Xensation Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I'm new on this forum and I'm french, so sorry for my english. Can you tell me what is this Jamie next to Tyrion? Is that a xensation too or a custom? Thanks for your answer.
This Jaime looks like the sculpt I bought from Waruna Weligamage on Facebook mon ami... it's definitely a custom job.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It?s the worst, no question about it. Happy to support the line though if it means we get another couple of figures similar in quality to Davis and Tywin.

Yup my thinking exact. No question it’s the worst and if it were theeezero I would be hammering on them about as hard as I could but I’ll admit I give a bit more runway to these guys because I know it’s more of a passion project and they are really reasonably priced and I’ve watched that company really get leaps and bounds better while Threezero marginally improves and then goes and takes 6 steps back again.

It also helps that this is probably the most meh character been made in figure form (my opinion of course) I guess Davos was also kind of meh but I do find him LoTR developed likable and central to the plot than Bron even though they both kind of wound up in the same place at the end. Nothing against the guy really just hard to get excited about a figure if this character.

If the figure kicked ass it would help though the fact that it’s so bad doesn’t help.

Oof!

Great pictures there, Pizza. Thanks.

But that figure is a mess,imo. I don't think there's anything there to even salvage. Talk about a quick and massive decline from Tywin and Davos to this. The sculpt ain't doing it, the body is weird and strangely proportioned, the tunic is crap, along with the accessories, etc.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I actually wanted to share this because I put a ton of work into it and it's barely anything that seems worth it lol. As previously mentioned its jut a pretty big fail.

In full honesty if the head wasn't the size of a pea I'd be more motivated to repaint the whole thing and work with this more but it's just not really salvageable

- I replaced the body with a skinnier body and different padding to try and match the size of the head better.
- I weathered the boots
- I resculpted and repainted the sides and widows peak of his hair to get rid of that abrupt plopped-on looking hair piece. Still there but better.
- I repainted the eyes, beard, eyebrows and hairline for better accuracy and realism. Literally all of those things were exactly wrong. Remember my little tip I'd say getting eyebrows right makes up for like 25% of lio=kness possibility with paint and if you ask me about 75% of even the gifted pointers look past this and just follow the sculpt or do their own thing. This is what the best of the best do differently. Rant over!
- replaced his weird blue scarf thingy with accurate gray
- Lastly I sandpapered the hell out of the whole outfit. Anyone can do this and I recommend it at a bare minumum. Rough sandpaper, fine sandpaper it doesn't matter go fast and go hard and go nuts. This makes the leather look way less cheap and shiny.

Its a good thing I have absolute apathy for this character otherwise I would be bummed. Xensation please pick it up for the next one.

Looks good Raymond. Definitely closer to the character.

Hopefully ThreeZero will produce S7 Dany before they move on to another license. Then Xensation could fill in with Ygritte, Varys, Littlefinger, Sansa, Missandei, Oberyn, Khal Diogo, King Robert and The Mountain.

Last edited:
The body swap is also huge help. And the repaint, of course.

But that jacket is the most troubling for me. A replacement -- if the character warranted it -- would go a long way to bringing some realism to that figure.

Yup my thinking exact. No question it’s the worst and if it were theeezero I would be hammering on them about as hard as I could but I’ll admit I give a bit more runway to these guys because I know it’s more of a passion project and they are really reasonably priced and I’ve watched that company really get leaps and bounds better while Threezero marginally improves and then goes and takes 6 steps back again.

It also helps that this is probably the most meh character been made in figure form (my opinion of course) I guess Davos was also kind of meh but I do find him LoTR developed likable and central to the plot than Bron even though they both kind of wound up in the same place at the end. Nothing against the guy really just hard to get excited about a figure if this character.

If the figure kicked ass it would help though the fact that it’s so bad doesn’t help.

Bronn is a meh character? He's like a top 5 character for me, had some of the best lines in the entire series....Greyworm on the other hand is very meh

So disappointed in this one. Opened it. Looked at it. Put it back in the box.

Headsculpt not bad but it’s tiny.

Everything else needs to be replaced. Body proportions not right. Weird fat suit. Cheap pleather pants and top coat. Hard plastic boots.

The BEST thing about the figure is the diecast sword...and I was too disgusted with the figure to check references to see if they even got that right :ohbfrank:

I actually enjoy having Bronn- he’s got a pretty basic design and he’s a pretty basic figure. I just hope both company’s keep churning out more GoT releases because my collection feels far from complete

A51F4928-5DC7-4F28-AA1D-B76295896030.jpeg

161FA772-612C-4073-99CF-8B7F268B85E7.jpeg

2DD67C91-D690-4C27-91A2-FFE94315C328.jpeg

D990F66D-C51B-467D-937F-2B9B78D14D95.jpeg

Here he is! Die cast dagger and helmet. Much, much improved from the Bronn effort. Instant pre order for me.

not bad to expose it behind daenerys s8, but i don't preorder, i want to see photos "in hands"

Back