XM Studio Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's graffiti art, nothing distasteful about it. It's expressionist art to me so I don't find it offensive. To me it's just background art to enhance the statue. Could've been anyone that created that art piece they decided to put the statue behind to take that shot.

Because it's extremely distasteful, that's why.

I think the problem here is that you haven't qualified anything as your opinion... not that you should always have to do that, but here it comes off like you are stating these things as facts. Taste is a wholly subjective thing. Many people would find a statue glorifying an idealized, big breasted, slim waisted woman as distasteful. Others would find your harsh opinion that having a piece of artwork in the background of a photo denigrates a company as distasteful.

Ultimately I think tastefulness is something that really only applies to personal interactions with people you know and have some understanding of. Taste varies too much for me to really care about it on a broad scale.

Ultimately I think tastefulness is something that really only applies to personal interactions with people you know and have some understanding of. Taste varies too much for me to really care about it on a broad scale.

True. Many would consider me hypocritical for taking issue with the drug use while turning a blind eye to BW's oversexed portrayal in the statue itself. We all have our personal convictions.

If any of you guys want a chance to be on a TV show about collectors PM me. The casting director for All3Media (they produce the undercover Boss Show) is looking to interview high end collectors for consideration for a TV show.

If you have a fantastic collection or have gone through changes because of your collecting they may want you. :wink1:

image.jpg

-I chose that background to show Black Widow is on a mission at the dark corners of a street
-The graffiti art is a strong visual which is used in movies and comics as a illegal act in 80's
-A visual image of Captain America who is doing crack on a wall makes a huge contrast with Black Widow who are members of the same team! In fact Cap is the leader of Avengers and if you look at the expression of Black Widow, she doesn't care that image cause she is a bad ass!
-Also my goal is to make it realistic, that is why I chose a background image like that...

The other sets of poster which I made for XM Statues are:

885531_10152977890466096_1015320212721509001_o.jpg

10847240_10152977890666096_2040230852315177559_o.jpg

10846352_10152977890881096_6607298052647368850_n.jpg

As you can see, I always try to catch the feeling, soul of the character which of course from my point of view! You can find them ugly, clever or unsuccessful and there is nothing to be offended from my perspective cause I am sharing it with the public to get response!
Thanks...

-I chose that background to show Black Widow is on a mission at the dark corners of a street
-The graffiti art is a strong visual which is used in movies and comics as a illegal act in 80's
-A visual image of Captain America who is doing crack on a wall makes a huge contrast with Black Widow who are members of the same team! In fact Cap is the leader of Avengers and if you look at the expression of Black Widow, she doesn't care that image cause she is a bad ass!
-Also my goal is to make it realistic, that is why I chose a background image like that...

The other sets of poster which I made for XM Statues are:

885531_10152977890466096_1015320212721509001_o.jpg

10847240_10152977890666096_2040230852315177559_o.jpg

10846352_10152977890881096_6607298052647368850_n.jpg

As you can see, I always try to catch the feeling, soul of the character which of course from my point of view! You can find them ugly, clever or unsuccessful and there is nothing to be offended from my perspective cause I am sharing it with the public to get response!
Thanks...

That's some incredible and very creative artwork!

Love them!

I dig the hulk and wolverine image but the magneto one is a tad strange cuz the whole hand is just floating. I would actually lower mags and the hand so the bottom is cut off and it seems like he is on the ground. Otherwise, nice work!

Really nice work. Especially like the hulk vs wolverine and magneto. Would be cool to setup my collection too with the idea of background posters setting the mood for the statue.

Well I broke and ordered BW today. If I didn't I just know it would come back and haunt me. Now the short wait ;)

6e4737d9a5cb6ebbd525f2708481715c.jpg

Talking about Magnus Cap work though, I love it

And he's done his job well because love it or hate it, his work has got us thinking and talking and it all makes sense now he's explained it. Funny thing is a group of my friends have been talking about that picture trying to work it out lol. Now we know

it is creative work for sure. My only suggestion is to not include the xm logo. It could cause them unnecessary grief.

Back