• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Hot Toys Ironman MK VII

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People and this "non ebay" prices crack me up on here. Ebay are FAIR market prices, it dictates what people are willing to pay and how much something is valued. Like it or not, this is how it works with collectibles now-a-days because people have nothing else to gauge the value on something. I can understand people giving a little cut off a figure or statue because of the fee's related in not paying and sometimes you can find deals when someone wants to move something super fast......finding someone who is going to hand a $500-$600 figure over for retail? Its like asking them to give you money for free. SMH
Man, you have great insight man. Very valid and great points.

On what planet? Ghost Rider does not clock in less than $550-$600

Yeah guy is looking for reg Mark 7 and going rate is $450-$500.

BTW, Mark 7 Sideshow Exclusive will clock in at $550-$650

This planet, what I said was shorly after Ghost riders release (meaning 1-2 months after it came out) it was still available around retail price then it went up

And that "going rate" for the 7 is a false gauge as it was only just released in HK and a few of those guys are selling to paople over here who cant wait for sideshow, once sideshow gets theirs thousands of units the prices will dip

You'd be better off selling them on eBay buddy.
Even I take off 15% off my prices to fellow SS freaks from my ebay

I don't think anyone here mentioned eBay was not a price guide

No need for that. Doing OK without e bay.

Apparently, you do not know how to collect.

Values are gauged on e bay prices.

The scale is Supppy VS Demand.

No one in their right mind will let go of a figure for under market value.

Unless, their in desperate need of money.

Keep with that " no e bay ' prices and you will have a hard time locating Hot figures. Esp new ones.

This planet, what I said was shorly after Ghost riders release (meaning 1-2 months after it came out) it was still available around retail price then it went up

And that "going rate" for the 7 is a false gauge as it was only just released in HK and a few of those guys are selling to paople over here who cant wait for sideshow, once sideshow gets theirs thousands of units the prices will dip

Nothing is false. The numbers are there for value. We will see. Both versions are sold out and no wait list open.

Taka this guy is a waste, :lol

He wont get it, just padding his posts

yet... theres more "supply" to come for that "demand" so we'll see

No need to pad my posts. I have been a member here for a bit. Rarely post here. After seeing you post I had to reply.

You have no clue on collecting. Esp with your comments about waiting and prices will go down. Super Funny guy. Yeah

As far as " Supply " We will wait and see. LOL.

Last edited:
That prob solves why non of your hot toys are being sold and you going around every single post of people trying to buy one?

Who said knowing eBay makes you an absolute collector?
All you do here in forums is post your ridiculous prices and see if anyone will buy them. Don't get me wrong there's NOtHInG I have against you or your way of selling, however, don't just go onto someone's post, ie this thread, and tell them they CAN'T find one for his desired price.
Who are you to tell them they can't or will never find one? You're just a collector like all of us, until you're the creator, then start posting those comments.

That prob solves why non of your hot toys are being sold and you going around every single post of people trying to buy one?

All you do here in forums is post your ridiculous prices and see if anyone will buy them. Don't get me wrong there's NOtHInG I have against you or your way of selling, however, don't just go onto someone's post, ie this thread, and tell them they CAN'T find one for his desired price.
Who are you to tell them they can't or will never find one? You're just a collector like all of us, until you're the creator, then start posting those comments.

I never mentioned price until you brought up issue. My point was market value.

You are from Cali. I sold some locally here in Cali. so I know what is going on man. Believe me.

Well hello there fellow Cali member!
My main point was to mention this guy hopes to find one at a cheap price or a price somewhere near the value sold by hot toys.
No need to shut down that hope

No need to pad my posts. I have been a member here for a bit. Rarely post here. After seeing you post I had to reply.

You have no clue on collecting. Esp with your comments about waiting and prices will go dwon. Super Funny guy. Yeah

As far as " Supply " We will wait and see. LOL.

Been collecting HT since day one my friend, seen all the ups and downs so far, and I collect all the different lines, it will be retail or closer too once Sideshow starts shipping, HT made a ton of this guy,

from what i've seen on popular sold out figures from hot toys, the price goes higher until right before release. then everyone starts selling theirs and the price levels or drops. then you may even see sideshow briefly get some back in stock at retail price. then as less are available on ebay, the price goes up. if the figure is a numbered limited edition or highly sought after, the price gets to be insane.

from what i've seen on popular sold out figures from hot toys, the price goes higher until right before release. then everyone starts selling theirs and the price levels or drops. then you may even see sideshow briefly get some back in stock at retail price. then as less are available on ebay, the price goes up. if the figure is a numbered limited edition or highly sought after, the price gets to be insane.

Thank you, you summed it up perfectly :lol guess we do have some common ground

We have every right to post an opinion as you do. No one knows if someone will find something at retail at anytime. Yes its possible, highly unlikely but possible. I have found stuff for cheaper on here at time's, I think everyone gets lucky and finds someone trying to sell on the cheap for a quick buck.

Just because you think a price is ridiculous, does not mean it actually is. If it is going for that price on ebay ( steady ), how in the world can it be considered a ridiculous rate? I could understand if a figure was going for $400 and someone on here was trying to sell it for $800. 95% of the things I have purchased on this forum were purchased at the going rate on ebay. Its just how it is, regardless if you like it or not.

We have every right to post an opinion as you do. No one knows if someone will find something at retail at anytime. Yes its possible, highly unlikely but possible. I have found stuff for cheaper on here at time's, I think everyone gets lucky and finds someone trying to sell on the cheap for a quick buck.

Just because you think a price is ridiculous, does not mean it actually is. If it is going for that price on ebay ( steady ), how in the world can it be considered a ridiculous rate? I could understand if a figure was going for $400 and someone on here was trying to sell it for $800. 95% of the things I have purchased on this forum were purchased at the going rate on ebay. Its just how it is, regardless if you like it or not.

Just cause a companies stock shoots up for a couple weeks does not mean it's a sure or steady thing, just like with HT, once more of any product hits the market the value decreases, since I'm sure there's at least three times the product still to come as sideshow has alit to sell and distribute the price will likely go down

My persepective to the higher prices is as follows:

If I've purchased items at higher prices, why in the world would I re-sell for a lesser price? Who in this world would do that knowing that things out there are expensive as they are?

Another item to mention is "right timing."
If I was available to purchase the item at retail, and you were not, why should I sell the item over to you for that same price or less when there is a large demand over them?

To some, these figures are worth what they are and to some, it's not.
It's just like art or collectible items. They are only as valuable as the popularity and want. I sure as hell know I won't be selling my collection at lesser amounts than what I dished out for sure, unless I'm in a dire need to.

I own lots of Statues and Figures, and for the last 8 years, I can vouch for "Sold Out=Good Luck."

Last edited:

My persepective to the higher prices is as follows:

If I've purchased items at higher prices, why in the world would I re-sell for a lesser price? Who in this world would do that knowing that things out there are expensive as they are?

Another item to mention is "right timing."
If I was available to purchase the item at retail, and you were not, why should I sell the item over to you for that same price or less when there is a large demand over them?

To some, these figures are worth what they are and to some, it's not.
It's just like art or collectible items. They are only as valuable as the popularity and want. I sure as hell know I won't be selling my collection at lesser amounts than what I dished out for sure, unless I'm in a dire need to.

I own lots of Statues and Figures, and for the last 8 years, I can vouch for "Sold Out=Good Luck."

Both of you guys know the real world of collecting. GREAT POINTS guys.

Great to have you guys with down to earth replies with honesty.:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

Back