XM Studios 1/4 Classic Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Zod :duff

I agree, I was never a fan of either unmasked portrait. If I had planned on displaying either, I'd have deducted from my overall rating and that may have affected my impression on the piece. For those that did plan on it and may take issue, I get their gripe.

Luckily, that wasn't the case for me and I'm stoked! :rock

WOW, AWESOME photos! Thank you buddy cause I fell so disappointed by the recent photos but now I am so happy not to cancel my order!

Thanks Magnum! I love it, hope you love yours as well my friend.

Well, maybe you have to dig more Jim Lee's Wolverine art!

No problem bro, like i said in Erick´s FB post just a great work. I like Jim Lee´s art, but not here. Erick mean+s "Berserker rage my friend". :wink1:

For Grumpy ;)

Hehe, thx. :hi5:

But hey looks like you lost a pic, the one from behind, right arm only. :rotfl

Is there any way to seriously state these 2 are on the same level

Anyway, DHL just delivered my Wolvie so I'll leave it at that. ;)

No there is not, and that was sort of my point. The Iron Patriot is one of the most amatuer, mailed in releases I have ever seen. It is rightly getting put through the ringer. SS should recall everyone of them and dump them in that landfill next to those Atari ET cartridges, I think it is that bad. My only point for comparison was that had it been another companies release, 'some' people would be handling it with kid gloves.

Hope you enjoy your Wolverine. I'm sure it got there in great shape, as that never seems to be an issue with XM.

Hehe, thx. :hi5:

But hey looks like you lost a pic, the one from behind, right arm only. :rotfl
Welcome :duff Are you getting this & displayed with unmasked portrait?

No there is not, and that was sort of my point. The Iron Patriot is one of the most amatuer, mailed in releases I have ever seen. It is rightly getting put through the ringer. SS should recall everyone of them and dump them in that landfill next to those Atari ET cartridges, I think it is that bad. My only point for comparison was that had it been another companies release, 'some' people would be handling it with kid gloves.

Hope you enjoy your Wolverine. I'm sure it got there in great shape, as that never seems to be an issue with XM.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Thanks! I get where you're coming from, and I agree, if you're going to hammer one product then hammer another regardless of who makes it.

Bro, you really make my day! This piece looks incredible, I am so happy now! CHEERS:)

Awesome! I know that feeling, when you're anticipating a collectible and the initial reviews aren't all positive - it isn't fun. Glad my crumby pics could bring back that anticipation for you, he's well worth the wait! :rock

Awesome pics.
I confirm my opinion, overall details are insane for a mass produced piece. I'm just a sucker for this kind of details, texturing on the suit, stripes sculpted like leather, the scratches and claw marks on the Sentinel.
Head sculpts are solid imho - monotooth is less and less an issue the more pics I see, unmasked screaming head is fine and the calm head has always been to be forgotten.
Only real flaw I see that detracts from the piece is the hair, which thankfully is not in plain sight.
Really confident XM can pull out the definitive Wolverine when they do the brown costume.

Tbolt....I get your point. But I am not sure we really have an apples to apples comparison...

IMHO part of the reason SS gets so much grief is the fact many forum members have been purchasing Sideshow product for years. They have spent thousands of dollars with Sideshow, and they remember a time prior to editions sizes growing to 3,000 - 5,000 where QC issues were nominal. When those QC issues did occur, there seem to be a more concerted effort on Sideshow's part to handle the situation to the customer's satisfaction. Consequentially, Sideshow built up a ton of goodwill. Fast forward years later, people see Sideshow's prices going up exponentially, edition sizes continue to rise, QC issues appear to be more prevalent, and Sideshow's customer service is hit or miss. Obviously customers are extremely frustrated over what they perceived as an ongoing decline in the quality of Sideshow products.

I am not going to say that XM has no issues...because every manufacturer has issues. However, we have seen XM representatives step up and take care of forum members who received statues with issues. We have seen XM reach out to fans on the forums and Facebook asking for constructive feed back on their prototypes. We have seen XM use the aforementioned feedback to make changes in their sculpts (i.e. the base for their upcoming Thanos statue). We have seen them try to proactively address problems (i.e the arm issues with the Mark 42 or addressing potential leaning issues with Phoenix). And along the way, XM delivered one of the best statues to hit the market in long time with Magneto.

People immediately jump on Sideshow when they see issues is because Sideshow has used up it's goodwill. When you have banked goodwill with customers...they are more tolerant of mistakes. IMHO XM has more goodwill banked at the moment than Sideshow. If it gets to the point where XM uses up their goodwill...then they will be as heavily criticized as Sideshow.

92499B4D-5604-4390-8D8F-9AD6FE654336_zps5e7vqvvq.jpg

A6FD6D9E-1569-41C8-A227-C782B799C161_zpsyqpqr3zv.jpg

AC7C69B7-C247-45C7-8177-13790B42F3DB_zpsahhdcptl.jpg

Congrats on receiving yours dude!! Wow that was quick

Congrats Y4NK33PL4N3T! Looks great to me. :duff No wavy lines on that portrait.

Wolvie and Hawkeye are in the house here also, just have to get some time to unbox later this evening.

I can understand the disappointment with the way the arm hair turned out but it hardly makes this a fail. There is a lot of win with this statue. I have to say that I actually like that screaming portrait a lot.

I'll post some pics of both pieces later tonight.

Yes, long time on PO. Mark told me he can ship him together with hawkeye. Wait for the mail. :yess:

I like the screaming head, but i think with Cap and Hawkeye i will display him with the masked head.

Wow, a 2 pack coming to your doorstep soon :rock

I want more photos like 10 pages:))) Hahahahaha

:lol

Awesome pics.
I confirm my opinion, overall details are insane for a mass produced piece. I'm just a sucker for this kind of details, texturing on the suit, stripes sculpted like leather, the scratches and claw marks on the Sentinel.
Head sculpts are solid imho - monotooth is less and less an issue the more pics I see, unmasked screaming head is fine and the calm head has always been to be forgotten.
Only real flaw I see that detracts from the piece is the hair, which thankfully is not in plain sight.
Really confident XM can pull out the definitive Wolverine when they do the brown costume.

Thanks! I agree, if you're a sucker for the details and texturing then you'll fall in love with this one. :goodpost:

Is Brown Wolvie still green lighted?

Congrats on receiving yours dude!! Wow that was quick

Congrats Y4NK33PL4N3T! Looks great to me. :duff No wavy lines on that portrait.

Wolvie and Hawkeye are in the house here also, just have to get some time to unbox later this evening.

I can understand the disappointment with the way the arm hair turned out but it hardly makes this a fail. There is a lot of win with this statue. I have to say that I actually like that screaming portrait a lot.

I'll post some pics of both pieces later tonight.

Thanks gents!

And congrats Wolf! Looking forward to your review and proper pics, none of this cell phone ying yang I have to deal with atm ;)

Those pics look pretty good to me. They will probably be better then mine. No photo skills here. :(

Back