X-Files: The Lone Gunmen 12" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good news and Bad news. The bad first: Sideshow didn't make them. The Good news: Sideshow did make the head sculpts and the costuming for the figures. Basically the unpainted prototype heads were never combined to the clothed, headless bodies. They were 80% made.

How do I know this? At Comic-Con, they had a video playing about the web team. First it showed a HALO Brosnan Bond (also scrapped I think). I thought, oh a new Bond figure. Then it went to the Lone gunmen and I was stunned! I asked Chris and another girl and the web booth about them. They hadn't even seen the video or knew anything about it, and they were X-Files fans!

A few minutes later I spotted Brant, so I asked him. Of course he had the answer. He said they were a go until the line started to die. He said it was really painful to let them go. They were going to be a three pack and Frohike even was going to be on a shorter body. He said one of them came in to see the progess (don't remember which one).

So, who else would like to see them get made? Sideshow's done all the work but painting the protos and producing them. With a second film coming out, I hope there is enough re-newed interest to get these three made at least as a site exclusive. Brant said it was about a 5% chance of being made, so we got a better shot at this Crusade.

BTW, Dusty or Brant or whoever has access to that video(s) from the web booth PLEASE post them here or at least on the Sideshow site. It looked like a lot of work went into it with interviews and everything, but we obviously didn't hear anything at the con.

I'd rather they did the Flukeman, Deep Throat or X before they did Larry, Curly and Moe.

I got my Scully and Mulder and passed on the others.

That being said, if the Lone Gunmen were offered by Sideshow, I'd blindly pre-order them tomorrow.

So that's my *yes* vote.

Please please please please please please please please please let the Lone Gunmen come out.

The were relatively minor characters in the show but among the portion of the fanbase that would buy action figures they're extremely popular because us action figure buyers are nerds and we love nerdy characters like Byers, Langley and Frohike.

Basically, you really can't say "the Lone Gunmen were in 10% of the X-Files episode so they'll only sell 10% as many figures as Mulder & Scully".

I wonder if there is any way of finding out who sculpted them in the first place and asking nicely is said sculptor would do a limited run of re-casts of the heads.

They're never going to come out now - realistically. At least let some use be gotten out of those sculpts for those of us who are happy to pay for the re-casting.

Bodies, clothes are all easily accessible elsewhere but to get those sculpts...

Someone must know something or maybe they're part of the conspiracy too?

I'd like to see better Mulder & Scully sculpts more than anything but I'd be intrested in figures of The Lone Gunmen too,especially if they were sold as a 3-pack.

I'm crying...right now.

Finding out about that is heart-breaking but at least we know they were making them, and as you said, with the second movie coming out, who knows? It could become a reality. We'll make some noise.

I have all of them (and had to pay through the nose for Krycek and Skinner!) so I would definitely preorder these.

With Skinner and Krycek having an ES of only 500 I don't think anything we say will get these produced. :monkey2

Would be great to see these released, but I doubt it. Not a money maker for SS. All the old lines can't compete with Star Wars, Marvel & LOTR.

I would order them in a heartbeat. I have one of each character released so far (except frank black) and plan to get the others at some time in the future - other things just keep jumping ahead in my collecting wishlist ;p I do however own the Lone Gunman spinoff series on DVD (along with all 9 seasons of the X-Files - still to get Millenium).

Maybe con specials ? If both the sculpt and the clothing was done then the risk is pretty low - after all the R&D costs have already been done so doing them as ultra limited like Skinner & Krycek should more than cover the costs. The fact those two are now pricey on the secondary market may make them even more attractive.

This is just incredibly sad news. I would buy a Lone Gunmen set without question. They have to be made eventually, my X-Files figures wouldn't be complete without them. I really hope that second movie gets off the ground, it might be the only way they'd make them.
:monkey2

Seems to me that Sideshow needs to sell at least 300 figures to break even, since that is what they did with Patient Zero and some other really limited figures. So if they could get 300-500 of these to sell, I could definately see them being made.

If we cry loud enough for these I suspect we would have a chance. I mean MOST of the work is already done for them. Would be a nice way for Sideshow to cash in on those sculpts that are already made.

So what would we pay for them? $150? If the really limited figures are $50 or so (Slave Brent) then $150 for the gunmen wouldn't be unrealistic. Still would be cheaper than the Endor Commandos.

xffeaturelone1yr5.jpg

I think they'd sell better than Krycek and Skinner and those two figures not only sold through their small runs but became pretty pricey on the secondary market.

Like I said, these characters appeal to the inherent nerdiness of action figure collecting.

Often imitated, never recreated...

the Medieval F'n Kurgan Krusade!!!​

Although I wish you guys luck, its no fun when the collectible that should have been made never sees the light of day :monkey2

Back