Statue Would you buy a NECA 1/4 P2 Predator?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you like NECA to make a 1/4 scale Predator 2?

• Yes please

Votes: 232 80.6%
  • No thanks

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 19 6.6%

• Total voters
Hey, if it happens, great for you guys. :) But Id be lying if I said Id buy it. When it comes to Predators, its the Original P1 for me. The rest are...well....alright. Nothing "wrong" with them per se, just they dont give me that same nostalgic feeling like the old P1 does.

Not even P2?:horror

C'MON Anonymous Users!!! Do not just read this thread act now and log in and put your names on the NECA 1/4 P2 Wish list! :D :lol
uncle-sam-we-want-you1.jpg

Who would definitely pre-order ¼ P2 Predators from NECA as we speak, if they would be available for pre-order! I'm dying to know! Please quote this and post your name under. Thanks in advance!:family

Jake207

NECA 1/4 P2 wish list (update 14):
sprig0701
helloall
Centurion
a-dev
greygoose
Jumpman
Gates70
riky
jayiw
Greenblood72
supermarvel1
herzograven
Black Bird
Yautja-fr
predarnold
steveaustin
cultpredator
Empir3
EndoT800
Lar'ja Thwei
Jmek
fear 666 xX
Badvermin
preeny101
nathanial91
(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
DeathComesRipping
matt_85
Pebeforeugo
Hollywood
demorathis
crazypredator2
PharOOO
Predatowned
HottoyzJoker
BlueLeader
Violator66
Xerowolf
Macularius
hanorex
csutkakoma
Steemed-HAM
Blackmask
Horror_Chase
jrice73
adegregorio
mandoman

Added my name. P2 Pred is just a little more awesome than P1.

No, not from NECA I won't. Cheap craftsmanship isn't something I'm willing to pay for.

No, not from NECA I won't. Cheap craftsmanship isn't something I'm willing to pay for.

You just happened to get a really crappy one. Return it and get a figure in better condition. Maybe fate just felt like crapping on yours, so it's just as well that it's still in the box ;).

As long as stores still have return policies for those occasional duds, I'll gladly buy more 1/4 Preds -- but the netting really needs to improve.

I'd like to see what you think about HT's P1 if you think this one is so cheap, cheap as in, crappy...
Blows my HT P1 away..

Besides the netting, there really isn't anything wrong with it. Oh, the seam looks pretty bad.. I'll add that. But other than that, it just has normal toy/collectible problems.

"Uhg! The gap is so annoying! This thing cost me $80! I'm just gonna get the much better HT P1, with the far more accurate Bio, for only $200!"

I'd like to see what you think about HT's P1 if you think this one is so cheap, cheap as in, crappy...
Blows my HT P1 away..

Besides the netting, there really isn't anything wrong with it. Oh, the seam looks pretty bad.. I'll add that. But other than that, it just has normal toy/collectible problems.

"Uhg! The gap is so annoying! This thing cost me $80! I'm just gonna get the much better HT P1, with the far more accurate Bio, for only $500!"
Fixed that for ya :lol

Agreed, though. Some people are never happy. They could have KPH in the actual movie suit in their house, and they'd say it's inaccurate. (And yes, I know KPH is dead. I'm just making a point of how asinine some "collectors" are.)

Blows my HT P1 away..

"Uhg! The gap is so annoying! This thing cost me $80! I'm just gonna get the much better HT P1, with the far more accurate Bio, for only $200!"

You're misreading me. I didn't say the figure is crappy, I said the materials and craftsmanship are. Kyle has made the best P1 likeness to date. I'm not going to argue that because I agree with you on it. But, NECA took that and made something cheap. HT, since they keep being brought into this, IMO doesn't do that. They try to make things quality. "Nothing wrong with it but the netting tearing on us. Oh...and the seam is pretty bad. And the gap in the visor, but nothing else." Who are we trying to convince here? How much do they have to screw up before we say NECA needs to do a better job?

I paid $80 (small compared to HT) for the figures and 2 of the 3 have netting tears in the box. I've never touched them. The masked one has all the issues people have talked about. I don't recall torn netting being a feature on the purchase description of various stores. If you opened a toaster up and it was scratched up, you'd take it back to the store. Why has this figure mesmerized us to the point where we completely toss out its issues? If I were the only one with torn netting issues, I'd figure I can just exchange it and join the rest of you. BUT, this keeps coming up and you even said you have netting tears.

As weak as that stuff is, in a year our netting could be hanging off the figures. At that point, I say we still praise what Kyle did, but do we still shrug it off for NECA? NECA has some great artists. But, they make cheap figures. Until they stop doing that, IMO they'll never compete with HT. HT predators look like crap compared to these NECA ones artistically, but the HT preds are still lasting because they have quality.

Last edited:
I don't think the gap is bad, I was saying that to show how much better it is than HT's over-all piece of crap Bio..

As for HT having better quality.. I agree that the materials they use are better. But what other than the netting is so bad? And I do find it a bit hard to believe that the netting is as bad as people say, unless they're all throwing him around and making soud effects, etc.
Mine only has one small tear, the rest of the netting is nice and stable.
The armor? It's more flexible, it probably cost less, but it still looks better than HT's and is not showing signs of damage...
Some joints are loose, some are better than HT's..

You act as if this is the only figure that has problems.. EVERY collectible you see is going to have flaws. I can't put the Bio on 3 of my HT Preds without scratching paint off..

Hopefully if they make more Preds in the future they know what areas they need to improve on.

Then again, who knows if this will really happen? As I mentioned in my review, NECA is trying desperately to find the sweet spot between satisfying higher-end collectors (and it's happened to some extent, let's face it) and still being affordable. $70-$80 is probably the maximum price they'll charge, since even ex-collectors think $70 is a lot to drop down on a figure, no matter how great and big it may look. The only way NECA will keep business going with this particular line of figures is if the high-end guys keep buying; the lower-end people won't be enough.

So here you're at a crossroads. Either bump up quality to the point where only high-end collectors will buy (and this could definitely work, just look at how HT is doing) or lower the price and reduce quality for low-end collectors (and this has also worked for NECA in the past, just look at their 7" Predator line so far :lol).

From this point, it could go both ways, which tells us that NECA has found that balance between both worlds and it's unlikely that they'll shift it towards a certain end of the spectrum.

If they'd just fix a few itsy bitsy things, NECA would be fine. The netting and the seam, I'm sure the seam will end up being fixed without a price change..but the netting, not so much.

Either way, I just pray we get more 1:4 Preds from them...

Back