XM Studio 1/4 Avenger Iron Man Mark VII

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no issue with PO push backs if a company shows that it's taking the time to redesign/sort of out issues with a prototype after it's been shown to the fans. Is the extra wait annoying? Sure, a little bit, but at least XM keeps it's communication with collectors wide open with constant updates. If they kept everyone in the dark like other companies do it would make the wait much more frustrating.

I have no issue with PO push backs if a company shows that it's taking the time to redesign/sort of out issues with a prototype after it's been shown to the fans. Is the extra wait annoying? Sure, a little bit, but at least XM keeps it's communication with collectors wide open with constant updates. If they kept everyone in the dark like other companies do it would make the wait much more frustrating.

Yes but there is often a snowball effect with delays arising from re-work and young companies with aggressive schedules often get caught out. Worse is when quality starts to slip in order to make up 'lost time'.

I'm happy to wait a looong time and pay a lot of money for quality but not to get short-changed or jerked around at the last minute.

Anyway there's this HX Studios base on XM's facebook...

1901288_737848559618353_5836860121183076831_n.jpg

xm is way to expensive for what they give, I will never buy their statues ever. what makes them think they can charge more then double then sideshow...pathetic

Do your homework. The cost for someone in one of the 4 countries that XM can legally sell their products in is about $500 USD. The problem is they can't sell in North America directly so other retailers do the selling. What is killing North American an UK collectors are the shipping and import fees that are approaching $500 USD. Now I am not saying they aren't pricey pieces, but XM is out of Singapore, and maybe you shoud do some research before you ***** about what they "charge". Not the companies fault it is pricey to ship stuff halfway around the world.

Considering what they are capable of... https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...-studios-magneto-post7343135.html#post7343135 ...this is just a slap in the face really.

With the repeated PO push backs and rushed redesigns on the bases of this and Thanos I've been wondering if XM are becoming victims of their own success/ambition. Just how scalable is their design resource, production model and QA capability?

They nailed the base on Thanos in the end, and having been dealing with some growing pains. I got faith they will nail this base.

Yes but there is often a snowball effect with delays arising from re-work and young companies with aggressive schedules often get caught out. Worse is when quality starts to slip in order to make up 'lost time'.

I'm happy to wait a looong time and pay a lot of money for quality but not to get short-changed or jerked around at the last minute.

View attachment 154176

The HX base is awesome, but I wouldn't count this one out yet.

Considering what they are capable of... https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...-studios-magneto-post7343135.html#post7343135 ...this is just a slap in the face really.

With the repeated PO push backs and rushed redesigns on the bases of this and Thanos I've been wondering if XM are becoming victims of their own success/ambition. Just how scalable is their design resource, production model and QA capability?

Come on relax and be fair.

The other pieces are all comic, not movie. Like Ben Ang said it is hard doing movie characters. There is alot of restriction and the own creativity are caged.

View attachment 154176

1/6 scale from the Avengers Assemble line. A Toys Station (Thailand) exclusive

Come on relax and be fair.

The other pieces are all comic, not movie. Like Ben Ang said it is hard doing movie characters. There is alot of restriction and the own creativity are caged.

I am relaxed and I'm being fair. I said I'm happy to wait but don't want to get a sub-standard end product.

If you compare the Magneto throne base to the girder above...fairly...which one is better?

I just want this to be of a similar standard. Whether it's de-emphasised like the Cap base or over the top like the Cable base I just don't want a mediocre design to meet an internal deadline.

The HX base example is much more interesting. I'll just hope that XM come up with something better. I would hate to think "gawd that base is pretty average" every time I look at the statue.

I collect the figures not the base so I don't get the obsessiveness some people have for bases. Maybe enough of the complainers will cancel so I can get one.

Base is not finished yet for sure. That pile of debris may be the base for the standing Mark 7, but there is no point to place a flying Mark 7. I guess it's just a rough WIP. My 0.02, they can make him standing on a pile of dead kittens if the flying pose comes out good enough and not "forced".

I collect the figures not the base so I don't get the obsessiveness some people have for bases. Maybe enough of the complainers will cancel so I can get one.

Because the right base accentuates the piece where a crappy one takes away from it. XM seems to take a lot of pride in making the whole piece the best it can be. I like the fact people are passionate about XM's work and I bet XM is happy too.

XM prices are almost double SS for majority pieces, not considering shipping.

Which ones are similar to you?

Do your homework. The cost for someone in one of the 4 countries that XM can legally sell their products in is about $500 USD. The problem is they can't sell in North America directly so other retailers do the selling. What is killing North American an UK collectors are the shipping and import fees that are approaching $500 USD. Now I am not saying they aren't pricey pieces, but XM is out of Singapore, and maybe you shoud do some research before you ***** about what they "charge". Not the companies fault it is pricey to ship stuff halfway around the world.

Back