Would you be interested in Sideshow doing Zorro product?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you be interested in Sideshow doing Zorro product?

• Yes, 1/6 action figures

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • Yes, statues

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • No

Votes: 41 56.9%
  • Yes, but not Banderas

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Yes, but only Banderas

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
What gives? The poll has had additions mid poll. I demand a recount. A re poll.

I think No should not be an option. That's what I think.

No. Who voted no? I think this is where this poll was maybe a little hasty. I am a 1/6 collector and want a Zorro. Now there are many LotR collectors that couldn't give a hoot about Zorro, Apes, Aliens or other cool lines that we 1/6 collectors appreciate. I think they make up the numbers of those saying 'No'. This is therefore a misrepresentation of the point. So let this poll be scrapped, and a better title sought out. Something like 'As a 1/6 collector, would you be interested in Sideshow doing Zorro product'. Leaving a question as open as the heading of this poll, allows for overwhelming answers in the negative. Which may lead to an wrongly assumed unwant of such product.

Yeah! What Creecher said! (What did he say?)

I can't believe the majority of 1:6 collectors on this board would not be interested in a Zorro figure. Too bad this was not a public poll so we could see who voted "no."

srjhn_tsr.jpg

I voted no would rather see the Sideshow resources used on other products.

A lot of people who are voting no I would imagine aren't 1/6th collectors. Not a hundred percent of no voters, just the vast majority.
I made a kind of obscure comment about "pointy ears and furry feet option" on Zorro. What I meant was unless Antonio Banderas is playing a Hobbit or another character/creature from LotR a significant portion of folks here aren't going to be in favor of SSC "wasting" the time to produce a collectible, let alone a non-statue collectible item with that theme. That's fine but I agree with you guys who think it might be better not to have the "no" option on a poll since I suspect many voting nay would vote that way on virtually anything 1/6th.
Of course some 1/6th collectors may just hate Banderas or Zorro. Or both.

Anyhoo, I think the Phantom, Shadow etc. are fantastic ideas also. I'm a huge fan of "The Ghost who Walks". I'd prefer they were "pulp" or comic versions that didn't use a particular actors likeness. Something more based on the artists and writers work. The Doc Savage based on the cover paintings of the sixties soft covers would be very neat. Great idea.

That's fine but I agree with you guys who think it might be better not to have the "no" option on a poll since I suspect many voting nay would vote that way on virtually anything 1/6th

I disagree with that I voted no just not intrested, no other motive although a classic version might be cool.

Actually I want to change my vote to the Yes but not the movie version. And not statue either.
And also throw in a vote for a classic Lone Ranger figure.

I second the Lone Ranger idea, but again, the question would arise about horses.

If horses are included the figure sets could be complete.

Imagine the Rhorrim, for example, without horses...

"We are the Riders of ROHAN!"

"What do you ride?"

"Uh, the usual things, you know."

"No, tell me."

"Um, we are the former Riders of ROHAN!"

LOL

Hi ho ____ AWAY!

:D

What I meant to say is that I wish I could speak my mind instead of holding back and worrying about offending anyone, but I must be polite and considerate of other's remarks, no matter how unneccesary they are. :D

Eric

Ahhh now the question is are you for or against 1/6 scale Zorro figures?

I'm a huge 1/6th collecting nut, anything and everything basically... but I voted no - minimal interest in the character (a generic Zorro is pretty kitbashable anyhow) and there are a heck of a lot of other figures I'd rather Sideshow would make first.

Nick

Okay, that's it. The poll also should not include anyone who's British. Just kidding.
I don't think that a figure like Zorro would take a huge amount of SSC's time for R & D. I think it would be pretty straight forward.
They will need a sculptor of course, but Andy could knock this out in like what, ten minutes? Kidding again.
I would like to see this figure along with Ms. Zeta-Jones in period attire. While it's not numero uno on my figure list I think it would be interesting and would buy it.
And that Phantom idea along with Doc Savage and The Shadow would be killer. Pulp and comic strip adventure hero's would make for a great series of figures. Of course I'm still pulling for Allan Quartermain and "She who must be obeyed". That would be killer too. I'd really like to see SSC tackle some of this kind of stuff as the did with the "revenant" prototype. I think the sculptors and costumers could make some pretty amazing stuff like this given the opportunity.

Put me down as one who would enjoy a good Zorro figure.
Heck, maybe they could subcontract a horse from the Powerteam guys and make his steed, Tornado to go along with him. :wacky

Scott45

Zorro has always been more of a swordsman than a horseman, to me. Role-playing Zorro in my Ben Cooper costume as a kid, it was always about making the sign of the "Z."

I can appreciate the interest in Tornado — that iconic shot of Zorro on his mighty steed, sword held high, silhouetted against the lightning-charged night sky at the end of the opening titles 1957 TV show still send chills along the spine of my inner child — but the lack of a horse wouldn't dissuade me from buying a figure.

Ditto the Lone Ranger. And geez, with the Phantom, we've got Hero, Devil, Dart, and Joomba to contend with. Those 1:6 elephants take up a lot of space!

I'd definitely support a pulp figure line —*and Flash Gordon figures from the Buster Crabbe serials, too!

nmrcnc_tsr.jpg

Back