Wowww!!! Amazing Custom cave troll !!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry Daveyjaro.. :)

to elaborate-

The sculptor and painter of the ebay cave troll is just someone who sculpted and painted for Weta in TLOTR. So that's why I think in my opinion it's better than the SSW one, because... well... it compares on all levels (likeness, sculpt macro/micro detail [except head proportion], painting, fact that it was done by a Weta sculptor)

So I just consider this to be equivalent to an official Weta maquette that was not mass produced.

Ahh, thanks! Well, hope he sculpts more. And he needs to do a 4 foot balrog statue for me. :naughty

Strange that the last 3 bids are from the same seller ?

User ID Bid Amount Date of bid

toy*boy ( 44) AU $1,025.99 Feb-21-06 16:24:59 PST

freakyraptor ( 48) AU $1,000.99 Feb-24-06 10:16:01 PST

freakyraptor ( 48) AU $899.99 Feb-24-06 10:14:06 PST

freakyraptor ( 48) AU $769.99 Feb-24-06 10:10:56 PST

toy*boy ( 44) AU $600.00 Feb-18-06 21:02:35 PST

mariohorst ( 46) AU $500.00 Feb-18-06 10:45:10 PST

Nemo Nint said:
Sorry Daveyjaro.. :)

to elaborate-

The sculptor and painter of the ebay cave troll is just someone who sculpted and painted for Weta in TLOTR. So that's why I think in my opinion it's better than the SSW one, because... well... it compares on all levels (likeness, sculpt macro/micro detail [except head proportion], painting, fact that it was done by a Weta sculptor)

So I just consider this to be equivalent to an official Weta maquette that was not mass produced.

That is cool!! I bet if he had said that in the auction it would of went for a lot more.

Back