WOW!!!! Its a Sideshow Day!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What, no Vision Lawgiver?
LOL, no, that much $ for a duplicate is beyond me. I am still recuperating from being on disability since Dec. The lack of my "extra" income that I used for 1:6 has kept me from getting many more of the apes that I need. :(

Wow! You gys like the look of Ceasar but didn't like Ursus?!?

I am pleased with the figure and agree with a few points that others have made but I think this is my best/favorite POTA figure that I have. I have Corny, Zira, Zaius and a Gorilla.

I was disappointed with the helmet but mine came off with a little tug and snip. I will replace the "flap" so it is the proper length. I was always intending to "hair-over" mine with fine mohair so the hair detail didn't matter to me.

The gloves, while not articulated was not a problem with me. I don't know how else you would accomplish his guantlets. I didn't like how the Gorillas was handled either.

I like the chest armor, neck piece and shoulder pads. The real ones were just as rigid. How did you expect them to be done, real leather with tiny metal plates attached?

I'm happy with this and will gladly take all of yours off your hands free of charge! :mwaha

Andy

Wow! You gys like the look of Ceasar but didn't like Ursus?!?
I didn't like the original look of Caesar, but do like the new sculpt better. I liked the advance pic of Ursus but was disappointed in what I got.

I was disappointed with the helmet but mine came off with a little tug and snip. I will replace the "flap" so it is the proper length. I was always intending to "hair-over" mine with fine mohair so the hair detail didn't matter to me.
Yes, the helmet came off easily enough, and I too will be replacing the leather draping and am considering repainting the hair. My main point, though, is that I shouldn't have to.

The gloves, while not articulated was not a problem with me. I don't know how else you would accomplish his guantlets. I didn't like how the Gorillas was handled either.
I thought the gorillas were much better in that the hands could be posed with some wrist articultaion which simply isn't possible with the hard molded one piece version.

I like the chest armor, neck piece and shoulder pads. The real ones were just as rigid. How did you expect them to be done, real leather with tiny metal plates attached?
I've not been fortunate to have seen or felt the original armor in person. I would have been more pleased had they been attached better and if the neck armor was a seperate armor piece that went over the chest armor. Of course, being as you brought it up...for the preice a leather-like material with silver painted plastic plates glued on would have been nice too. ;)

I'm happy with this and will gladly take all of yours off your hands free of charge!
No, no....you want 'em ...they'll cost you the Sideshow $45 kick in the wallet, fix 'em when you get 'em price. :angel

I would have been more pleased had they been attached better and if the neck armor was a seperate armor piece

I agree... it wouldn't have been that hard to make them separate. It would have have given the armour a little depth.

The gloves didn't bother me... it sort of goes with the approach they took with the chest armour. Had they done some sort of cloth thingie it wouldn't have matched. I did however like the approach they took with the Gorilla Soldier... it too matches the leatherlike vest.

I'm thinking about popping off the helmet, but I'm a little nervous doing so. Customizing $20 figures is one thing but... Does anybody have any pictures on what Ursus looks like without his signature helmet?

I'm thinking about popping off the helmet, but I'm a little nervous doing so. Customizing $20 figures is one thing but... Does anybody have any pictures on what Ursus looks like without his signature helmet?

Don't sweat it, PZ. The helmet is barely adhered to the head and goes back on VERY easily. The head is all but useless without the helmet as they didn't sculpt the top of his head. I'll probably just attach a leather piece of the proper length and put the helmet back on. I also plan to switch bodies to try and make up for the bit of a longer neck. That might also help cure his bobble head syndrome. Now....if it only looked like the James Gregory Ursus. :\

Just a quick fix, still working on him. Switched him to a BBi body and gave him a Hasbro helmet for now.
POTAUrsus-helmet.jpg

Back