Statue XM 1/4 scale STORM

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m pretty sure Grumpy is an employee for XM. It’s not like sideshow doesn’t have employees in the forums. I don’t see a problem at all in what he’s doing. He just post pics. He’s harmless

I’m pretty sure Grumpy is an employee for XM. It’s not like sideshow doesn’t have employees in the forums. I don’t see a problem at all in what he’s doing. He just post pics. He’s harmless

The thing is he refuses to admit that.

C'mon ...its only pics. I love looking at the pics. Especially pics of pieces I like, but decided not to get. I don't see any harm.

The thing is he refuses to admit that.

He definitely works for XM. He promotes the discount sales, where to buy the statues and updated information with pics. He never once showed a statue he owned with his own pics. Always talks down on other companies... It’s very annoying to say the least.

You guys are just now realizing grumpy is XM’s Director of internet marketing??
I called this ***** out over a year ago :rotfl

He definitely works for XM. He promotes the discount sales, where to buy the statues and updated information with pics. He never once showed a statue he owned with his own pics. Always talks down on other companies... It’s very annoying to say the least.

Again...so what? If someone who worked for sideshow was posting pics in the sideshow threads...would you be complaining? It seems to me you are taking this forum's name too literally. It's a statue and toy forum. Sideshow doesn't own this forum. At this point, the complaints are starting to sound like sour grapes and somehow personal. You guys can hate on Grumpy all you want. I'm thankful whenever a member posts pics here or on other forums.

Again...so what? If someone who worked for sideshow was posting pics in the sideshow threads...would you be complaining? It seems to me you are taking this forum's name too literally. It's a statue and toy forum. Sideshow doesn't own this forum. At this point, the complaints are starting to sound like sour grapes and somehow personal. You guys can hate on Grumpy all you want. I'm thankful whenever a member posts pics here or on other forums.

I'm with you. more pics please...I don't care who they're from.

it's ok to like his pics, but Grumpy is disingenuous and should pay to advertise like every promoter / company on this forum :)

it's ok to like his pics, but Grumpy is disingenuous and should pay to advertise like every promoter / company on this forum :)

How is posting pics disingenuous? He's not providing links or breaking the forum rules. If he was, he'd be banned. It seems some here have personal issues with him and would like to create new rules just for him to post pics here. If the people in charge of the freaks forum have no problems or issues with his posts/pics, then I certainly don't as well. Quite the opposite, I appreciate seeing so many pics from different angles on a statue.

How is posting pics disingenuous? He's not providing links or breaking the forum rules. If he was, he'd be banned. It seems some here have personal issues with him and would like to create new rules just for him to post pics here. If the people in charge of the freaks forum have no problems or issues with his posts/pics, then I certainly don't as well. Quite the opposite, I appreciate seeing so many pics from different angles on a statue.

that's your opinion and you're welcome to it, but he doesn't just post pics. my opinion is that grumpy is disingenuous because he's marketing XM aggressively while pretending to be "just a fan". Why does calling him out upset you?

Grumpy copies and pastes XM's marketing message for every piece at the top (over and over again) and provides zero personal "fan" commentary. never seen 1 other person in 3 years do this over and over.

go to pages 16 and 13, the marketing is beautiful, all the text is well framed and centered, pictures properly sized and centered :rotfl

Here's his post on page 13, pasting XM's marketing materials followed by XM Marketing pictures (and he does this on all the XM pieces every few pages)

"The Goddess of weather, Ororo aka Storm from the X-Men will be up for PO tonight on our website!”

"Retailing at SGD990, the XM Storm statue features 2 display options; 1 attacking with her powers and 1 completely different mood where Storm is relishing and enjoying her powers. This project was delayed as we wanted to find a way to create the cape to link to the hands for closer accuracy to the comics and we are happy to say, mission accomplished! We've also taken many feedback on paint scheme (Thank you to all who provided valuable feedback) and ultimately decided on this striking combination of white and light accents of silver/grey.

As with our new PO system, Storm will be open for 2 weeks for online orders and final ES determined after we consolidate orders from distributors, keeping this piece made-to-order, based on demand so don't miss out on this beautiful piece! Enjoy the photos and stand a chance to win a special Art Print signed by the XM core art team simply by making 1 comment, tagging a friend and sharing this post! 1 lucky winner will be chosen from the comments list!"

The above is 100% XM Marketing. He adds none of his own personal "fan" commentary that 99.99% of us would post. and this is consistent with all his posts.

best part is he'll bump threads of slow selling XM pieces that have been dead for several months to post XM marketing pics etc, again with zero personal commentary.

that's your opinion and you're welcome to it, but he doesn't just post pics. my opinion is that grumpy is disingenuous because he's marketing XM aggressively while pretending to be "just a fan". Why does calling him out upset you?

Grumpy copies and pastes XM's marketing message for every piece at the top (over and over again) and provides zero personal "fan" commentary. never seen 1 other person in 3 years do this over and over.

go to pages 16 and 13, the marketing is beautiful, all the text is well framed and centered, pictures properly sized and centered :rotfl

Here's his post on page 13, pasting XM's marketing materials followed by XM Marketing pictures (and he does this on all the XM pieces every few pages)

"The Goddess of weather, Ororo aka Storm from the X-Men will be up for PO tonight on our website!”

"Retailing at SGD990, the XM Storm statue features 2 display options; 1 attacking with her powers and 1 completely different mood where Storm is relishing and enjoying her powers. This project was delayed as we wanted to find a way to create the cape to link to the hands for closer accuracy to the comics and we are happy to say, mission accomplished! We've also taken many feedback on paint scheme (Thank you to all who provided valuable feedback) and ultimately decided on this striking combination of white and light accents of silver/grey.

As with our new PO system, Storm will be open for 2 weeks for online orders and final ES determined after we consolidate orders from distributors, keeping this piece made-to-order, based on demand so don't miss out on this beautiful piece! Enjoy the photos and stand a chance to win a special Art Print signed by the XM core art team simply by making 1 comment, tagging a friend and sharing this post! 1 lucky winner will be chosen from the comments list!"

The above is 100% XM Marketing. He adds none of his own personal "fan" commentary that 99.99% of us would post. and this is consistent with all his posts.

best part is he'll bump threads of slow selling XM pieces that have been dead for several months to post XM marketing pics etc, again with zero personal commentary.

Again, none of this is against forum rules. If you (and others like you) have an issue with it and want to "call him out", that's your prerogative. I really don't care. I just don't understand your stance or why it bothers you so much. It's just pics or info on XM merchandise. The exact same thing happens in the sideshow threads (and others). Preview pics are posted, con pics are posted, questions are asked and answered, and PO info as well as marketing info is shared. Who cares who's posting it? There are plenty of company employees who are members on forums to push their companies products and most people appreciate them for answering question, providing pics, and providing product info. Not only are they not viewed as disingenuous, but they are welcomed with open arms. Alex and Igo (SSC), Jerry (PCS), Sosa (Prototypez), and Gronk (Koto) are just a few company Reps/employees that are also forum members who come on the boards to push their products and don't take part in normal forum discussions or post a single pic of their collections (if they even have one). They are members of forums with the sole purpose of marketing their respective companies merch. So, if you want to call out Grumpy, by all means, have at it. I'm not here to defend Grumpy. I'm just thankful to any member who provides pics and info on merchandise I'm interested in.

I so cannot wait to get this piece. It’s just grown on me more and more. Good post from Filip629 making some good points there! I just love seeing pictures of new and old stuff promotion or individual posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I so cannot wait to get this piece. It’s just grown on me more and more. Good post from Filip629 making some good points there! I just love seeing pictures of new and old stuff promotion or individual posts.

TAGCC is the next con we'll be seeing pics from. I'm looking forward to seeing more picks of HULKbuster and Storm. I just wish we could finally see picks of XM's new transformation HULK statue. I've been dying to add a 1/4 green HULK statue that I love to my collection because I haven't liked either of the HULK PFs from sideshow. Also looking forward to seeing their Colossus. So many cool characters coming from XM.

As for Storm, I can see why you like her so much Kain. She's a gorgeous statue. Her face and body are just stellar. I'm personally trying to build a Byrne X-MEN lineup of 6 characters (Colossus, Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, Phoenix, and Nightcrawler). I've got the XM Phoenix and the Wolverine Com. Still need Cyclops, Storm, Colossus, and Nightcrawler. The sideshow Storm PF looks nice and is in the black costume I need but after seeing this XM Storm, it feels underwhelming to me. I'm so on the fence with the XM Storm strictly because she looks so phenomenal. The thing is with this piece, I really think it's going to be hard to get it later in the aftermarket for a fair price. I was able to get Phoenix for a good price later in the aftermarket but this white Storm is special for 2 reasons. One it looks lights out and second, everyone that has a sideshow Jim Lee X-MEN PF lineup needs a white Lee Storm for their collection since sideshow didn't release a white PF and abandoned the Lee PF lineup, this will be a must have piece. To top it all off, XM won't make more than 999 of these so it's not like there's going to be thousands of these released and the aftermarket is going to be flooded with them. These factors give me the gut feeling that this piece will be in pretty high demand down the line.

Again, none of this is against forum rules. If you (and others like you) have an issue with it and want to "call him out", that's your prerogative. I really don't care. I just don't understand your stance or why it bothers you so much. It's just pics or info on XM merchandise. The exact same thing happens in the sideshow threads (and others). Preview pics are posted, con pics are posted, questions are asked and answered, and PO info as well as marketing info is shared. Who cares who's posting it? There are plenty of company employees who are members on forums to push their companies products and most people appreciate them for answering question, providing pics, and providing product info. Not only are they not viewed as disingenuous, but they are welcomed with open arms. Alex and Igo (SSC), Jerry (PCS), Sosa (Prototypez), and Gronk (Koto) are just a few company Reps/employees that are also forum members who come on the boards to push their products and don't take part in normal forum discussions or post a single pic of their collections (if they even have one). They are members of forums with the sole purpose of marketing their respective companies merch. So, if you want to call out Grumpy, by all means, have at it. I'm not here to defend Grumpy. I'm just thankful to any member who provides pics and info on merchandise I'm interested in.

great, glad you agree grumpy is an XM dealer or reseller who pushes XM products for personal gain. Now we're on the same page :)

I'm very tempted to order this beautiful statue, i have always wanted a storm for my collection. My only concern is that my display cabinets are white and i am worried she might get a little washed out. Anybody have pics of a white statue in a white display?

I'm very tempted to order this beautiful statue, i have always wanted a storm for my collection. My only concern is that my display cabinets are white and i am worried she might get a little washed out. Anybody have pics of a white statue in a white display?

I have XM Lizard. Doesn’t look washed out at all. I also believe Storm is Pearl White with silver grey accents so it should still stand out. But I’m guessing you want her displayed in either a Besta or Stuva or Pax? You could Spray the inside Grey which I’m gonna do for this piece

I have XM Lizard. Doesn’t look washed out at all. I also believe Storm is Pearl White with silver grey accents so it should still stand out. But I’m guessing you want her displayed in either a Besta or Stuva or Pax? You could Spray the inside Grey which I’m gonna do for this piece

Yes i will have her inna white stuva.. i know i could use a different shade of light or use some paint or something but it would really bother me to have one cube different from the others. Might just have to put her on top

Back