Would you buy a lifesize prop replica grenade launcher from T2 ?.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy a lifesize SSC Prop Replica T2 Grenade Launcher ?

• YES !.

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • NO...

Votes: 33 73.3%

• Total voters

uscmhicks

Super Freak
Reaction score
After sideshow made the shotgun Arnie carried throughout the movie I was thinking how awesome if done correctly on a cool base a lifesize prop grenade launcher could look.
It is in some very important scenes in the movie and even finishes off the T-1000. It would be cool if it could open and have the grenades with it , sort of similar to the hellboy big baby and samaritan.

I can imagine it would be very expensive but would you buy one ?.
I would be tempted.

M79.jpg

After sideshow made the shotgun Arnie carried throughout the movie I was thinking how awesome if done correctly on a cool base a lifesize prop grenade launcher could look.
It is in some very important scenes in the movie and even finishes off the T-1000. It would be cool if it could open and have the grenades with it , sort of similar to the hellboy big baby and samaritan.

I can imagine it would be very expensive but would you buy one ?.
I would be tempted.

M79.jpg

dude...uk customs would never allow you to import it :lol

i'd rather have the real thing.
i'd quit my job and sell my xbox360 and play with my new favorite toy all day.

No. Just being honest. I've never even had interest in the shotgun display, not sure why just never did.

Have to agree... I think its not really specific enough of a weapon to get excited about owning a replica of.

Now a Plasma rifle would be the ^^^^, but no way I could swing the one Sideshow released :monkey2

They already make functioning airsoft versions of the M72 (blooper) grenade launcher with real wooden stocks and re-loadable shells. They retail for about $300 and shoot plastic BBs, so you can shoot your friends like they were pesky SWAT guys without blasting them into oblivion. ;)

No. But I have been looking for a nice prop minigun for a loooooooong time.

Its a nice idea. But not ideal to get across borders ;)
However, if it somehow made that noise when he drops the shell in and cocks it up...

I would risk it for sure.....luv that noise...anybody know what im talkin about?

hell yeah............but only if it came with the grenade bandoleer as well..........& with the possibility of arnies sig on it..........:lecture

There is no need for Sideshow (or anyone) to make a licensed prop of this. It's simply an actual M79 Grenade Launcher, that was used by U.S. forces in Vietnam. In fact, the Comedian uses the exact same thing during the Keene Riots scene in WATCHMEN.

Inoperable ones could be found at Army/Navy Surplus stores a few years back, but they're almost impossible to find now. But there are many replicas out there, ranging from $150 Airsoft version to the following that is as close to the real deal as possible and can fire actual prop grenades (but runs $400): https://www.vietnamwar-guns.com/shop/product_details.php?p=107

M79_40mm_Grenade_Luncher_main.jpg

M79-Grenade-Launcher.jpg

300px-ComedianFull.jpg

Last edited:
Back