Wtf happened to the 3 3/4 black series? Dollar store figures look better than this!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been extremely picky with the 3 3/4" black series because the figure selection and distribution have been terrible. Hasbro has never recovered since the phantom menace 3D killed the retail availability of 3 3/4" star wars.
Vintage collection was the best we had ever seen from hasbro in terms of quality and selection. Rarely were there any duds. While I had always off and on collected 3 3/4", the vintage collection sucked me in. It wasn't the packaging, it was the higher quality and the amazing new figures we got. So many good memories of that line.
The 6" line is overhyped and overpriced imho. The quality just isn't there. I have nothing against a new line with a new scale, but the 6" stuff is not the collectors quality line that was promised. The quality control is abysmal.

Tiny figures?
Have you seen the clone wars animated figures. For instance, Asoka Tano looked like a mini fig.

I've been extremely picky with the 3 3/4" black series because the figure selection and distribution have been terrible. Hasbro has never recovered since the phantom menace 3D killed the retail availability of 3 3/4" star wars.
Vintage collection was the best we had ever seen from hasbro in terms of quality and selection. Rarely were there any duds. While I had always off and on collected 3 3/4", the vintage collection sucked me in. It wasn't the packaging, it was the higher quality and the amazing new figures we got. So many good memories of that line.
The 6" line is overhyped and overpriced imho. The quality just isn't there. I have nothing against a new line with a new scale, but the 6" stuff is not the collectors quality line that was promised. The quality control is abysmal.

My Wal-Mart still has those figures on the shelf.

I was hoping now that Disney has the license they would finally make the Tonnika sisters. I would pick up a pair even though I stopped collecting the smaller figures years ago.

My Wal-Mart still has those figures on the shelf.

Mine as as well. It's crazy they won't clearance the ones with the 3d glasses already. There could probably be a whole documentary made on the phantom menace 3D blunder. Hasbro should not have bought into lucasfilm's demands, and retail should have told hasbro no. Worst part is that we all saw the problem coming.

I bought pretty much every 3 3/4 figure since day dot. The black series has been a major disappointment. I haven't purchased even one of the 7 inch figures.

It's a shame because I thought the most recent Clone wars cartoon figures and vehicles (turbo tank and the AT TE) were amazing.

I love the new Ree-Yees figure. He's got all the articulation you could want, with the exception of ankles. The outfit and paint is more accurate than the POTF2 version. Yes, the head sculpt is small. Apparently Hasbro decided to make Ree-Yees look more "realistic" as opposed to a man with a mask over his head. Once I got Ree-Yees out of the box, I realized what an awesome figure he is. I really don't understand the hate.

the black 3 3/4 series has definitely been hit or miss, but that's ok with me since I don't buy nearly as many figures anymore. Mainly just the Sith and Hoth related figures and so far those have all been great IMO. Snowtrooper commander, Toryn Farr were very nice and I hope we get some more rebel troopers. The new Vader is so incredible, best Vader made in the 3 3/4 line by miles.

Definitely some stinkers in the line, but I've been happy with the few I've wanted to get so far. I agree with you guys that the vintage and Legacy lines were the best though. For me, the retooled AT-ST and snowspeeder were the best things in the line yet.

Back