XM Predator by Narin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah - hope they DO take guidance/direction from our man Narin - the dude can hella-sure paint . . .

(* the Wolverine is a piece he painted for me *)

19225527_1378851215531668_2952451872448783169_n.jpg

10351329_731942850222511_3460941018286859323_n.jpg

19260559_1378854038864719_1069782564979277075_n.jpg

15259262_1178315382251920_3141811389009319591_o.jpg

14212063_1101250609958398_5450300907558169279_n.jpg

13221641_1027873193962807_3031349662911992579_n.jpg

And the Ghost Rider - which would normally be a 100% guaranteed purchase given my love of the character, was spoiled by their decision to go with flame wheels and painted flames.

Just curious, did you see the leaked picture of the XM Ghost Rider prototype that they cast in clear resin prior to doing the painted version? It looked like **** IMO. I'm personally glad they didn't go ahead with that. I often like clear resin flames (see Lobo), but there was too much flames and it ended up looking.... cheap. IMO of course. Plus clear resin is much softer than resin so there were major potential leaning issues. I'll try to find the photo for you.

I'll wait for prime

This is the other factor affecting sales of course. The Prime 1 versions will probably be cheaper and easier to obtain for most people.

Yeah - hope they DO take guidance/direction from our man Narin - the dude can hella-sure paint . . .

(* the Wolverine is a piece he painted for me *)

*snip*

Congrats, Wolvie looks incredible! As do the Preds.

Just curious, did you see the leaked picture of the XM Ghost Rider prototype that they cast in clear resin prior to doing the painted version? It looked like **** IMO. I'm personally glad they didn't go ahead with that. I often like clear resin flames (see Lobo), but there was too much flames and it ended up looking.... cheap. IMO of course. Plus clear resin is much softer than resin so there were major potential leaning issues. I'll try to find the photo for you. . . .

I agree - the way they did the clear/tinted resin didn't work either.

BUT - it CAN be done well (Lobo as you mentioned, plus the Sideshow Villafane Ghost Rider maquettes).

AND it would have been way better (for me) if they had gone with proper bike wheels with flame licking around & off them.

Everybody who own it loves it though - so it's all good.

I agree - the way they did the clear/tinted resin didn't work either.

BUT - it CAN be done well (Lobo as you mentioned, plus the Sideshow Villafane Ghost Rider maquettes).

AND it would have been way better (for me) if they had gone with proper bike wheels with flame licking around & off them.

Everybody who own it loves it though - so it's all good.

I would have been interested to see what it would look like with the bike wheels too, although I love it anyway. I'm sort of 50-50 on clear resin vs resin most of the time. Sometimes I really like clear resin, and sometimes I prefer resin. Prime 1 teased a Ghost Rider quite a while ago and they use a lot of clear resin on their pieces. So I'm guessing they would go all out with clear resin flames.

Back to the XM Pred. It will be interesting to see the final paint app for this piece, because the kind of paint app that predators require is completely different to anything we've seen XM do before. I'm guessing/hoping that Narin will either do the prototype paint or that he will be involved somehow.

Back to the XM Pred. It will be interesting to see the final paint app for this piece, because the kind of paint app that predators require is completely different to anything we've seen XM do before. I'm guessing/hoping that Narin will either do the prototype paint or that he will be involved somehow.

Very much looking forward to seeing the XM Predator painted.
I wonder what color scheme/pattern they will use for the skin and crown.

really looking forward to seeing this painted, wonder what the price will be though, my mr's has seen me looking at this and went straight to qvc looking at expensive bags so either way it's going to cost me:(

really looking forward to seeing this painted, wonder what the price will be though, my mr's has seen me looking at this and went straight to qvc looking at expensive bags so either way it's going to cost me:(

Yeah - never understood that :dunno

What is it with women and bags? . . . . . or SHOES for that matter?

1 pair of heels, 1 pair of flats, 1 pair of runners - done! (and the Wife should make do with the same :chase )

I'm a Marvel, DC and Star Wars guy but am seriously considering this. Love XM and this looks fantastic. Only thing that's giving me 2nd thoughts is the size.

Back