XM Studios 1/4 Classic Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any company that pays a ton to possess a license in a limited market is going to try and protect it. This shouldn't (IF TRUE) come as a surprise, nor should it be a condemnation.

I find it funny a small company like XM which has a very limited Edition Sizes can make a big company like SSC shake in their boots :lol

I find it funny a small company like XM which has a very limited Edition Sizes can make a big company like SSC shake in their boots :lol

Sending an email to Disney is a pretty low barometer for shaking in boots. ;)

If this is all true, I would think it has to do mostly with so many collectors crying out that SS is terrible, they are selling all their SS stuff and only buying XM. Well, surprise surprise, these companies, even the large ones, read forums and facebook groups. What will be funny is if people in the US who laughed about how much better XM is ends up setting off a chain of events that make it harder for them to get those XM pieces.

Speculation is so damaging... Why does it have to also be so fun?

Sending an email to Disney is a pretty low barometer for shaking in boots. ;)

If this is all true, I would think it has to do mostly with so many collectors crying out that SS is terrible, they are selling all their SS stuff and only buying XM. Well, surprise surprise, these companies, even the large ones, read forums and facebook groups. What will be funny is if people in the US who laughed about how much better XM is ends up setting off a chain of events that make it harder for them to get those XM pieces.

Speculation is so damaging... Why does it have to also be so fun?

People were complaining about SSC long before XM existed....

What rumor? Other than some exceedingly vague and cryptic post with zero substantiation even as to the source if the rumor, that doesn't even indicate that the rumor is, there is no rumor.

Disney can't tell ST where they can and can't sell. ST doesn't pay Disney for the license to sell their products.

This. There is no LEGAL way to tell a retailer where to sell. They buy goods, they have the right to sell it wherever they please.
Same way when Bowen was restricted to NA distribution but Sideshow distributed their statues allover the world. And they took a % out of it.

There are legal ways to control which retailers suppliers do business with.... It takes one line I. A contact and no more XM at SimplyToys.

If that's true then it doesn't say much for SSC.... Instead of coming up with better products they go running to Disney crying.... If the information RebelScum_29 is reporting is accurate that is...

The thing is SS opened the door for XM with their hollow, giangantic ES and QC riddled pieces. They have totally ignored all complaints and refused to make improvements. I wish XM manages to get some licenses to sell in the US. That would increase the pressure on SS.

The thing is SS opened the door for XM with their hollow, giangantic ES and QC riddled pieces. They have totally ignored all complaints and refused to make improvements. I wish XM manages to get some licenses to sell in the US. That would increase the pressure on SS.

Yessss. Plus SS too busy with variants :gah:

This. There is no LEGAL way to tell a retailer where to sell. They buy goods, they have the right to sell it wherever they please.
Same way when Bowen was restricted to NA distribution but Sideshow distributed their statues allover the world. And they took a % out of it.

Yeah there is, HT does it all the time

So SS did the same with Bowen statues in the past when it was in their advantage. Now another company does the same and they cry like a little child:D Instead of upping their quality, they buy things off...

So SS did the same with Bowen statues in the past when it was in their advantage. Now another company does the same and they cry like a little child:D Instead of upping their quality, they buy things off...

:lol

Even if this was true it's not going to stop us getting them anyway.

To everyone who wants to slam SSC you have to keep in mind that THEY are responsible for protecting their rights.... IF they choose not to do so they can forfeit those rights. They don't have a choice.

I don't understand how you can tell a retailer who they can/can not sell their products to. Once it leaves the company's or distributor's hands it's a free market for the retailer isn't it? I mean they can tell XM not to sell to Simply Toys, but I don't think they can tell Simply Toys who they can sell to. Am I missing something?

:lol

Even if this was true it's not going to stop us getting them anyway.

Indeed but it will become more expensive...

In the end they think they own the market. I remember in the beginning of XM they wished them all the best and they welcomed them:D They changed their mind quickly... Really said because XM only produces 1000 pieces max of a Marvel statue.

they should have taken on the challenge and produce better statues, instead they only think about profit and greed. The point is as long as you join them, they are okay with it(see Prime1), from the moment you don't, they try to crush you. It shows their true face imo...

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk

In the end they think they own the market. I remember in the beginning of XM they wished them all the best and they welcomed them:D They changed their mind quickly... Really said because XM only produces 1000 pieces max of a Marvel statue.

they should have taken on the challenge and produce better statues, instead they only think about profit and greed. The point is as long as you join them, they are okay with it(see Prime1), from the moment you don't, they try to crush you. It shows their true face imo...

Get ready for the hate coming from you know who. :lol I agree with you by the way.

This goes for pretty much any industry when there is competition for the same product or service.

Get ready for the hate coming from you know who. :lol I agree with you by the way.

In the end SS does this because they feel some pressure, otherwise they would not do something like that. They see this small company selling out all their statues in one day. For many years they were alone, now this small company almost forces them to change things because people complain more and more about SS....

In the end SS does this because they feel some pressure, otherwise they would not do something like that. They see this small company selling out all their statues in one day. For many years they were alone, now this small company almost forces them to change things because people complain more and more about SS....

It doesn't matter how much you wish someone well... the MOMMENT you know that they are violating your distribution rights you HAVE to react to that or risk losing your rights. Do you think that Disney likes going after daycare centers and Dads who have painted Whinnie the Pooh and Mickey Mouse on their walls?? No, but they have to ALWAYS defend their rights (copy rights), because if they don't even just once they start a precedents that they can not take back. It is the way things work.

It doesn't matter how much you wish someone well... the MOMMENT you know that they are violating your distribution rights you HAVE to react to that or risk losing your rights. Do you think that Disney likes going after daycare centers and Dads who have painted Whinnie the Pooh and Mickey Mouse on their walls?? No, but they have to ALWAYS defend their rights (copy rights), because if they don't even just once they start a precedents that they can not take back. It is the way things work.

Yeah we get it. You don't need to spell it out to us. Like i said i'm not arsed. I'll get XM statues no matter what.

Like I said before, it is sad that they do this while in the past they did the same with Bowen statues. They just want to control the whole industry and take money from everyone... In the end XM is not violating anything because I as an international customer can't order with them directly;)

PS: You are the most vocal but did you order already something from them?

Back