seemingly widely acceptable for people here to **** on SS pieces--code of conduct be damned. Any criticism of XM is unacceptable by some people on this board though. It's getting old. XM has done some great work. I have Wolverine in hand and quite a few others preordered. However, not all are winners and their human head sculpts in particular sometimes suffer in quality. Saying so shouldn't be an immediate "**** on this guy's opinion offense".

Back