Wow! I'm parting out Bespin Han as we speak!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darthrazz

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
That is a crazy auction!?!?! It must be a desperate buyer and a shill bidder or something fishy, because you can buy a whole figure for the part you need, and then part out what you don't to make up the difference instead of going this route...

This is crazy. I wonder how many people just stick a high bid in on an item and foget about it or bid high on a lot that ends when they don't have access to a computer hoping to ensure they get it and not really expecting the bidding to go very high? I've been tempted on a few items, but I know my luck.

There was a seller parting out a Sideshow Star Wars ANH Kenobi figure earlier this week. The auctions ended last night and I was shocked to see that the lightsaber with ignited blade sold for $32.00, the boots sold for $22.50, a set of three hands went for $20.00 and the headsculpt sold for around $33.00 (don't recall exact amount). The rest of the parts sold at fairly reasonable prices. Theseller made serious some bucks on this figure.

I really needed some loose parts from the ANH Kenobi for a project, but found it cheaper to buy a complete figure to get the parts I needed. I picked one up on ebay for $62.00 shipped.

On 28-Sep-08 at 12:30:21 EDT, seller added the following information:

PLEASE NOTE....

This is NOT a 1:1 scale that you can wear. It is 1/16 scale and made for the Bespin Han Solo 12 inch Action figure by Sideshow collectibles.

:lol :lol :lol

Someone stupid is getting something a lot smaller than they had planned.

That's why I hate to bid on anything on Ebay anymore. With all the "sniper" programs and people having their friends bidding on their items to run up the price, it's gotten beyond ridiculous. I'm not implying that all the auctions go this route, or that any of the auctions mentioned in this thread have, but $20 for a set of 3 hands?? $32 for Obi-Wan's headsculpt? make you scratch your head, it's almost a sin that you can't get in touch with bidders anymore and point them in the direction of Toyanxiety.com where you could have gotten the Kenobi head, body and 2 hands for $20!...But hey more power to the sellers I guess?:confused:

71.00, What the... That is insane. I know you can make more money by parting the figure, I cant believe is that high. Though, it wouldnt surprise me if the winning bidder doesnt pay.

Last edited:
I was bidding on a Sideshow ANH Obi Wan lightsabre myself this week and bowed out when it hit the £16/17 region. I think I might sell my Sideshow stuff piece by piece too if I decide to quit them.

There definitely are people who buy these things thinking that they are full sized. If you do part something out, it might not be a bad idea to put a quarter or something in the picture for scale, just to avoid problems later on.

I was bidding on a Sideshow ANH Obi Wan lightsabre myself this week and bowed out when it hit the £16/17 region. I think I might sell my Sideshow stuff piece by piece too if I decide to quit them.

A couple of weeks back, I saw ANH han Solo parted. Out of curiousity, I calculated the sellers bids and it totaled 107.00 with about a day left. I myself parted the regular Bespin Luke, and sold it for 63.00. It should have been more, but I kept the Lighsaber (lit and unlit) and like a moron I threw away the box. Plus I kept the body and sold the jedi Luke body. So yeah, if you plan on selling your figures parting is the way to go. Though now that more people are catching on, it might not be as profitable in the near future.

Back