Would you buy Ramirez if he didn't look like Connery?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt I'd even consider buying Ramirez without Connery's likeness.

denger4000 said:
I want a Methos figure.

Yep. modern and Origin versions. Shame there isn't a Peter Wingfield sculpt around as a Modern Methos would actually be pretty easy once you've got a decent likeness.

Mind you with the Source coming out, and Methos being in it there is a pretty good chance of getting one this year. He and Dawson will be the main two heroes in the film who aren't already in the Highlander line.

NFI who the villain will be though.

Darklord Dave said:
Some films get merchandise likeness rights from all the actors in the contract with the actor. That's how they can do Connery as Bond.

Highlander was an independent film and I imagine they considered themselves very lucky to get Connery at all and didn't even try to get merchandise likeness rights. To go to Connery at this point and ask for Highlander likeness rights would most likely be cost prohibitive (I surmise).

that's probably true but like i said, there's a ton of good Connery headsculpts out there that u can get for about $10. now give me Ramirez's outfit and a SS, Dragon, BBI, body and i'm set. anyone know of any good 1/6 tailors that take commisions? i know of a couple who are booked at the moment. not sure they'd ever wanna take on something as complex as his costume tho.

Shame there isn't a Peter Wingfield sculpt around as a Modern Methos would actually be pretty easy once you've got a decent likeness.

ah.. but there is.
pt5bi.jpg

the sculpt is from Power Team figure (Modern Artic to be exact but i have seen the same head in a few other PT offerings). He was 5$ at a KayBee Outlet but you can find military PT toys at Big Lots, Tuesday Mornings and Toys 'R Us. i did a little digital re-paint on him to bring out the likeness.

Sharp eye, Koipond! Looking at the blonde, blue eyed guy, I really couldn't see the resemblence (sp?) but after your little touch up work, it really does look a LOT like the comparative photo. Maybe just a touch more nose......
Mr. Wingfield is no slouch in the proboscis department! But hey.....it could work! How would you dress him to make him more recognizable? In robes, when he was hiding out in the church? ???

koipond said:
ah.. but there is.
pt5bi.jpg

the sculpt is from Power Team figure (Modern Artic to be exact but i have seen the same head in a few other PT offerings). He was 5$ at a KayBee Outlet but you can find military PT toys at Big Lots, Tuesday Mornings and Toys 'R Us. i did a little digital re-paint on him to bring out the likeness.

Anyone know who might possibly stock these in Australia - I couldn't find any on the web :(

Probably, just so I can have that costume available for one of my figures that *does* look like Connery.

And if you can find Dragon's CD Wai from a few years ago, he makes a decent Methos with just a little work. He's not as blessed in the probiscal department as the Power Team lad, but otherwise he's an excellent Methos base. A little sanding and resculpting, a tiny bit of paint and you're good.

koipond said:
ah.. but there is.
pt5bi.jpg

Is this the same sculpt you reckon ?

Head390.JPG

The license may be gone but Shaithis77 (the licensing VP) did hint that they might release a generic Immortal Guy with Kurgan armor so anything is possible. If they did a generic Spaniard guy with the right costume I will get one to customize and maybe get that Major Roy HS to swap with it.

any highlander nerd/geek can tell me why is Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez's name seemingly so long? :rolleyes:
Cause he's Shpanish!
4WSF1rv.jpg

Sideshow could produce a figure with the outfit sans the hat and cape. Add a helmet, a map and and spear and call him "Hernán Cortés" or "Juan Ponce de León". stick him in the 'Live by the Sword' line and sit back.
Or If they still want to label it after the Highlander franchise...
dJQ9I9z.jpg

Just claim the figure is really meant to be this ^ character, they just got the likeness way off.
Then just accidentally (on purpose) make it dress and look like Connery's Ramirez.

Thread came up through a peripheral search, didn't look at the date.
Sad, just a week later, he passed. RIP.

Back