XM Studio 1/4 Avenger Iron Man Mark VII

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have heard decent things about Spec Fiction...

However, I placed a PO for XM's Thanos with them on 9/10/14 and then on 11/01/14 later I received an automated e-mail from them indicating my PO was cancelled because "they did not have enough stock to fulfill my order". No apology, no "thank you for your business"...no nothing. Now I understand that occasionally retailer are allocated a smaller amount of product than they initially ordered...stuff happens. But how you deliver that message to a customer can make all the difference in the world. In an effort to provide full disclosure, I should mention that my deposit was refunded. Nonetheless, the overall experience left me feeling concerned about placing another order with Spec Fiction. Fortunately I have found another contact to order XM Studios product...and my deposit for the Mark VII has been placed.

However, I placed a PO for XM's Thanos with them on 9/10/14 and then on 11/01/14 later I received an automated e-mail from them indicating my PO was cancelled because "they did not have enough stock to fulfill my order". No apology, no "thank you for your business"...no nothing. Now I understand that occasionally retailer are allocated a smaller amount of product than they initially ordered...stuff happens. But how you deliver that message to a customer can make all the difference in the world. In an effort to provide full disclosure, I should mention that my deposit was refunded. Nonetheless, the overall experience left me feeling concerned about placing another order with Spec Fiction. Fortunately I have found another contact to order XM Studios product...and my deposit for the Mark VII has been placed.

Would never use that company again if I experienced that, can't blame you.

Your complaint is definitely fair CT and I do apologize for the rather insincere cancellation email. Most people were sent personal emails thanking them and offering a discount code for their next purchase. I'm not really sure as to why you did not receive that email but I am truly sorry about that.

Anyways,the reason for the cancellation was due to a new policy put into effect AFTER I offered the pre order. Before Thanos, I was able to get a lot more XM pieces than I am currently able to get. Having said that, it is still my fault for putting up Thanos before I knew how many I would be getting. Obviously, I now wait until I I am certain of how many pieces I will be getting before I put them up in my store.

Your complaint is definitely fair CT and I do apologize for the rather insincere cancellation email. Most people were sent personal emails thanking them and offering a discount code for their next purchase. I'm not really sure as to why you did not receive that email but I am truly sorry about that.

Anyways,the reason for the cancellation was due to a new policy put into effect AFTER I offered the pre order. Before Thanos, I was able to get a lot more XM pieces than I am currently able to get. Having said that, it is still my fault for putting up Thanos before I knew how many I would be getting. Obviously, I now wait until I I am certain of how many pieces I will be getting before I put them up in my store.

I appreciate your response...you have provided some needed clarity regarding the situation.

I appreciate your response...you have provided some needed clarity regarding the situation.

Not a problem, I try my best to insure that kind of thing never happens and it is unfortunate that it happened to you. I have taken certain measures to insure it will never happen again, with all products in my store, not just XM. Thanks for understanding. The discount on future purchases still stands so if you ever feel like giving my store another shot please don't hesitate to get in touch. Thanks!

I had a similar problem with a Thanos preorder with SpecFiction. I put in a deposit down on September 5. In early December when the official Thanos preorder was starting I thought to contact SpecFiction to reconfirm my order. It was only then that I was told that my preorder could not be honored. Note this happened about one month after traylorc received a notification from SpecFiction in early November about his preorder being cancelled. SpecFiction did not send me a cancellation notice - the only reason I found out was because I contacted them. My deposit was refunded but still the lack of communication was not good.

Not a problem, I try my best to insure that kind of thing never happens and it is unfortunate that it happened to you. I have taken certain measures to insure it will never happen again, with all products in my store, not just XM. Thanks for understanding. The discount on future purchases still stands so if you ever feel like giving my store another shot please don't hesitate to get in touch. Thanks!

Thanks, for replying on the board. It puts my heart at ease, as I feel I may have gotten the VERY last order in on the XM MKVII from your store. Also, there are a few other pieces I'm eyeing on your shop as well. Is the shipping rate going to be the same for everyone? I live in Las Vegas and was wondering if it may be even a little lower since I'm next to Cali?

Thanks, for replying on the board. It puts my heart at ease, as I feel I may have gotten the VERY last order in on the XM MKVII from your store. Also, there are a few other pieces I'm eyeing on your shop as well. Is the shipping rate going to be the same for everyone? I live in Las Vegas and was wondering if it may be even a little lower since I'm next to Cali?

Unfortunately the cost is the same price anywhere in the US as they are shipped direct from Singapore to my customers. Let me Know if you have any other questions

Excuse my ignorance, but when did XM Thor go up for Preorder? Now that I saw that it has the spinning Hammer like Bowen's 1/6 scale version, I really want it!

Excuse my ignorance, but when did XM Thor go up for Preorder? Now that I saw that it has the spinning Hammer like Bowen's 1/6 scale version, I really want it!

It has not officially gone up for PO yet, XM Thor that is.

How are people PO it then? I assume through 'friends in higher places?' :wink1:

If you have spent over $3000 SGD at Simple Toys you get Elite status which allows you to pre-pre-order through them...

Guys like Kenny, Mark, Tim etc... have a general idea of how many they're going to get so they also allow you to pre-pre-order..... I'm sure they stay on the side of caution so they don't sell what they won't have, so when XM does announce the Edition Size they might have some extra ones to sell so lots of these guys also have wait lists that you can jump on.

Bottom Line is if you haven't made a relationship with one of these guys or stores then it's going to be extremely tough to get XM statues in the future other then Ebay which you will pay dearly for...

If you have spent over $3000 SGD at Simple Toys you get Elite status which allows you to pre-pre-order through them...

Guys like Kenny, Mark, Tim etc... have a general idea of how many they're going to get so they also allow you to pre-pre-order..... I'm sure they stay on the side of caution so they don't sell what they won't have, so when XM does announce the Edition Size they might have some extra ones to sell so lots of these guys also have wait lists that you can jump on.

Bottom Line is if you haven't made a relationship with one of these guys or stores then it's going to be extremely tough to get XM statues in the future other then Ebay which you will pay dearly for...

Gotcha, and thank you for the honest answer. I've been extremely unlucky and have not been able to get a single XM piece before they are sold out :(. Here is hoping for Thor, Cable, and the Dio set.

Gotcha, and thank you for the honest answer. I've been extremely unlucky and have not been able to get a single XM piece before they are sold out :(. Here is hoping for Thor, Cable, and the Dio set.

If you do your homework and get things ready you could improve your chances. Try every avenue to get yourself in the Pre Pre-Order group.

If you do your homework and get things ready you could improve your chances. Try every avenue to get yourself in the Pre Pre-Order group.

Yeah, going forward this looks like a possibility for me thanks to dan350zr (thanks again :yess:). It's too late for Thor and Cable, so my only chances are to snag one via simplytoys/BBTs, which in my experience is not likely, but I won't give up!

Back