XM Predator by Narin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No movie or comic, they just said to Narin do the best Predator you can. Narin said there are many switchout parts incoming, an helmet head too.

Thanks. In that case, I'll pass. Nothing wrong with this, it's an awesome sculpt, but much like the Alien King from Sideshow, if I'm gonna spend this sort of money I'd rather buy a piece based on an existing movie character.

Thanks. In that case, I'll pass. Nothing wrong with this, it's an awesome sculpt, but much like the Alien King from Sideshow, if I'm gonna spend this sort of money I'd rather buy a piece based on an existing movie character.

Couldn't agree more. His best work to me is The Encounter though.

To think that -this- piece could've dressed like the ones from AVP...

Maybe, but I still preferred his earlier armor designs over this piece (Death Warrior to be precise). Unless there're switch-out parts which he wears armor and mask with super complex patterns though.

This has definitely grown on me, but with the announcement of the screen accurate P1/CP collaboration. And the tease of a 1/3 Big chap (we can probably expect the same treatment for Predators also) I am not likely to actually buy this XM offering. It's sure to be very imposing and generally awesome for those who do get it however, I look forward to many in hand pictures down the line.

This has definitely grown on me, but with the announcement of the screen accurate P1/CP collaboration. And the tease of a 1/3 Big chap (we can probably expect the same treatment for Predators also) I am not likely to actually buy this XM offering. It's sure to be very imposing and generally awesome for those who do get it however, I look forward to many in hand pictures down the line.

Agreed.
There's no doubt this will be an amazing piece, but being produced by XM, and no license to distribute in my neck of the woods, means it will cost over and beyond what it is worth.

Getting one that has a chip or break (happened to me on an XM piece :( ) is a real headache to deal with. It's a big gamble.

Maybe, but I still preferred his earlier armor designs over this piece (Death Warrior to be precise). Unless there're switch-out parts which he wears armor and mask with super complex patterns though.

Yeah - that would be cool.

Even if it doesn't happen on THIS piece, I have a strong suspicion this collaboration between Narin & XM is not going to be a one-off - so there's always next time (or the time after and the time after that . . . etc.) :wink1:

I will continue to "hold out" for a perfect representation of the original Jungle Hunter...the Cinamaquette or original Sideshow Predator Maquette are examples.

I really, REALLY wanted to like Sideshow's latest Predator, but there were just too many WTH things wrong with it for me to preorder.

I'm really looking forward to this as well as anything Prime 1/Coolprops will be putting out. I'm definitely going to be steering my collection in more of an Alien/Predator direction from now on, since we are being given so many choices. I also think the added competition from several companies holding the license will be great for collectors. Exciting times!

this is a really nice statue but what from I have read here it only ships from asia with limited EU distribution so postage would astronomical I guess but if paint app was good I would like it

I may just get enough sold off, with enough space made and progress made on other things to get this. Already have a place holder so now it's just a matter of price. This is probably at the top of my list right now.

I can't wait to see this painted, as well as how they handle the mixed media. I'm pretty sure they already said that the netting would be fabric, but I'm also hoping they use metal for the spear and blades.

Guesses at this point would be:

• Rubberized material for the dreds.
  • Metal for the wristblades AND spear.
  • Leather & cloth (and possibly metal) for the groin area.
  • Real netting IF they go that route - many of Narin's pieces don't HAVE netting.

Do these fellas do light effects? - if so - could see the plasma canon, masked head & control panel making use of those.

I don't care though - looks awesome as-is :)

Luvvly Jubbly . . .

Pretty sure their 1:4 Iron Man didn't have a light up AR so highly unlikely.
Hate rubber on collectables I intend to keep for a long time.

Back