Wowww!!! Amazing Custom cave troll !!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that looks terrific. Even bigger than the Sideshow Stone Troll. Still expensive though.

Damn! I am inspired!!!

It is really tempting to try and make one myself :google

Hmm, that looks like the SSW Cave Troll's Hammer. And the Hands look familiar too! Some nice work, however, the head is too small for the body. And, wow, the blood in the mouth... gruesome. :horror

SauronBurger said:
Looks even slightly better than original CT just
wondering how much $ it will end for...

Nah I don't think so. I wouldn't give ya a wooden nickel for that. Where as I would pay top dollar for the SSW one.

Damn, that belly looks hot!!! :naughty

dc_12_sb.JPG

that troll rocks! but for the price i'd rather try getting the SS/Weta Cave Troll instead. it's scale wouldn't be as compatible w/ the 12" line tho, but u know it'd hold value.

I'd rather have the ebay one than Sideshow Weta's.
Just my own opinion.

That ebay one looks mighty impressive for size. oh yes!

Daveyjaro- I didn't notice until I read your post, but I agree, the head does look smaller than it should be!

But... wow, the fact it looks like it's in scale with the other figures makes it soooooo appealing!! haha Now I eagerly await an ebay balrog that is in scale with the rest. The day I see that where it's as great as the SSW balrog, is the day I sell my SSW balrog and buy that one. *shouts to world* Bring it on! I dare ya!

Now we play the waiting game!

ah.. the waiting game sucks. Lets play Hungry Hungry Hippos!

Last edited:
jlcmsu said:
Nah I don't think so. I wouldn't give ya a wooden nickel for that. Where as I would pay top dollar for the SSW one.

Of course, nothing beats Sideshow. :google

I like both.

I think the ebay troll looks great and is in scale, where the Sideshow one is not in scale with the rest of the line.

I kind of like it. The size of it makes the whole piece to me. Its got some good detail to it too.

Gruson said:
Of course, nothing beats Sideshow. :google

I like both.

I think the ebay troll looks great and is in scale, where the Sideshow one is not in scale with the rest of the line.

I don't dislike the custom. It's good for a custom but to say it's better than the SSW one makes me think those haven't seen the CT from SSW in person.

jlcmsu said:
SauronBurger said:
Looks even slightly better than original CT just
wondering how much $ it will end for...

jlcmsu said:
I don't dislike the custom. It's good for a custom but to say it's better than the SSW one makes me think those haven't seen the CT from SSW in person.

Much prefer your second post Josh :cool:

I think your point is great. But then one can also say that to say the SSW is better than this one makes another person think they haven't seen this other one in person (yes of course very very FEW people actually have.. lol)

But I think I agree with you... because people on the board know the quality of SSW's micro detail and this one you can't get a TRUE feel for its micro detail. But as for its size and colour application, in my opinion, it looks like it is better than SSW's.. Yep.

I don't think the Cavetroll beats the Balrog, though others would disagree but I think- if I saw a balrog that was 4 feet tall or 5 feet tall, with pictures that made me think it might be as detailed as SSW's.... uh, well, it could be tempting ..lol.

It's cool Nemo. I like the custom but I wouldn't pay anything like what they are wanting for it based on that pic. Getting to see the CT everyday maybe makes me lean a bit more towards the SSW one.

Getting to see the CT everyday maybe makes me lean a bit more towards the SSW one.

Yep, this is what I was thinking too, but with other items instead of the CT.
I have not seen the CT in person.

actually.. I am now more informed than I previously was, and this auctioned cave troll IN MY OPINION :) definitely IS better than the SSW one.

Cool

Last edited:
actually.. I am now more informed than I previously was, and this auctioned cave troll IN MY OPINION definitely IS better than the SSW one.

Elaborate please.

If the head would have been twice as big, I think it would have been awesome. But it reminds me of Beetlejuice and the headshrinkers at the end of the movie. Sorry, we all know Cavey's head is not that small. It detracts for me, but the other parts are very well done indeed.

Back