WWR Custom Soldier...Ashley Wood Inspired

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magman3

Super Freak
Reaction score
I got this idea from another boardie (dedguy). His version is much nicer than mine, but I had to have one so I decided to tackle it. This is the first time I'm ever sculpted anything so please keep that in mind. Also, I don't have an ounce of art in my blood. Just wasn't given the gift. This guy is not complete. Still need to do some more weathering, more armor, and need to add more gear.

CustomBertieDefender001.jpg

CustomBertieDefender002.jpg

CustomBertieDefender003.jpg

CustomBertieDefender004.jpg

DirtyDeeder005.jpg

great work mag...............mine will be done in the new year when I get my bits and pieces...............building a gang :D

great work mag...............mine will be done in the new year when I get my bits and pieces...............building a gang :D

Can't wait to see what you do! I'm putting one more together. Hell it costs too much to do a gang. I should have this one complete this week (fingers crossed) and I'll start my new one sometime after first of the year. I'm trying to figure out design and all that good stuff.

Thanks guys for the comments! He's not finished just yet. Will probably try to finish him this weekend if I can get by the fabric store. I'm in the process of doing two more of these with different helmet sculpts and clothes, etc. I'll post finished pics when I'm done along with pics of the others I'm working on.

Ok, finished this guy today. The pics I took are horrible, but hopefully you can see the differences. I switched out the pants for another pair that look better, added the backpack which has been repainted, and I got rid of the chest plate for a larger version.

P1020895.jpg

P1020896.jpg

P1020897.jpg

P1020899.jpg

I also got bored and decided to make a decapitated bot head. For those that are familiar with Ashley Wood's work, this is a battle damaged Bramble head in Camo colors. The redish color is actually rust, but the camera makes it look horrible. It could actually be nicer, but rust is a tough thing to do.

P1020888.jpg

P1020891.jpg

P1020892.jpg

Ok, so I pretty much went back to the drawing board with this one minus the head. Here's the now finished product. The snow weathering came out a little "white" in the picture, but looks great in person. There's a reason he wears only one glove, but I won't go into all that. The gun he is hold is a custom I put together from 2 guns, weathered, etc.

SniperCustom001.jpg

SniperCustom003.jpg

Here's another custom I did. This is my female bot technician. I had to cover her face and head because the sculpt I had was butchered, so I may do something a little different on her later for the head.

P1020924.jpg

P1020925.jpg

Back