XM Studio 1/4 Avenger Iron Man Mark VII

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Compare
esesesa8.jpg

Yeah. This was an absolute for me but now I'm thinking about waiting for the ss version. Even if the base sucks it's only half the cost

:lol I still won't buy a piece if the base sucks, but at least it doesn't hit the wallet as hard with them.

I'm holding out hope they scrap this base entirely, as the feedback I've read on both forums has been overwhelmingly negative.

This beam is obviously not as creative as the STARK base, but if you like this version of Mark VII, you shouldn't bail just for that. If XM had debut this beam, would there be so much negativity? Maybe. It's not as plain as their Hulk or Captain bases, and it's about on par with Hawkeye' base (with some tweaking). I don't hear any grumbling over the plain Thor base, even though it's just rendering at this point. Sure there's disappointment in the change of design. Let's be fair in giving XM feedback.

I prefer the new base myself, it has more of a scene environment to it..., the other base is ok though but the steel girder looks more imposing. :)

This beam is obviously not as creative as the STARK base, but if you like this version of Mark VII, you shouldn't bail just for that. If XM had debut this beam, would there be so much negativity? Maybe. It's not as plain as their Hulk or Captain bases, and it's about on par with Hawkeye' base (with some tweaking). I don't hear any grumbling over the plain Thor base, even though it's just rendering at this point. Sure there's disappointment in the change of design. Let's be fair in giving XM feedback.

FFS it's not about "disappointment" that the Stark base was cancelled...it's about being presented with a mediocre, unbalanced and seemingly rushed design that lessens the overall quality of the statue. As a professional designer I can objectively look at the girder proposal and assess it on its own (lack of) design merit.

I already have this on pre-order but am leaning more towards cancelling.

I prefer the new base myself, it has more of a scene environment to it..., the other base is ok though but the steel girder looks more imposing. :)

Seeing as you only landed in this thread three days ago I doubt you're terribly invested in any of the detail design...or likely to buy one in any case.

Seeing as you only landed in this thread three days ago I doubt you're terribly invested in any of the detail design...or likely to buy one in any case.

How very narrow minded & what a silly thing to say..., I've bought most of my many hundreds of collectibles without commenting on a thread, I only recently decided to start talking to other collectors on forums & for the most part I've found it very informative & interesting, just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean you can make derogatory comments towards me personally, get a grip & accept that not everyone likes what you do & we all like different things! I like the new base, big deal!!!

How very narrow minded & what a silly thing to say..., I've bought most of my many hundreds of collectibles without commenting on a thread, I only recently decided to start talking to other collectors on forums & for the most part I've found it very informative & interesting, just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean you can make derogatory comments towards me personally, get a grip & accept that not everyone likes what you do & we all like different things! I like the new base, big deal!!!

Sadly, you will get plenty of that stupid nonsense around here (SSF in general) If you do not post "enough" on a thread, you have no say on stuff other people has been talking about for months and months.

Good on you if you like the base.

Honestly, if the beam was the first design proposed I wouldn't open this thread again until the piece shipped so I can assess the QC on the end product. No chance I'm dropping near $1,000 on a statue that doesn't absolutely stun me when I view it. I've passed on countless IM statues from SSC, Gentle Giant, Koto, and Bowen for this very reason, XM will be no exception.

It's not that bad...just odd. I think it could work if they took away the rubble underneath and used more girders to make it look like he was landing on the remote part of a bridge. Or, an alternative idea would be to make it look like the crumbling corner of an NYC skyscraper

Honestly, if the beam was the first design proposed I wouldn't open this thread again until the piece shipped so I can assess the QC on the end product. No chance I'm dropping near $1,000 on a statue that doesn't absolutely stun me when I view it. I've passed on countless IM statues from SSC, Gentle Giant, Koto, and Bowen for this very reason, XM will be no exception.

Well I guess you will be moving on from this thread then since this base and s clearly not your cup of tea.

Sadly, you will get plenty of that stupid nonsense around here (SSF in general) If you do not post "enough" on a thread, you have no say on stuff other people has been talking about for months and months.

Good on you if you like the base.

Thanks, admittedly I mostly collect Star Wars & Doctor Who but I've been buying Hot Toys & Kotobukiya Iron Man figures for a few years now plus the mini-busts Gentle Giant made too, with Sideshow going all out with their 1:4 scale maquettes & Gentle Giant now making 1:4 scale statues too I've decided to buy a few different examples but really want the mark III & VII suits the most, this statue looks worthy of owning, I do prefer the base they used for the mark 42 statue & I'd like the option of uniformity with my statues if given the choice, the Stark lettering base although creative, just didn't appeal to me much but now they've gone with the new base it speaks to me more & has got my curiosity as to the statues final developement peaked (hence why I'm here looking now & not just in the Hot Toys threads)..., having said that I'd have bought the statue with either base (I was just expressing my appreciation for the new base earlier). :)

Taking your idea a step further, have him landing on a piece of the Stark tower. ;)

trailer20047layer31.png
Exactly. Makes perfect sense. I only mentioned those ideas because it seems xm is trying to tap into his flight capabilities. I don't really see a need for IM to land on a broken girder in the street. Seems like he would just land on the street

Back