XM Studios 1/4 Classic Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going back to the Classic IM statue, the arms needs tweaking. The inner elbow ...where the bicep and forearm meets ...currently looks off. Even the bicep needs tweaking as it looks elliptical ...and should be more oval.

Disney probably give the go ahead to sell everywhere hahahaha

no-gif.gif

Even the NA eretailers may not beable to get XM anymore.

I don't know about this, but SimplyToys still has cheaper prices than XM's official site and probably also better shipping rates.

If the rumour is true, and even ST loses their ability to REALLY sell out of the approved area, and the usual suspects aren't getting as much.... well XMs original core fanbase in NA is screwed.

Maxicollector says he's out on this piece.

"Hello,

Sorry this won't be available for PO because we don't have enough pieces to offer. What we are currently offering are 1/4 she-hulk, mark 42, 1/6 Thor, cap and Loki.

Thanks
Ren

Sent by Maxicollector"

no-gif.gif

Even the NA eretailers may not beable to get XM anymore.

If the rumour is true, and even ST loses their ability to REALLY sell out of the approved area, and the usual suspects aren't getting as much.... well XMs original core fanbase in NA is screwed.

What rumor? Other than some exceedingly vague and cryptic post with zero substantiation even as to the source if the rumor, that doesn't even indicate that the rumor is, there is no rumor.

Disney can't tell ST where they can and can't sell. ST doesn't pay Disney for the license to sell their products.

What rumor? Other than some exceedingly vague and cryptic post with zero substantiation even as to the source if the rumor, that doesn't even indicate that the rumor is, there is no rumor.

Disney can't tell ST where they can and can't sell. ST doesn't pay Disney for the license to sell their products.

Agreed on the first part, but the second not so much. You're right in a sense, of course, but Disney can tell XM and XM can tell ST, who get no product if they don't follow the rules.

Agreed on the first part, but the second not so much. You're right in a sense, of course, but Disney can tell XM and XM can tell ST, who get no product if they don't follow the rules.

XM could easily be forced to address issues that have to do with the end running of their license agreements, and if they don't their licenses could be removed. Disney and Marvel have already appeared t be tightening up the reigns. I got a line in to XM to see if I can find out what's what,

There are always work arounds to getting XM product. If Disney puts pressure on XM to put pressure on ST....then a third party individual can purchase it for someone in USA and none would be wiser for the wear. I don't see why Disney would put pressure on ST when ultimately they help sell products with the Disney / Marvel license which in turns allows companies like XM or other new start ups to put more money in Disney's pocket. After all, it's all about the money right?

Going back to the Classic IM statue, the arms needs tweaking. The inner elbow ...where the bicep and forearm meets ...currently looks off. Even the bicep needs tweaking as it looks elliptical ...and should be more oval.

Bicep def needs tweaking, other than that - print it. ;)

I don't see why Disney would put pressure on ST when ultimately they help sell products with the Disney / Marvel license which in turns allows companies like XM or other new start ups to put more money in Disney's pocket. After all, it's all about the money right?

It is about money and if a retailer say for instance SSC feels XM is impacting their business in any way and puts in call to Disney the ball starts rolling.

It is about money and if a retailer say for instance SSC feels XM is impacting their business in any way and puts in call to Disney the ball starts rolling.

You are correct in that the complaint has to start with SSC or other license holders who feel their license is being infringed upon.

I wanted to point out that Disney can not directly, through their own decree, dictate the way ST conducts their business. Of course that does not encompass the entire range of possibilities and pressure that can arise various channels.

But once again, there is no rumor. If there is, I've yet to see it. All I have seen is one user post a random comment containing no definition or speculation, general or specific. This is all meaningless hypothetical jargon.

XM could easily be forced to address issues that have to do with the end running of their license agreements, and if they don't their licenses could be removed. Disney and Marvel have already appeared t be tightening up the reigns. I got a line in to XM to see if I can find out what's what,

You'd more likely be looking at the shadow sellers, the resellers that we've been using, who are essentially selling to the world on XM's behalf and supplying NA retailers, than you would be ST.

But again, there isn't even a rumor!

It's a non-issue. SSC used to sell Bowen products internationally on their website. Bowen's license was strictly limited to the USA. What's the difference? There is always a loop hole to get around licensing restrictions.

There has been several new developments with regards to XM. I'm sure some of you have read in the forums about SS complaining to Disney HQ about the high numbers of XM stuff appearing in countries that are outside of the authorized countries XM are allowed to sell to. This has been made worst by some high profile collectors, well known in the community, and who live outside of the approved countries, posting detailed video reviews and pictures of their XM acquisitions. This has prompted Disney to clamp down on the selling processes, limiting just two statues per person who MUST be residing (proof of citizenship), in the approved countries. This has started and being implemented firstly to us "resellers" who have been helping our overseas friends. This will also be rolled out for all authorized XM distributors like Simply Toys etc (shipping restrictions will apply). Please note that we "resellers" are trying our best to find a loophole to this latest policy change.

If that's true then it doesn't say much for SSC.... Instead of coming up with better products they go running to Disney crying.... If the information RebelScum_29 is reporting is accurate that is...

To be fair, with non-official official resellers XM has been playing somewhat fast and loose with their license restrictions. Simply Toys and other retailers who move vast amounts of various products all over the world are another story.

Ultimately Disney nor SSC can keep XM statues out of the hands of collectors the world over, but they can make it more difficult and more expensive. It is a touch silly to fret over the current situation as it is already difficult and expensive.

Still, it is well within SSC's right to question whether XM is abiding by the terms of their license and infringing upon the license they likely pay a crap ton more for than XM does.

If that's true then it doesn't say much for SSC.... Instead of coming up with better products they go running to Disney crying.... If the information RebelScum_29 is reporting is accurate that is...

Sounds like SS . Theyve tried to **** block chronicle collectibles from getting a few licenses in the past.

Sounds like SS . Theyve tried to **** block chronicle collectibles from getting a few licenses in the past.

Any company that pays a ton to possess a license in a limited market is going to try and protect it. This shouldn't (IF TRUE) come as a surprise, nor should it be a condemnation.

Back