XM Studio Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn it! Anyone have inside track on when BBTS is getting theirs and when they'll be shipping BW out?

^^^ What he said.

I also have BW ordered through Secret Compass and have heard nothing. Well, that's not true. I heard March. Then May. I'm afraid to ask again.

Yeah I'm waiting on Secret Compass for my BW also.... I even paid it in full hoping it would move things along but alas no luck :(

I have my black widow trough secret compass also, I asked shane and he said he should have news soon. that's all i got. weird since I asked xm and they said they are done shipping them. I have no idea where secret compass got their lack widow from.:impatient:

Well, heard back pretty quickly. Here's what I wrote:

And here's the response:

I don't have much of a choice at this point. I could have found one elsewhere for retail in June 2014 when I ordered with Secret Compass, or even in September. It's too ****ing late now.

Sorry to hear that. I always thought you would pay only domestic shipping when it arrived here since they included the international shipping cost factored in, thus the high sell prices.

Retail price is around $588 USD for Black Widow. SC sold it for $769.95... Now with XM Captain America (Same price as BW) they included the shipping in the price from Signapore because I only paid $806 including shipping & tax. Yet Black Widow is costing $1005.00 including shipping and no tax.

All I can think of is they were originally getting the XM statues for wholesale but after XM Captain America got shipped and their popularity soared, their XM Source decided to sell them to SC and other US retailers at retail or higher instead of wholesale. Thus the $200+ increase in price.

Anyways I don't blame Secret Compass or any of the other US Retailers, they got shafted by the popularity of XM statues and their source decided to take advantage of it. The best price your going to get is ordering these through an official retailer like Simple Toys as they sell them for retail. But the US shops are an option for those who couldn't get one directly from Singapore.

Retail price is around $588 USD for Black Widow. SC sold it for $769.95... Now with XM Captain America (Same price as BW) they included the shipping in the price from Signapore because I only paid $806 including shipping & tax. Yet Black Widow is costing $1005.00 including shipping and no tax.

All I can think of is they were originally getting the XM statues for wholesale but after XM Captain America got shipped and their popularity soared, their XM Source decided to sell them to SC and other US retailers at retail or higher instead of wholesale. Thus the $200+ increase in price.

Anyways I don't blame Secret Compass or any of the other US Retailers, they got shafted by the popularity of XM statues and their source decided to take advantage of it. The best price your going to get is ordering these through an official retailer like Simple Toys as they sell them for retail. But the US shops are an option for those who couldn't get one directly from Singapore.

I could be wrong, but I don't think it's the increase in price that's the problem here. It's the fact that the terms of sale were changed after completion of said sale.

Can you do that? Change something after you made the purchase?

I understand to Shane it doesn't matter because with any XM stuff he probably has buyers a mile long who will take the order in a heartbeat. Still, it probably isn't good practice to do something like that on a regular basis...

You can blame it on the greedy Distributors who are selling to the US etailers. They raised the price by $400 or so. Quite ridiculous.

I ordered this and iron man under the impression that the only additional shipping would be domestic. I got sticker shock when spec fiction billed be for iron man. I went though with it as I had a $150 deposit on it. I don't blame spec fiction in the least, and I'm happy with the statue, but there's no way on god's green earth I'd have bought it knowing it would cost me $1100 +. Don't forget the $60 customs fees bill that showed up a few weeks later either. I wanted ms marvel, but between the hassle of finding one and the rising prices, I don't see any more xm in my near future.

I bought Cap and Magneto through SC and in both instances I paid full intl shipping. Shane was very professional through the experience. We all know prices are going up and it's pay to play with XM. I never would have expected shipping that cheap when everyone else was paying several hundred across all sources. If you don't want it leave it. All I can think about with that widow is how awesome the print is

Finally got a 10 day notice from BBTS for this beautiful piece!! Hell yea!

Back