XM Captain America - The Honorary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Some recently taken photos of XM Studios Captain America - Sentinel of Liberty. Displayable with either modern or retro portraits and shield, set atop a bronze-like finish base with intricate carvings (you can spot our first Captain America Statue design in there!) This is a Simply Toys Exclusive available for PO at Simply Toys and all Simply Toys outlets. Heard from the folks it's fast selling out so if you haven't ordered this, head over there before it's all gone!"

XM Studios Facebook --- XM Studios Europe Facebook

14581445_176117310743lirlc.jpg

14729126_176117310410eeqvz.jpg

14732313_176117311077u5p6m.jpg

14611017_176117314077w3qqm.jpg

14570473_176117313743vwo6t.jpg

14718772_176117314410jsrdl.jpg

14731232_176117318410cyrwa.jpg

From the XM Rep :D

Hi guys, originally it was 500 but we had bump it up to 750 to go with the 75 years anniversary for Captain America in 2016 - in conjunction with all the Marvel marketing activities such as https://marvel.com/news/video_games/26348/marvel_games_celebrates_captain_americas_75th_anniverary . First batch is highly possible to ship in Jan 2017 - that is if we manage to beat the Chinese New Year break (which starts from mid Jan) or else it would be end Feb.

First time I have seen XM bump an ES up. I know that wasn't suppose to happen, but I bet the House of Mouse asked for it given the 750 number and the 75th Anniversary.

Guarentee it was Marvel (Disney)

So while Marvel may have been involved it seems it wasn't entirely them. This is an interesting read

Hey guys, I understand the concerns about the raising of the ES. Here's an account of what happened.

When we first announced the project collaboration back in early 2015, the original number both Simplytoys and XM discussed was at 500. Context is important - at that point in time which is Feb 2015, many things were yet to be finalized, such as number of switch out parts, base design of the statue, (even the name was still Honorary Capt and not Sentinel of Liberty) even whether Simplytoys is the only distributor or if they would share it with another distributor.

By late 2015, due to awareness of Captain America's 75th year anniversary marketing initiatives in 2016, we discussed with ST on producing total of 750. ST still has 500 allocated to them which hasn't changed, but XM will reserve 250 not meant for public sale. The objective was to both complement the 75th anniversary marketing initiatives as well as allow us to produce more pieces for special events and marketing initiatives (such a giving away pieces to Avengers contests or supporting charity auctions with local organizers which we have not shared publicly).

And the next part is probably where the mismanagement of expectations happened. As this piece is meant for ST to sell, XM did not publicize or sell it. XM didn't announce the final 750 ES as we were anticipating ST to market it in their own manner and fashion (they had ideas about opening for PO on specific days across all their retail outlets etc). I would also assume people who made orders from ST would have checked with them about the final specs and ES before making the purchase.

Nevertheless, I admit there should have been better management on the marketing aspects of Capt A. It is a first time we are doing this with ST so we definitely learnt something. But it wasn't a last min decision to increase post PO as some people misunderstood - the ES decision was made way before PO. We will never increase ES after PO and this is a promise we will continue to keep.

To folks who are concerned because there are 250 pcs more Cap, my first assurance is these 250 pcs aren't meant for public or retail. Technically there are only 500 pieces for sale by ST. If we had wanted to sell the 250, you would have seen them for PO in the last 3 major conventions XM was at. As mentioned earlier, these extra 250 will be used for special events, charity and partner support - simply put and possibly what the concerned folks want to hear - these 250 will not be easily accessible on the market (you'd have waaaay more luck securing one from ST).

We don't actually encourage folks to buy products (any, not just ours) at inflated prices (after all it's the flippers who are earning not us) so I don't think it's fair to pin paying above retail on producers. IMO, if you want to pay more to get something you want, that's a decision only you can make - and something you should do without regrets. What's important is to buy what you like, pay what you deem is reasonable (which is different for everyone) and love the hobby for what it is and don't forget to enjoy the friendships you and I have made along the way.

I love you guys. <3

They reduced the ES on the last 4-5 more expensive statues, so I bet they're TOTALLY bumping the ES on this cheaper one because of greed.
/sarcasm

Yeah. And this confirms what I thought, which is they never actually announced an ES in the first place. And as I wrote on the other forum, the last comment on it was that XM thought it would be 500, but they were looking into maybe a couple hundred pieces for Premium members and such. So anyone who bought this because of an ES of 500 simply convinced themselves that was the ES.

Well, for those waiting for something to complain about, they are latching onto this. It's no different for any company. A lot of people just like to stir **** or find something to be offended and outraged over.

Yeah. And this confirms what I thought, which is they never actually announced an ES in the first place. And as I wrote on the other forum, the last comment on it was that XM thought it would be 500, but they were looking into maybe a couple hundred pieces for Premium members and such. So anyone who bought this because of an ES of 500 simply convinced themselves that was the ES.

Not really. This was shorudan's post when the concept was introduced. Why would anyone assume it would be higher?

Quote Originally Posted by shorudan View Post
A quick background story on this capt; When our first capt came out, it actually took us about a year to sell out 500 pieces! We were relatively unknown then but some local distributors took a chance on us. As early as then, there were discussions on a Disti exclusive capt as our way of saying thanks. That's the story of this 2nd capt and that's why it's only 500es. It's a special tribute to our early believer partners and not something we came up with recently. Just thought we should clear the air.

Not really. This was shorudan's post when the concept was introduced. Why would anyone assume it would be higher?

Quote Originally Posted by shorudan View Post
A quick background story on this capt; When our first capt came out, it actually took us about a year to sell out 500 pieces! We were relatively unknown then but some local distributors took a chance on us. As early as then, there were discussions on a Disti exclusive capt as our way of saying thanks. That's the story of this 2nd capt and that's why it's only 500es. It's a special tribute to our early believer partners and not something we came up with recently. Just thought we should clear the air.

But a forum post is not an announcement is the point. Like I said, he later said that they were looking into raising it, so then that post would be just as valid, no? People can't have it both ways.

So more collectors will be able to get one and not just flippers. People need to relax, especially when SS ES's are in the thousands.

So more collectors will be able to get one and not just flippers. People need to relax, especially when SS ES's are in the thousands.

Only one person expressed frustration over this, and I understand why. He paid a premium, and felt that with 250 extra he could have got it for retail. Now we hear that the extra 250 are for special events, so chances are the higher ES wouldn't have made it easier to obtain one for retail.

Nothing to see here folks. A question was asked and answered.

Only one person expressed frustration over this, and I understand why. He paid a premium, and felt that with 250 extra he could have got it for retail. Now we hear that the extra 250 are for special events, so chances are the higher ES wouldn't have made it easier to obtain one for retail.

I think for most US collectors, getting it at retail will be difficult and this will still be very pricey in the aftermarket. If anything I may sell mine for what I paid. Depends how many more amazing pieces P1 puts up for PO.

The issue is so rarely the initial question or concern, but the horde that descends afterward.

I like the face sculpt on this one.

I just like everything about this Captain over their last one.

Back