WoW! Even more horrors associated with Mummy PF's Quality

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DetroitSportsFan said:
There was something rattling around in my sarcophagus too. I didn't give it much thought since the piece looked great and the magnets worked just good enough to get the job done.
Now it makes sense.

Wow!

I concider myself lucky that I got a decent Mummy. Mine has a few flaws but nothing major enough to send it back unlike my Wolman PF that was missing a toe.

The magnets on mine are VERY strong.

GOOD LORD...NOW IT'S BROKEN MAGNETS!!!!!:horror :horror

IS THERE NO END TO THESE QUALITY HORRORS.....:eek :horse

I am gonna go check mine right now...if'n I hears any rattlin', well...it aint gonna be pretty. Anyone who has this problem should send theirsBACK!BACK!!
BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:maul

Anton Phibes said:
GOOD LORD...NOW IT'S BROKEN MAGNETS!!!!!:horror :horror

IS THERE NO END TO THESE QUALITY HORRORS.....:eek :horse

I am gonna go check mine right now...if'n I hears any rattlin', well...it aint gonna be pretty. Anyone who has this problem should send theirsBACK!BACK!!
BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:maul
I can't even manage to get mine sent back. For some reason i haven't been sent my shipping labels to send this thing back for a replacement.

Bannister said:
I can't even manage to get mine sent back. For some reason i haven't been sent my shipping labels to send this thing back for a replacement.

I had the same problem returning my SSE LAM PF from Spook. Got the RMA, but it took a few days for the label. Be patient, it will come, or email Amiee again...

that sux about the borken magnets thing.
I wouldnt have foreseen that issue either.
Guess they need to glue the shat out of them so if they do crack or break they still remain intact.

good ting theyre working this thru with the colors and not my SSE :cool:

lcummins said:
I had the same problem returning my SSE LAM PF from Spook. Got the RMA, but it took a few days for the label. Be patient, it will come, or email Amiee again...
Believe me Lonnie, I have been patient. I got the RMA on Nov. 21. I called and spoke with Aimee today and everything should be taken care of. No big deal. I was mainly just venting.

Well I got my replacement today and it's back to the drawing board again. Got a whole new set of problems. This one was apparently inspected prior to shipment and looks like during the inspection or repacking phase ended up with paint being scuffed off of the bottom of the Sarcophagus and an area with the paint missing inside the lip of the Sarcophagus. Not to mention the tape was actually stuck to the Sarcophagus which removed paint as well. Didn't even unwrap the Mummy, just repacked him and emailed SS again. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

oxbeard said:
Well I got my replacement today and it's back to the drawing board again. Got a whole new set of problems. This one was apparently inspected prior to shipment and looks like during the inspection or repacking phase ended up with paint being scuffed off of the bottom of the Sarcophagus and an area with the paint missing inside the lip of the Sarcophagus. Not to mention the tape was actually stuck to the Sarcophagus which removed paint as well. Didn't even unwrap the Mummy, just repacked him and emailed SS again. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2
Man that sucks.

Anton Phibes said:
This is beginning to become like the song that doesn't end.....one defect, after another, after another.....
Yeah, if my replacement is damaged, I will just wait and try my luck with the SSE.

Bannister said:
Yeah, if my replacement is damaged, I will just wait and try my luck with the SSE.

I had to email them pics last night. Hopefully this will resolve itself quickly.

oxbeard said:
I had to email them pics last night. Hopefully this will resolve itself quickly.
Well, I just got my second Mummy I ordered, not my replacement, and hopefully there is nothing wrong with this one.

Hey oxbeard...howabout posting those pics you emailed to SSC here? That way we can see what else is associated with the piece damage wise.

Bannister...when you get your new one unwrapped, let's see some pics. Anyone who has one of these that is primo needs to chime in as well. Maybe someone should start a poll. "Did you order the Mummy pF? If so..how many did you have to get before you got a decent one?" kinda thing.:D

Anton Phibes said:
Hey oxbeard...howabout posting those pics you emailed to SSC here? That way we can see what else is associated with the piece damage wise.

Bannister...when you get your new one unwrapped, let's see some pics. Anyone who has one of these that is primo needs to chime in as well. Maybe someone should start a poll. "Did you order the Mummy pF? If so..how many did you have to get before you got a decent one?" kinda thing.:D
Will do. I will get some pics up later.

First pic is pretty blurry but you should get the idea of the scuffs. Second pic is the spot that doesn't appear to have been painted. Third pic is where the gold paint pealed off with the tape.

Keep in mind, I returned the first one because of cracked fingers on the Mummy. Now I really wish I could have just gotten a replacement Mummy and kept my original Sarcophagus.

oxbeard said:
First pic is pretty blurry but you should get the idea of the scuffs. Second pic is the spot that doesn't appear to have been painted. Third pic is where the gold paint pealed off with the tape.

Keep in mind, I returned the first one because of cracked fingers on the Mummy. Now I really wish I could have just gotten a replacement Mummy and kept my original Sarcophagus.

GAK!!!!!:horror I wonder when anyone from SSC will chime in on this thread. This has got to be one of their worst quality problems surely! All of us who managed to get a good one better never sell it off. The chances of getting an adequate replacement in the future will be awful!!! Now, its Bannister's turn for pics.... That second picture is enough to make me crap my pants. Have you had to take a valium through this ordeal yet, Oxbeard?

Anton Phibes said:
GAK!!!!!:horror I wonder when anyone from SSC will chime in on this thread. This has got to be one of their worst quality problems surely! All of us who managed to get a good one better never sell it off. The chances of getting an adequate replacement in the future will be awful!!! Now, its Bannister's turn for pics.... That second picture is enough to make me crap my pants. Have you had to take a valium through this ordeal yet, Oxbeard?

Not yet, I've tried to be patient so far. This is really the first horror ordeal I've been through with them. But I have to admit that if I didn't want this PF so bad from the beginning I would have simply requested a refund this time. I just hope I can eventually get a perfect piece. It truly is amazing once you get past the QC issues.

And yeah, the second pic was the real clincher for me.

Back